PR_CONNECT_RESET_ERROR - can anyone explain please?

WorriedNoodle

Using Firefox latest and TOT Fibre we now get the message below trying to connect to a web site since about 2 weeks ago. If we use VPN the error does not occur.

So what is actually causing the error? Is TOT blocking the DM again?

Secure Connection Failed

An error occurred during a connection to www.dailymail.co.uk. PR_CONNECT_RESET_ERROR

The page you are trying to view cannot be shown because the authenticity of the received data could not be verified.
    Please contact the website owners to inform them of this problem.

I think this has come up here recently? And is a widely known issue with FF.

https://www.google.com/search?q=firefox+PR_CONNECT_RESET_ERROR&oq=firefox+PR_CONNECT_RESET_ERROR&aqs=chrome..69i57.4721j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

I can get to https://www.dailymail.co.uk/home/index.html

Current headline says Camilla will be Queen.

using FF, AIS Fibre, no VPN, BitDefender ON.

Edited by mtls2005

I'm using Win11 and if I turn off the built in Win11 AV that I use temporarily the error still occurs.

I cleared cache/cookies for this site also. If I try opening the site with other browsers Edge, Chrome or Brave browsers they all simply say Site Cannot Be Reached - a variation on the FIrefox error message perhaps?

I also tried the site on other devices all connected to TOT line. An Android mobile system and the site opens whereas on a Linux system using Firefox I get the same error.

I only get the error on the DM web site, no other sites so far! Just wondering what's going on technically rather than the merits of reading that news source.

29 minutes ago, HappyExpat57 said:

Google is your friend:

Yes tried all those suggestions thanks. It's not just related to Firefox it seems. My Edge browser (captured below)  has the site blocked with following errors. These errors go away when I turn on VPN.

1423373924_Screenshot2022-02-06172035.jpg.31560c723dffb2a1a20110d2b985e49e.jpg182680703_Screenshot2022-02-06172111.jpg.b30c5d6635953c57fb71cb0df93ee559.jpg

Edited by WorriedNoodle

On 2/6/2022 at 5:25 PM, WorriedNoodle said:

Yes tried all those suggestions thanks. It's not just related to Firefox it seems. My Edge browser (captured below)  has the site blocked with following errors. These errors go away when I turn on VPN.

1423373924_Screenshot2022-02-06172035.jpg.31560c723dffb2a1a20110d2b985e49e.jpg182680703_Screenshot2022-02-06172111.jpg.b30c5d6635953c57fb71cb0df93ee559.jpg

I get the same thing on the PC with FF or Chrome, and also on the browser on my phone. It doesn't happen every day, but is like it right now, and the Daily Mail app on the phone also refuses to update (though no error message). From the little info provided so far here, my guess is that the incompetents at TOT are fiddling with things again, as that's what I'm using and it seems to be the only common link. I've been meaning to get rid of them and change to True or 3bb one of these days, maybe this will give me the final push.

• Like 1

On 2/8/2022 at 10:07 AM, Guderian said:

my guess is that the incompetents at TOT are fiddling with things again

This is my take also. Today the error has now stopped.

Also previously if I tried to access site using http instead of https I was re-directed to the Thai Government blocking site whereas today the http re-directs to https and the site is accessible.

On 2/9/2022 at 2:52 PM, WorriedNoodle said:

This is my take also. Today the error has now stopped.

Yes, that was my experience yesterday but today it's blocked again. To compound their stupidity, for the second month in a row TOT have failed to send me a bill. Perhaps they realise that their service isn't worth paying for and so have stopped asking, lol?

1 hour ago, Guderian said:

Yes, that was my experience yesterday but today it's blocked again. To compound their stupidity, for the second month in a row TOT have failed to send me a bill. Perhaps they realise that their service isn't worth paying for and so have stopped asking, lol?

One can register online and see the monthly billing info and have it sent to an email inbox, also one could know roughly when the the payment is due every month and make the payment.

5 hours ago, userabcd said:

One can register online and see the monthly billing info and have it sent to an email inbox, also one could know roughly when the the payment is due every month and make the payment.

I've tried the online site to pay the bill several times over the last year or two and it simply refuses to work for me. I usually pay at a 7-eleven or Family Mart, but without a bill showing the correct bar code for that month I can't do it. I mean, sending out bills is something so basic for a commercial organisation that it shouldn't even need to be discussed, but sadly TOT has never been a real commercial company, and now that it's become a part of the CAT empire it's just another tentacle of the unresponsive state.

1 hour ago, Guderian said:

I've tried the online site to pay the bill several times over the last year or two and it simply refuses to work for me. I usually pay at a 7-eleven or Family Mart, but without a bill showing the correct bar code for that month I can't do it. I mean, sending out bills is something so basic for a commercial organisation that it shouldn't even need to be discussed, but sadly TOT has never been a real commercial company, and now that it's become a part of the CAT empire it's just another tentacle of the unresponsive state.

We had a similar problem one time during covid , the bill did not arrive.

We made a tel call to TOT and gave them them our service number and they gave us a code number to use so we could pay at 7-eleven.

Edited by userabcd

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/6/2022 at 9:24 AM, WorriedNoodle said:

Secure Connection Failed

An error occurred during a connection to www.dailymail.co.uk. PR_CONNECT_RESET_ERROR

The page you are trying to view cannot be shown because the authenticity of the received data could not be verified.

This is not a Daily Mail nor a TOT issue.

I use a private internet provider and I have no wish to read the DM.

I receive this message every day when trying to read ASEAN NOW.

This is the only website where I receive this message.

Not usually all day though. It comes and goes. It is a right pain in the planet Uranus.

I haven't been able to read the Mail at all in Firefox this week until today, Sunday, when it's fine. Is that a sign that the TOT technicians messing around with the internet settings are having a day off and so it all works, while from Monday to Saturday they're experimenting with the Great Som Tam Firewall of Thailand and it's messed up?

BTW, you can bypass this nonsense easily enough, just use the Opera browser with its built-in free VPN.