Stickman Returns

Bangkok Barry

On 2/3/2022 at 5:33 AM, Isaanlife said:

How is he going to do this from New Zealand?

he knows people that live in bangkok, they send reports.  i thought his reports from NZ weren't that far off, i live in bkk and frequent the night life areas.  some of his reporting is biased, as he gets info directly from that bar owner or someone who loves a certain bar.  but that was kind of the case when he was in bkk.  i remember he constantly talked about how great tilac bar was/is.  i've been here almost 15 yrs and i'd say tilac died off around 2010 or so.  but different people have different opinions on all that.  his column will obviously be more helpful to travelers, which has generally been the case in the past.  but i will admit i picked up a few things from his columns at times, even though i was/am living here in bkk and he was/is in NZ.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, amexpat said:

The horror!  You were expecting a drink that wasn't for you and that she didn't want but you were only going to get the companionship of a young woman. Did you think you would become more attractive if she drank some alcohol? 

Good try. But she asked for a tequila, I didn't offer it. So saying she didn't want what she asked for is nonsense. I'm guessing from you wanting to dig and dig yourself into a hole on this that you're American. I've seen Americans do this over and over again on this site. It must be a cultural thing, which is best that I ignore.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, starky said:

Agreed and those that lived through it know its a dinosaur that won't return. Anyone that's come here in the last year 10 years is chasing something that hasn't existed for a veeeeeeery long time. It will be im sure a decent experience for them but anyone that was here from the mid 90s or earlier knows the truth.

For mine Pattaya was gone by '07 it had just become a cash cow. The gogo model basically destroyed the bars with the coyotes and dancers and superstars and all the other tiers they tried to create. 

living in the past is no good though, just leads to misery as we can often see on this forum

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 2/3/2022 at 11:06 PM, shdmn said:

If I ran into Stick I would gladly tell him to his face what an idiot he was is trying to claim all Pattaya bargirls have HIV.

He never said that, liars about him did. Stick was the most decent person I ever met in Thailand, most foreigners are people who need to be avoided, but not him.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Bangkok Barry said:

I'm guessing from you wanting to dig and dig yourself into a hole on this that you're American.

What gave him away that he was American Barry..............................:omfg:

1 hour ago, amexpat said: ..............

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Bangkok Barry said:

Good try. But she asked for a tequila, I didn't offer it. So saying she didn't want what she asked for is nonsense. I'm guessing from you wanting to dig and dig yourself into a hole on this that you're American. I've seen Americans do this over and over again on this site. It must be a cultural thing, which is best that I ignore.

Im surprised you do not realize it is a game! I never cared if a girl did drink water, sprite or whatever they drinked after I pay lady drinks for them. It is all a game and an illusion, christ sake Im getting provoked by people liked that. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, Hummin said:

Im surprised you do not realize it is a game! I never cared if a girl did drink water, sprite or whatever they drinked after I pay lady drinks for them. It is all a game and an illusion, christ sake Im getting provoked by people liked that. 

Asking for a tequila and then bringing a tiny glass of Sprite is not a game, it's a scam operated by the girl and the bartender. Maybe done with the manager or mamasan's approval. If they want and ask for water or Sprite then it comes in a proper glass, not a shot glass. Imagine how much money they can make from one can of sprite at 150 baht a shot glass. 1500, 2000, from a 10 baht can? And here we are, a foreigner who says it's all a game so that's okay. I repeat, it's a scam.

Edited by Bangkok Barry
  • Like 1

Just now, Bangkok Barry said:

Asking for a tequila and then bringing a tiny glass of Sprite is not a game, it's a scam operated by the girl and the bartender. Maybe done with the manager or mamasan's approval. If they want and ask for water or Sprite then it comes in a proper glass, not a shot glass. Imagine how much money they can make from one can of sprite at 150 baht a shot glass. 1500, 2000, for a 10 baht can? And here we are, a foreigner who says it's all a game and don't worry. You're a dream customer for them.

Or the girl do her making, and do not want to get drunk! Most of the more high end professional girls I know did not drink while working!

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Bangkok Barry said:

Asking for a tequila and then bringing a tiny glass of Sprite is not a game, it's a scam operated by the girl and the bartender. Maybe done with the manager or mamasan's approval. If they want and ask for water or Sprite then it comes in a proper glass, not a shot glass. Imagine how much money they can make from one can of sprite at 150 baht a shot glass. 1500, 2000, for a 10 baht can? And here we are, a foreigner who says it's all a game and don't worry. You're a dream customer for them.

A drink served in a shot glass can be drunk in one go!  A far better business model than having girls spend 'hours' sipping a drink in a proper glass.  Call it a scam if you like, but the bars have to make money.  Maybe it would be easier if it was like in Thai gogos where you pay the girl for her time and she just drinks your whiskey.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Hummin said:
16 minutes ago, Bangkok Barry said:

Expand  

Or the girl do her making, and do not want to get drunk! Most of the more high end professional girls I know did not drink while working!

Maybe you haven't read all that I've written here, or simply ignored it as it doesn't fit what you want to write in support of the scam. I'll repeat - the girl asked for a tequila and returned with a shot glass of Sprite, pretending it was tequila. Now, if you didn't get what you paid for in a bar back home what would you do? Say oh, that's okay, it's just a game? I don't think so. She tried to scam me by charging 150 for a drink that was not what she pretended it was. If she was honest and didn't want alcohol she could have said so. But she didn't. She was a scammer, probably laughing behind my back until I saw what she was doing.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 2

30 minutes ago, brewsterbudgen said:

A drink served in a shot glass can be drunk in one go!  A far better business model than having girls spend 'hours' sipping a drink in a proper glass.  Call it a scam if you like, but the bars have to make money.  Maybe it would be easier if it was like in Thai gogos where you pay the girl for her time and she just drinks your whiskey.

