Are we just going to have to live with unvaccinated people across Thailand?

webfact

5 hours ago, khunjeff said:

This falls into the category of "I do my own research" - i.e., I watch quacks on YouTube, and then endanger my own health and that of people around me based on my own poor understanding of a subject I know nothing about.

Possibly, but while not agreeing with them I see their point. 

5 hours ago, jvs said:

Again,just for you.

If un vaccinated people become infected the chances they are getting severely ill and need to be treated in a hospital are much greater then vaccinated people.

Are you with me so far?

Too many severe cases can clog up the medical system,this can effect al of us.

They had field hospitals where all the Covid patients went going to go to .

Remember the huge field hospitals they built awaiting the thousands of expected Covid patients............................which all closed down soon after ?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, pedro01 said:

A booster a year is what the CEO of Pfizer was advocating.

I had 2 AZ, number 2 was December. I have COVID right now.

The Thai govt sent this care package which is nice.20220202_152650.thumb.jpg.e55c212abcdd6153a341a4e1dc3a3583.jpg

Im not having another vaccine/booster. Its not working, just like the lockdowns.

Theraputics are what we need now.

Are you in state quarantine or in private accommodation ?

1 minute ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

They had field hospitals where all the Covid patients went going to go to .

Remember the huge field hospitals they built awaiting the thousands of expected Covid patients............................which all closed down soon after ?

Yes i remember,it is a good thing they were not neccesary,do you remember the pictures of people

lying in the parking lot of hospitals waiting for some one to die so they could get a bed?

11 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

That just doesnt make sense .

If people were lying in hospital car parks waiting for a bed because of Covid patients in hospital beds, why didn't they move the Covid patients to field hospitals ? 

It does make sense if you look at the explanation,non-severe cases were placed in field hospitals.

Cases that needed oxygen needed to be in an ICU unit,in a hospital.

I was talking about pictures taken in Bangkok of actual Covid Patients last year.

Easy to find on the internet.

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, jvs said:

It does make sense if you look at the explanation,non-severe cases were placed in field hospitals.

Cases that needed oxygen needed to be in an ICU unit,in a hospital.

I was talking about pictures taken in Bangkok of actual Covid Patients last year.

Easy to find on the internet.

I recall a news report from Chiang Mai last year , headline being "CM hospitals  full because of Covid patients "

Reading the report you would think that every hospital in CM was full of covid patients , the reality was that only two of CM's hospitals were accepting Covid ICU patients and the number was in the tens/dozens .

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, pedro01 said:

Agreed.

Vaccinated or not, you can still catch/spread it.

Too many busybodies with nothing better to do.

Agreed.

Vaccinated or not,you can still catch/spread it.You are totally right 100%

However chances of getting it and spreading it are much smaller and chances of getting severely

ill are very much smaller.

I hope you will recover soon and don't suffer any long lasting effects.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, SiSePuede419 said:

"If a traveler staying at their hotel tests positive, the guest has no choice but to be hospitalized at that specific hospital for 7-10 days at their own cost – usually around 10.000"

Since when?

I thought you could stay in the hotel? My AQH hotel had a lower rate for an extended stay.

Stay until you test negative, then go.

Lot cheaper than a private hospital.

You have been tested Positive for the Virus.............They don't want you infecting everyone else in the hotel, plain and simple.................I don't necessarily agree with it, but it;s their country, their rules (Okay, here come's the opposition, grab your popcorn)

According to a study published in The Lancet, one of the most respected scientific journals in the world, vaccines are only around 13% more protective against infection/transmission:

The SARs in household contacts exposed to the delta variant was 25% in vaccinated and 38% in unvaccinated contacts. These results underpin the key message that vaccinated contacts are better protected than the unvaccinated.

What is the vaccine effect on reducing transmission in the context of the SARS-CoV-2 delta variant? - The Lancet Infectious Diseases

So whether you are anti or pro-vaccine, this whole charade/witch hunt is entirely based on emotion, rather than rational thought and scientific fact.

lancet_vaxed_unvaxed.png

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, ThLT said:

According to a study published in The Lancet, one of the most respected scientific journals in the world, vaccines are only around 13% more protective against infection/transmission:

What is the vaccine effect on reducing transmission in the context of the SARS-CoV-2 delta variant? - The Lancet Infectious Diseases

So whether you are anti or pro-vaccine, this whole charade/witch hunt is entirely based on emotion, rather than rational thought and scientific fact.

lancet_vaxed_unvaxed.png

Actually this small study shows the unvaccinated to be one and a half times more likely to contract Covid than the vaccinated.  There is also the benefit of the breakthrough infections being mild.

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 2

5 hours ago, BritManToo said:

The Omicron variant isn't as dangerous as earlier variants, but it is still far more dangerous than a common cold, especially to the unvaccinated.  That is why Covid death rates are going up and many hospitals around the world are being overwhelmed again.

• Confused 1

Just now, The Hammer2021 said:

Well everyone has a different home country so I dont understand your point. The alternative is quarantine I believe.

I am from the U.K and from next week , us unvaccinated people do not have to quarantine anywhere , just need a pre test and a test after two days upon arrival.

I will be going back to the U.K next week 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, heybruce said:

Actually this small study shows the unvaccinated to be one and a half times more likely to contract Covid than the vaccinated. 

The study is right there. Why not support your claim with a quote? ???? Is what you said even in the study? ????

• Like 1