Thailand pass query

Am planning to apply for the Thailand pass and m aware I need to have the required insurance etc.  However as I am a Hong Kong permanent resident my vaccination record has my Hong Kong ID number on it and as I am also a UK national I was planning to use my UK passport details for entering visa exempt, flight and hotel booking.  Should I therefore just use my Hong Kong ID number for filling out the thai pass info even though I want to enter visa exempt?   Wondering if this might cause my thai pass application to get rejected if I use my UK passport info.  Thank you. 

4 minutes ago, HKexpat said:

As it’s an official document issued by the HK government I don’t think that’s an option but thank you for the suggestion. 

I have two vaccine certificates both official documents issued my the Ministry of Public Health.

- One issued in the Middle East

- Another issued in Thailand 

Both contained my residency ID and neither had my Passport number on them - I’ve edited them both to include my Passport number. 

I’ve used them both to enter Thailand (I used one of them today to submit to Thailand Pass).

It’s not changing information, cheating, lying or dishonest - its simply adding a factual detail officials missed out because they were too lazy to add it. 

Of course, if you feel that is too much for you then you’ll just have to take the chance. 

• Like 1

Your vaccination certificates will be accepted with your ID number on them. You passport number on them is not mandatory since many countries issue them without it. The important thing is you name them.

You have to use your passport number on the Thailand Pass since the is what you will be using to enter the country.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, HashBrownHarry said:

If you're entering on re-entry permit how long must the insruance be valid for.

I will enter end of feb and insurance good till mid March, is this acceptable?

There's nothing official (that I know of) on that... 

However, consensus seems to be that it's for the duration of your ‘permission of stay’....  

That said, lots of people have been reporting that they were approved with 30 days cover....   

I Purchase insurance yearly - thus, when re-entering Thailand with only 2 months left on my insurance but a permission of stay (extension of stay) for another 8 months nothing was flagged. 

The reality is: When you apply for your Thailand Pass you do not submit any Visa Information, thus... in the relevant section on the Thailand Pass application you can just put down your ‘intended duration of stay’ as 30 days and enter with a 30 day insurance. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, HKexpat said:

Thanks Richard, I’ll see if my passport details can be added by the Ministry of Health.   

Ubon Joe covered your query...  

38 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Your vaccination certificates will be accepted with your ID number on them. You passport number on them is not mandatory since many countries issue them without it. The important thing is you name them.

That said...  I’ve still have my passport added on my Vax certs to remove any potential ambiguity or tripping points.

6 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

Ubon Joe covered your query...  

That said...  I’ve still have my passport added on my Vax certs to remove any potential ambiguity or tripping points.

That might work with one that does not have QR code on it. It might cause a mismatch of the info and cause a problem in that case.

11 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

That might work with one that does not have QR code on it. It might cause a mismatch of the info and cause a problem in that case.

I haven’t noticed any issue (this time, or on previous occasions)

The addition (editing in) of numerical Passport data on the Vaccine Certificate in the ‘blank area’ where Passport data is supposed to go does not generate any mismatch at all.

The QR code simply links to the same information that exists digitally on the server. 

I have two Vaccine Certificates from Thailand (from the same two vaccines).

1) Thailand National Vaccine Certificate of Covid-19 Vaccination

2) International Covid-19 Vaccination Certificate 

Both processed through Mor Promp.... 

QR codes are hit and miss...  

The QR code on 1) brings up all the data, including Thai ID but not the passport number.

The QR code on 2) brings up all the data, with the passport number, but no Thai ID. 

The 1) Thailand National Vaccine Certificate of Covid-19 Vaccination also has two further QR codes for each individual vaccine taken. 

Vaccine Certificate .1jpg.jpg

Intl Vaccine Cert.jpg

In addition to the above comment... 

When applying for the Thailand Pass - the QR Code from the 1) International certificate was not recognised by the Thailand Pass site - I thus used the 2) Thailand Vaccine certificate and extracted the QR codes from that to add to the Thailand Pass (vaccines 1 and 2 input)

(Note: When scanning the QR code from 1) Int’l vaccine cert - all the data is viewable) 

In the early days of Test & Go version 1, none of the applications I submitted had a vaccine record that included a passport number. The CDC vaccination cards from the US of A only include name and birthdate. All of those applications were approved.