As well a better business model, Also better health for the girls! But someone never manage to understand simple things. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Hummin said:

I myst say I respect them and what they do Alot more than a man who get annoyed by a girl choose to drink Sprite rather than tequila. Lady drinks is part of her pay, and no matter if she choose alcohol or water, she get the same percentage of her money.

You still don't get it. If she wanted Sprite she should have asked for it. But she didn't. She pretended she wanted and was drinking a tequila. If you think that lying and scamming is acceptable then you've clearly been in Thailand too long. Maybe that's why you're in Thailand. 

• Confused 1

12 minutes ago, Bangkok Barry said:

You still don't get it. If she wanted Sprite she should have asked for it. But she didn't. She pretended she wanted and was drinking a tequila. If you think that lying and scamming is acceptable then you've clearly been in Thailand too long. Maybe that's why you're in Thailand. 

Please, get over it, it seems you read to much Stickman, and are stuck in that scamming world of yours. Girls just try to make a living, and would you give her the same pay for a glass of water or sprite if she told you so? 

If she say no to barfine after buying here drinks, is that a scam to? If she says no to sex after bar fine, is that a scam to?

1 hour ago, Bangkok Barry said:

Asking for a tequila and then bringing a tiny glass of Sprite is not a game, it's a scam operated by the girl and the bartender. Maybe done with the manager or mamasan's approval. If they want and ask for water or Sprite then it comes in a proper glass, not a shot glass. Imagine how much money they can make from one can of sprite at 150 baht a shot glass. 1500, 2000, from a 10 baht can? And here we are, a foreigner who says it's all a game so that's okay. I repeat, it's a scam.

So if this operative  had  come with a glass of the best  tequila (water) what would  your action have been?

13 minutes ago, Nojohndoe said:
2 hours ago, Bangkok Barry said:

Expand  

So if this operative  had  come with a glass of the best  tequila (water) what would  your action have been?

I wouldn't have known, would I, and she and the barkeeper would have got away with the scam. I'm sure that many have been scammed over time in many bars. As they are with watered-down drinks of all kinds. This girl was just too stupid to not know that Sprite has bubbles and tequila doesn't. She must have been new. (if I've understood your post correctly).

Edited by Bangkok Barry

5 hours ago, BritManToo said:

I always assume they're drinking coloured water.

I'm just paying for their time.

As for Stickman, found him very dull, but some of the readers letters were amazing.

This one from 'Anon' was amazing ......... The Rosetta Stone of Women's Behaviour.

https://www.stickmanbangkok.com/readers-submissions/2009/11/the-rosetta-stone-of-womens-behavior/

'Men love women, but I truly believe that women are incapable of what we men call love. “Greater love hath no man than that he lay down his life for his friends.” How many women are willing to die for their husbands, friends, country, or comrades in arms? Damn few, if any.'

And this one ....... Thai Smile Expiration Date.

https://www.stickmanbangkok.com/readers-submissions/2018/09/lesson-2-thai-smile-expiration-date/

'The famous Thai smile has an expiration date of about 18 months. Sometimes a little longer, often less, but it always expires. And like fresh milk, eventually it turns sour.'

That  could be true when the original "date of manufacture" originates in a Bar as location of manufacture.

When such as you state in categorical terms some ultimate outcome based purely on your unsurprising personal outcomes in general it is less than amusing to note your other descriptions of  current situation.

• Sad 1

4 minutes ago, Bangkok Barry said:

I wouldn't have known, would I, and she and the barkeeper would have got away with the scam. I'm sure that many have been scammed over time in many bars. As they are with watered-down drinks of all kinds. This girl was just too stupid to not know that Sprite has bubbles and tequila doesn't. She must have been new. (if I've understood your post correctly).

New or experienced the "scam" is it a scam from the alternative point of  view?  Try think "Test the  market" ! Tequila or tap water ? The punter pays. Not same as  watered  spirits provided to punter  is it? Long experienced in saying "no" to requests for  alcoholic drinks  by  Bar "attendants". Offer alternative of  water and  no surprise how quick is accepted. Not free  but  not excessive. The ensues the  conversation of how the night will progress. Usually  to mutual agrrement.

5 minutes ago, Real Name Hidden said:

The girls are compensated for their time, why does it matter to the customer what they drink?  Better for their health not to drink alcohol if they’re in the bar every night.  

The reality !  Customer  versus  business employee in most situations.

33 minutes ago, Nojohndoe said:

That  could be true when the original "date of manufacture" originates in a Bar as location of manufacture.

When such as you state in categorical terms some ultimate outcome based purely on your unsurprising personal outcomes in general it is less than amusing to note your other descriptions of  current situation.

Your post doesn't seem to have any connection with my post.

All I stated was 'I expect them to be drinking coloured water'

Sadly some readers comprehension skills make their posts not worth my reading.

So on ignore for you.

Edited by BritManToo
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, BritManToo said:

Sadly some readers comprehension skills make their post not worth my reading.

So on ignore for you.

Just one more  who  assumes that  by being "farang"  implies a superior  comprehension of  how all things go down.

15 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

Sadly some readers comprehension skills make their posts not worth my reading.

So on ignore for you.

Time for a block on him, methinks. And done.

Edited by Bangkok Barry
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1