Miss Thailand: Pretty in pink bikini babes beg the question - Are Thai women really the most beautiful in the world?

webfact

8 minutes ago, gejohesch said:

May I be allowed to slightly disagree about Colombia? I wonder if all those comments about how beautiful Colombian women come from people who have only visited the most touristic places (Cartagena to start with), where goodlooking women will concentrate because of a given market? I have traveled 5 weeks from north to south in Colombia and have only seen maximum 2 or 3 real good lookers ... and mainly plain looking, poorly shaped or fat (or all 3) women. 

5555....good point.  I think it's the same for Latin American women in general.  Some of these guys that talk up Latin women have only seen them in beauty pageants but have never been on the ground.  The hotties are few and far between....just like American women.  The vast majority are, shall we say....not skinny.  

19 hours ago, aussienam said:

I prefer that natural look. 

Agree 

I've said this before but I reckon they destroy themselves by getting nose jobs, breast implants, false nails, wearing all that horrible makeup etc. most Thai women are perfect naturally.

In Pattaya the girls are beautiful but they go to the many salons here and get nails, makeup all the stuff that turns me off, most are so naturally beautiful. 

Over the years I've befriended a few Thai girls, as soon as they get the enhancements I'm no longer interested, I prefer them naturally. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Berkshire said:

5555....good point.  I think it's the same for Latin American women in general.  Some of these guys that talk up Latin women have only seen them in beauty pageants but have never been on the ground.  The hotties are few and far between....just like American women.  The vast majority are, shall we say....not skinny.  

These 2 are the nicest ones I have seen in 5 weeks going up and down Colombia. A young woman waiting in the bus station of Manizales, very pretty to me and also IMO an typical Latina. Second one is a teenager waiting for transport to go to school down in the valley - half blood Indian + whatever else can be described as "mainstream Colombian".

The most beautiful Colombian woman I ever saw, that was in Varanasi (India)! The 3 people sitting next table in a riverside café were speaking Spanish, I talked to them on my way out and wow! I was blinded by the beauty of the woman 30 years sthg, truly drop dead gorgeous with everything a Latina should be IMO. Sadly, I have no photo, I did not dare asking (I was with my wife!).

Same story for Brasil actually. In a few trips to Rio, I hardly ever saw any really good looking woman.

Manizales (2).JPG

Silvia (2).JPG

23 hours ago, JonnyF said:

"Miss Thailand" always seems to be models that look European, either because they actually are half Causcasian or because they have plastic surgery to give them a more European nose, eyelids etc.

It's weird. You think they'd be a bit more secure in the way they look especially as many of the more natural looking Thai women are very beautiful. I guess they consider that natural look to be too plain...

Just a thought from your post....... do the beauty pageants (and similar) allow women who have had plastic surgery to participate??

I know that the nose is very often the body part reshaped to give it a more "western look", but what about the puppies? Is it allowed for them to be silicone implants?

If all of the above is okay, then natural Thai beauty isn't being judged here!

2 minutes ago, xylophone said:

Just a thought from your post....... do the beauty pageants (and similar) allow women who have had plastic surgery to participate??

I know that the nose is very often the body part reshaped to give it a more "western look", but what about the puppies? Is it allowed for them to be silicone implants?

If all of the above is okay, then natural Thai beauty isn't being judged here!

Many Thai women also have Chinese genes, giving them lighter skin. I think that to many Thais, lighter skin adds to beauty, whereas to many farang, darker skin is attractive.

23 hours ago, connda said:

These are not "bikinis."  These are called "one-piece bathing suits."
One_P.png.9a164a76111a3ce26ce9cf7ade1f9909.png

These are "bikinis."  :thumbsup:
BJ.thumb.jpeg.a4c3df6d4edd1bb2c9c7fc89583c87dc.jpeg

Once in a real bikini, ethnicity no longer matters.  All women in bikinis are beautiful regardless of ethnicity or country of origin.  :thumbsup:

Ha, you never saw my ex-wife in a Bikini obviously...

1 hour ago, 10baht said:

I was mainly referring to the totally different body style. And I lived there BTW. 

