Swanky new underpass to open at Grand Palace next week

webfact

There's nothing like a new development that blends in with surrounding historical infrastructure. Instead of the glass they could have used the same walling as the palace.

Edited by Card

Nothing like getting one's priorities right in the midst of a pandemic.

'shall we buy some decent reputable vaccine that will help the Thai people during the pandemic?'

'why do that when we can build a really expensive underpass I Bangkok?'

Typical Thai mentality.

'would you like this box of food that will feed your family for a month or would you like this sparkling top covered in worthless sequins?'

And we all know the answer, don't we?

• Confused 2

3 minutes ago, Richard1950 said:

Actually, I think it makes a lot of sense to invest in infrastructure projects now, when there aren't any/many tourists.  It adds some jobs and helps the economy now and makes things safer for tourists when they do finally come back.

The only thing that doesn't make sense to me is the water issue.  Can't really tell from the photo but it looks like it's at ground level, or perhaps just a single step up from the ground.  That could be a problem even if they have drains and pumps at the bottom of the escalator.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Richard1950 said:

'shall we buy some decent reputable vaccine that will help the Thai people during the pandemic?'

Typical Thai mentality.

'would you like this box of food that will feed your family for a month or would you like this sparkling top covered in worthless sequins?'

You're absolutely correct. How do people dare try living normal life during a pandemic. We should all stop everything and meditate for world peace and no more Corona!!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

about bloomin' time. it's got to be most visited tourist attraction in the country and yet the facilities for visitors, both thai and tourist, are awful or non-existent, con artists excepted.

though why on earth the mrt donesn't go there from hualampong is bizarre, if it's underground it's surely not offending anyone.

and why not trams, as in many other major and minor cities around the world, there used to be trams and the streets are certainly wide enough

Edited by it is what it is

2 hours ago, Richard1950 said:

Typical Thai mentality.

Yes, I mean the BMA responsible for Bangkok has a budget for roads and such things. I mean why would we use it for roads and other things. Maybe all money should be spend for covid and food.

Oh i forgot does not happen in other countries either as it makes no sense as budgets are set aside for these things and development of a city should go on. 

Sounds like a really uninformed opinion of someone who has no clue how things work in the world. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Richard1950 said:

Typical Thai mentality.

so the whole world should come to a stop? ....no progress, nothing until covid is over??

• Thanks 1