Will Western tourists ever go off visiting Thailand?

webfact

I'm not sure any long haul vacation travel will ever be the same again.

Thing is, many folks have discovered vacation destinations closer to home, less cumbersome in terms of restrictions, and they like it.

My wife is Thai, we own a house in Thailand but for the past two years haven't been back, just because she can't be bothered to deal with the requirements.

The other thing, I think, is that folks have also re-discovered the fact that vacation resorts closer to home, just tend to be better, cleaner, and overall better value

Mexico is a great example. The resorts are 'sanitized' in as much as they aren't really Mexico, you are just in a low cost version of Florida.

Cancun is a great example. Travel up and down the strip, then you cross the little bridge and you are in real Mexico.

Don't get me wrong, I've lived in Thailand a long time, but if I was travelling from North America or Europe, don't think it would be in my top 10 vacation destinations

• Like 2

Guest Isaanlife
12 hours ago, skorp13 said:

Probably the most ignorant thing i've read on here and that's saying something

You must not understand reading comprehension then.

Because it is all facts. How is that for ignorant?

On 2/14/2022 at 4:24 AM, Isaanlife said:

You must not understand reading comprehension then.

Because it is all facts. How is that for ignorant?

Thailand has much more to offer than just cheap booze and cheap sex, that is why your post was ignorant!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, skorp13 said:

Thailand has much more to offer than just cheap booze and cheap sex, that is why your post was ignorant!

Booze is not cheap in Thailand, unless you drink the local rocket juice and not many tourists will drink that. 

I can just about remember our run a shores in Bangkok...... All those green and white tickets.. 

18 hours ago, phutoie2 said:

Booze is not cheap in Thailand, unless you drink the local rocket juice and not many tourists will drink that. 

I can just about remember our run a shores in Bangkok...... All those green and white tickets.. 

Depends on how much you drink i guess. A night out on the grog here will typically run me around $25.00 USD, can't get started for that there

• 1 year later...
On 2/11/2022 at 12:57 PM, meechai said:

Please look to the ruins to your right ????  They have gone already

Folks like myself of course with family & a home in Thailand will be back as soon as sanity is regained regarding entry but not before

Our SIL can look after our Thai home there no problem

But tourists?

That ship has sailed & like a accordion takes time to reinflate

Places like Girona, Malorca, etc. has been completely welcoming with great deals

Oh, I understand the sentiment. The analogy of an accordion taking time to reinflate is quite apt – patience is key.