10 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

I haven’t noticed any issue (this time, or on previous occasions)

The addition (editing in) of numerical Passport data on the Vaccine Certificate in the ‘blank area’ where Passport data is supposed to go does not generate any mismatch at all.

The OP has a certificate from Hong Kong not Thailand.

Both of my Thai vaccination certificates done by the MOPH have my passport number on them and QR code shows the same info. I got the international one issued online.

I had a similar dilemma as we are Spanish residents and our Vaccination certificates have residents numbers.  We used our UK passport numbers for everything in Thai Pass and everything was fine, in fact I received my Pass in 4 minutes!  Must have caught them at a good moment!  I did buy their recommended Axa Thai insurance though which I think makes it easier, good luck!

15 hours ago, HKexpat said:

Am planning to apply for the Thailand pass and m aware I need to have the required insurance etc.  However as I am a Hong Kong permanent resident my vaccination record has my Hong Kong ID number on it and as I am also a UK national I was planning to use my UK passport details for entering visa exempt, flight and hotel booking.  Should I therefore just use my Hong Kong ID number for filling out the thai pass info even though I want to enter visa exempt?   Wondering if this might cause my thai pass application to get rejected if I use my UK passport info.  Thank you. 

I see that you are planning on arriving visa exempt so I assume that a friend from the US can arrive visa exempt.  In the past, before I retired and moved to Thailand, I entered using visa exempt when I needed to visit suppliers and attend meetings.  I never had any issues.  Is this still the case?  My friend needs to get to Bangkok in early March for some meetings.

4 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

The OP has a certificate from Hong Kong not Thailand.

Both of my Thai vaccination certificates done by the MOPH have my passport number on them and QR code shows the same info. I got the international one issued online.

Yes, but you wrote that editing in a passport number may generate a mismatch with the details shown from the data read out after scanning the QR code. It won’t...  the only difference is the digital readout still wont show the passport number, that’s all. It will still show all the other relevant data.  

To be clear, I don’t mean deleting any data such as his HK ID number and replacing it with a passport number (just in case that’s what you thought).

This solution (to edit in your passport number) is nothing more than preventing an overzealous Member of airline check-in staff from making smoke because your passport number is not on your Vaccine Certificate. 

I did exactly the same with my *Vaccine Certificate from the Middle East where my residency ID was used, I just edited in / added my Passport number after that. 

I’ve had some airline check-in staff who’ve been quite relaxed, meanwhile I’ve had others who nearly prevented my travel because they didn't like the look of my Insurance Letter / Certificate (even though I’d used the same document before). 

*In case it seems strange to someone that I am quoting Middle East Vaccines - I have had 4 vaccines... 2 in Thailand and 2 in the Middle East.

1) Astra - June

2) Pfizer - July

3) Pfizer - July

4) Moderna - Dec

15 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

However, consensus seems to be that it's for the duration of your ‘permission of stay’...

Not in my book.

So if entering with a valid non O-A (for example) ....I would buy a 12 month policy as I would be stamped in for 12 months.

Nup.

3 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

However, consensus seems to be that it's for the duration of your ‘permission of stay’...

Not in my book.

So if entering with a valid non O-A (for example) ....I would buy a 12 month policy as I would be stamped in for 12 months.

Nup.

Re-quote below...  so that the single paragraph you quoted is placed back into context...

There's nothing official (that I know of) on that... 

However, consensus seems to be that it's for the duration of your ‘permission of stay’....  

That said, lots of people have been reporting that they were approved with 30 days cover....   

I Purchase insurance yearly - thus, when re-entering Thailand with only 2 months left on my insurance but a permission of stay (extension of stay) for another 8 months nothing was flagged. 

The reality is: When you apply for your Thailand Pass you do not submit any Visa Information, thus... in the relevant section on the Thailand Pass application you can just put down your ‘intended duration of stay’ as 30 days and enter with a 30 day insurance. 

11 minutes ago, HKexpat said:

Am not familiar with Visa requirements from the US so am unable to answer your question. 

Since you will be entering visa exempt using your UK passport I assume that a US can also do the same since we were able to do so in the past.  I am hoping somebody knows if my friend can conduct business in Thailand for about 1 week if he enters visa exempt.  In the past we did this several times per year without any issues.  If I don’t get an answer here I may start another thread.

2 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

Re-quote below...  so that the single paragraph you quoted is placed back into context...

So let's include the 'that you know of'.

You are  not aware of because there is none.

As for "consensus" ? Who came up with that.