OK. However, is it not difficult to talk of "one body style" for a country like Colombia, with the incredible variety of ethnic origins and mixtures (like in many other Latin American countries)? I find the Thai population more homogeneous, relatively speaking.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Andrew65 said:

Many Thai women also have Chinese genes, giving them lighter skin. I think that to many Thais, lighter skin adds to beauty, whereas to many farang, darker skin is attractive.

Officially, if I'm correct, some 10% Thais are Thai-Chinese. For sure, there must be a lot more who have Chinese genes somewhere, but "many" as you say would not be close to say 30-40% I think. As for the skin colour, I personally (farang man) prefer lighter skins in general (but not pale white like some farangs are).

Edited by gejohesch

19 hours ago, gejohesch said:

Officially, if I'm correct, some 10% Thais are Thai-Chinese. For sure, there must be a lot more who have Chinese genes somewhere, but "many" as you say would not be close to say 30-40% I think. As for the skin colour, I personally (farang man) prefer lighter skins in general (but not pale white like some farangs are).

"Demographics. Thailand has the largest overseas Chinese community in the world outside Greater China. 11 to 14 percent of Thailand's population are considered ethnic Chinese".

3 hours ago, Andrew65 said:

"Demographics. Thailand has the largest overseas Chinese community in the world outside Greater China. 11 to 14 percent of Thailand's population are considered ethnic Chinese".

Thanks. That's rather in line with what I was saying earlier. All these "semi-official" statistics are probably not counting a number of people who have some Chinese ancestry somewhere back in time, but have more or less forgotten about it.

On this subject, I remember reading an interesting article years back about Chinese people in Cambodia, also a sizeable %-age of the population (and not to forget Vietnam!). In Cambodia, many people are considered as "Chinese" if they carry on a Chinese type of cult in their home, even if they cannot remember any definite Chinese ancestor.

The lines are very blurred in most of SEA. Probably the most clearly defined ethnic lines are in Indonesia, Malaysia (and Brunei) because of their dominant Muslim populations, as Muslims tend not to inter-marriage with people of other religions.

With all that, I still doubt very much that the majority of the Thai population would have "Chinese genes".

Btw, I wonder how much genetic heritage there is from pre-Mongolian populations, i.e. belonging to groups affiliated to the Negritos of the Philippines or the isolated tribes of the Indian Andaman islands. People with curly hair and negroid facial characteristics are not that uncommon in Isan.

So I'm gonna step out on a limb here,

But I think most of us are some shade of white male, some of us darker than others. 

For whatever evolutionary reason many white guys seems highly attracted to asian females.

Spend a day in San Francisco and probably 50% of the couples you see will be white guy, asian woman, and thats not a power/money thing which is often the case in Thailand, but just regular folks, same age, attracted to each other.

So beauty as the saying goes, is in the eye of the beholder, why I have no idea, maybe we should call it a fetish, or maybe just Mother Nature mixing up the gene pool

• Like 1

20 hours ago, gejohesch said:

Thanks. That's rather in line with what I was saying earlier. All these "semi-official" statistics are probably not counting a number of people who have some Chinese ancestry somewhere back in time, but have more or less forgotten about it.

On this subject, I remember reading an interesting article years back about Chinese people in Cambodia, also a sizeable %-age of the population (and not to forget Vietnam!). In Cambodia, many people are considered as "Chinese" if they carry on a Chinese type of cult in their home, even if they cannot remember any definite Chinese ancestor.

The lines are very blurred in most of SEA. Probably the most clearly defined ethnic lines are in Indonesia, Malaysia (and Brunei) because of their dominant Muslim populations, as Muslims tend not to inter-marriage with people of other religions.

With all that, I still doubt very much that the majority of the Thai population would have "Chinese genes".

Btw, I wonder how much genetic heritage there is from pre-Mongolian populations, i.e. belonging to groups affiliated to the Negritos of the Philippines or the isolated tribes of the Indian Andaman islands. People with curly hair and negroid facial characteristics are not that uncommon in Isan.

Apparently during the last century the King decreed that everyone should adopt a Thai name (instead of their migrant/Chinese name). This can be seen in names, Charoen is Chinese/Thai, a name that's quite common? (As in Charoen Krung Road?).