Ssssnake ID anyone?

Crossy

12 hours ago, CharlieH said:

Dont usually get much trouble with them until recently. Used to be maybe 3- 4 a year but recently had 2 in  two weeks. REDNECK KEELBACK this specie has proven to be deadly apparently.

We have 2 young kids here, so the snakes were dispatched on sight ! 

Still trying to figure out why the upsurge of such a venomous ceature.

Lucky we have 2 terriers here that cornered the last one and alerted me.

We also have an influx of Snakes the last couple of weeks.

Last week a smallish Cobra (which spat our Dog in the Eye (no side effects fortunately) and hit me on the arm when I grabbed it with our 1,8m long Snake grabber) and yesterday this is what our Dog (Bang Kaew) did with this snake!

The dog was already restless for about 30-45minutes, went to look a couple of times but couldn't find anything but finally saw her with this "fighting"

snake.thumb.JPG.616bddc89128e69a1fd230f646843db8.JPG

Edited by MJCM

• 2 weeks later...

We also had a visitor this morning here in Lamphun. Unfortunately our dogs (as is usually the case) found it before me, so by the time I saw it, it was already dead. About two meters long and quite fat.

IMG_20220223_100011.thumb.jpg.26e85075b5c724c359cde32afd7de6cc.jpg

IMG_20220223_100113.thumb.jpg.4834559fe1b315d253760bc214c654b2.jpg

We have quite a lot of cobras up here, our main snake killer in the pack was spat in the eyes twice in the same week by a spitting cobra. The second time he managed to get to the snake and kill it. He did not enjoy having his eyes rinsed out with the garden hose, but came away from the encounter without any damage to his eyes.

Edited by Sophon