Booster Jab @Chiang Mai

SteveWilts

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/7/2022 at 10:28 AM, SteveWilts said:

Chiang Mai Public Health just reckoned Robinson Dept Store 

do you know the hours--i have been told two different things--from 8 am until 1 pm  and then was told no, from 8 am until only 10 am

On 2/7/2022 at 9:44 AM, JingerBen said:

Check out the Airport Plaza vaxx centre run very efficiently by Nakhon Ping Hospital.

For my first shot a few weeks ago I arrived a little before 8 AM and was out before 10 AM.

It is located off the second level of the parking garage.

The fact that it didn't cost me anything was the icing on the cake.

do you know the hours--i have been told two different things--from 8 am until 1 pm  and then was told no, from 8 am until only 10 am

6 minutes ago, SammyJ said:

8 am it is.

I'm not sure when it closes. Sometime in the afternoon I think.

Last week I went for my second shot and the experience was even easier than the first time.

Not that many people to contend with and the whole operation seems well-run.

6 hours ago, SammyJ said:

How to you get int the Mall at 0800? I was there Monday and it looked like things were starting at 1100.  I need to wait one more month for my booster because I have 2x Pfizer and the young ladies at the desk were very polite and considerate and asked me to come back next month.  

1 hour ago, sqwakvfr said:

How to you get int the Mall at 0800? I was there Monday and it looked like things were starting at 1100.  I need to wait one more month for my booster because I have 2x Pfizer and the young ladies at the desk were very polite and considerate and asked me to come back next month.  

Parking garage level 2. Go to the NW corner where all of the chairs are.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

We went to Airport Plaza today at 10:05. We each walked immediately to a computer station, had our paperwork checked and new QR Codes printed and added to our vaccine records, all in about 4 minutes. We had to wait about 5 minutes for people ahead of us getting jabbed, then it was our turn. 3rd Booster of Pfizer (free) for both of us, but Moderna was on offer for 3,000 Baht if wanted. We then waited the required 30 minutes, and left by 10:45

Perhaps now we will live forever...

We were told by 'Chiang Mai Mother and Child Hospital' that they will be giving booster shots to walk-ins on Tuesday morning.  We went there for shots yesterday but they were only giving them to school kids, and suggested we go to Airport Plaza, which we did.

3 hours ago, bamboozled said:

Is this happening everyday at Airport Plaza? I'm about due for my 3rd boost.

35 minutes ago, RxDan said:

You can go to airport plaza as I just went and there is no waiting. Very fast for walk-ins

As far as I know, yes. We went in the back entrance, up to the second floor, and you should see 4-5 computer screens with people behind them. Just hand them your passport and vaccination record, they fill out the form for you, hand you back the forms and a QR Code sticker. Then, sit and wait your turn... shouldn't be more than 5 minutes, get your jab, wait another 30 minutes, and hand the form to the guy at the desk in front. Finished... until the next booster. ????

13 hours ago, DezLez said:

Is there a site for CM showing where and when to go to get the booster?

You can get your booster shot at airport plaza but I actually went to Nakornping Hospital myself just a few days ago.

You can walk-in any time, any weekday at Nakornping.

You can choose any type of vaccine like Astra, Pfizer and even Sinovac at Nakornping Hospital but the hospital is huge so it takes some time to find the right room.

Edited by EricTh
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, EricTh said:

You can get your booster shot at airport plaza but I actually went to Nakornping Hospital myself just a few days ago.

You can walk-in any time, any weekday at Nakornping.

You can choose any type of vaccine like Astra, Pfizer and even Sinovac at Nakornping Hospital but the hospital is huge so it takes some time to find the right room.

Thanks for the above but the hospital appears to be in Mai Rim.  Is there anywhere in CM city area doing them?

1 hour ago, DezLez said:

Thanks for the above but the hospital appears to be in Mai Rim.  Is there anywhere in CM city area doing them?

Did you read the previous posts?  You can get walk-in shots at Mothers and Child Hospital Tuesday (March 22)  morning. You can get them at Airport Plaza every morning.

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, DezLez said:

The last time I checked, the only two places in Chiang Mai that does daily walk-in vaccinations are Nakornping hospital and Airport Plaza.

The other hospitals do it only on certain special days.

So your best bet is to go to Airport Plaza if you want it in the city center.

Edited by EricTh
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, chaila said:

Is there any other way than taking the stairs .I am old and sic COPD stage 3. Halfway the stairs i had a lung attack en went back home.

Thanks for the help

I suggest you go to Nakornping Hospital instead as you don't need to climb up any stairs or lifts like the shopping malls.

Ask for a wheelchair at the emergency counter and either pay some hospital staff to push you there or bring your friend along to push the wheelchair.

The hospital vaccination rooms are on the ground floor but the hospital is huge.

Edited by EricTh

6 minutes ago, EricTh said:

I suggest you go to the hospital instead as you don't need to climb up any stairs or lifts like the shopping malls.

Ask for a wheelchair at the emergency counter and either pay some hospital staff to push you there or bring your friend along to push the wheelchair.

The hospital vaccination rooms are on the ground floor but the hospital is huge.

Thanks Eric !!!

Went this morning to Airport Plaza for the Pfizer booster.  I got the first two injections in Los Angeles and it has been more than 6 months since my second injection.  Overall the process went smoothly.  I read some Thai and understand a little more.  But a few foreigners disrupted the flow of events by cutting in line and asking where do I go?  Even if you do no read Thai the process was clear if you just stand back watch people go through the steps.  

The process went like this:

1. Go to the desk in the hallway with your passport, vax documentation and request what you want(1st does, 2nd dose or a booster)

2. The worker at this desk will look over your passport and paperwork and give you a form to complete

3.  Wait at the chairs until an employee at the computer station is free to assist you.

4.  You will then be registered or your past registration will be confirmed.

5.  You are then given a printout with QR code which states which vaccine you will receive(Pfizer, Moderna or Astra Zeneca)

6.  Wait at the chairs designated for the specific type of vaccine you will receive. 

7.   You will be called to get injected

8.  After being injected you must wait and be observed for 30 minutes.  Your checkout time will be noted by the young lady at the desk.  

The entire process took 60 minutes but this included the mandatory 30 minute observation.  It would have been less time except for the disruption in the process caused  by some foreigners.  I truly appreciate the fact that I was able to get a booster shot at no expense and was able to do it on a walk-in basis.   Chigng Mai Health operates this process smoothly.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, EricTh said:

I suggest you go to Nakornping Hospital instead as you don't need to climb up any stairs or lifts like the shopping malls.

You can go to Airport Plaza when it opens and take the elevator.  

3 hours ago, chaila said:

Is there any other way than taking the stairs .I am old and sic COPD stage 3. Halfway the stairs i had a lung attack en went back home.

Thanks for the help

I think you may be able to drive up to the Airport Plaza second level, I would guess others can confirm or otherwise. Alternatively after 11a.m there are lifts and escalators available.

4 hours ago, FolkGuitar said:

Did you read the previous posts?  You can get walk-in shots at Mothers and Child Hospital Tuesday (March 22)  morning. You can get them at Airport Plaza every morning.

Yes and there was/is no possative info regarding this week etc. 

I am asking about current info.

Where is the "mother and child info?

Edited by DezLez