Top Thai doctor with Public Health Ministry says Covid-19 cases likely to keep rising, could cause Songkran to be canceled for the third year in a row

webfact

8 hours ago, LetsGoJoe said:

A virus enters the human-realm as a fire-breathing Dragon, running it's course inflicting death upon the vulnerable and sickly.

Through mutations, eventually turns into a wise-cracking Gecko bestowing immunity upon the surviving human population in the form of a mild flu before turning endemic and disappearing into retirement.

The PHM continues fighting the "heroic-battle" against the virus - give it up! 

Look deeper into the real Science and let the virus course through the population, with common-sense measures to protect the vulnerable & weak.

By April, Sonkran can be a much welcomed relief from 2yrs of restrictions.

Ever heard of Ebola? 

2 hours ago, nattaya09 said:

Most who have had COVID likely never knew they had it.

Well prior to the news of the global outbreak, in late 2019 and early 2020 maybe as it's not uncommon to get a cold in the winter many people at the time might have passed symptoms off as such, while unknowingly actually dealing with coronavirus but not the last year + when most of us have got used to sticking swabs up our nose on a pretty regular basis and hoping for just one line to appear on the test.

Felt

On 2/10/2022 at 3:27 AM, tomster said:

This known as "seeding". 

Get people used to the idea so that when they announce it, or some form of it, nobody is surprised. 

just a great government way of having control at its fingertips any time it needs 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, zzaa09 said:

Some of us wiser types are still awaiting the collective realization of populations worldwide being hoodwinked - 

It'll come.

Only some of you.? 

How does one get to be a wiser type.? If I make it I might be on your side. Or perhaps not. 

• Like 1

On 2/10/2022 at 10:49 AM, Saanim said:

What's the logic in your statement? If I do not see such cases, what does it say about me and the life I lead? (doesn't it say something about you?)

Could you be so kind and advise where to look? I suppose that you know where to see such empty family tables. Probably you are browsing often in such places,  or living there? Perhaps you support them? 

BTW, I see every day (working) people around me eating but they do not eat at a table.

I am sorry that you seem to have taken offense - but if you go to any small town has its poor areas, and food donations are grabbed up instantly when charities offer them.  I do know where to look.  I am not sure what the "Probably you are browing often in such places, or living there?" comment was meant to showcase.  Were you attempting to ridicule me in some fashion - bizarre.  "Perhaps you support them".  If you mean donating as often as I am able, then yes, I do.  If you really want to go and see the poverty that only a side road turn away - feel free to PM me.  And save your snide comments about what you assume of my character, they are lazy and sad.

On 2/10/2022 at 10:41 AM, Swampy999 said:

Thailand’s daily Covid-19 infections could possibly reach 30,000 cases by the end of February? Methinks that number has, in reality, been surpassed months ago.

Judging by the way numbers spiked in Europe and USA due to Omicron that appears likely... I cannot understand why we have not seen the Thai spike yet... this is also true for the neighbours. 

On 2/12/2022 at 2:33 PM, jacko45k said:

Judging by the way numbers spiked in Europe and USA due to Omicron that appears likely... I cannot understand why we have not seen the Thai spike yet... this is also true for the neighbours. 

I suspect that we have not seen the Thai spike yet because in many cases the symptoms are mild and people are simply hunkering down and treating it like the flue. 

That said ( and this is purely anecdotal) I have to attend my local hospital every two days to have a massive surgical wound dressed. I have been doing so since August, initially daily and since October every two days.

At the entrance is a glass cubicle with an extractor fan system and oxygen. Patients with suspected Covid are put in there to wait, and the fan system runs on for an hour after they are taken into the treatment room. Of late this set up seems to be seeing much more use, I rarely hobble past when it is neither occupied ( often with a mother and a child) nor with the fans still running. The treatment room has a well set up system for separating, treating and moving on Covid patients and they are getting lots of practice. I have got to know a lot of the staff, nurses, AEMT technicians and Nurse Aides ( they practice their English with me) - and they often remark how busy they are. Anecdotal of course, but I reckon that the real numbers are much higher than officially reported.

Going back to the OP, if the government try to cancel Songkran  it will be about as effective as peeing up Niagara falls. People will travel and celebrate, and the only way to stop them will be to completely lock down the country with an enforced curfew.

Edited by herfiehandbag
  • Like 1

40 minutes ago, herfiehandbag said:

Going back to the OP, if the government try to cancel Songkran  it will be about as effective as peeing up Niagara falls. People will travel and celebrate, and the only way to stop them will be to completely lock down the country with an enforced curfew.

My Mrs is planning her trip to the village already!

45 minutes ago, Cherrytreeview said:

I can.

Zero proactive testing and Thai creative accounting.

Surely you don't need to be told that.

I spent three weeks in hospital in July, and have attended daily ( latterly every two days) since then at my local hospital. Amazingly I have never been tested! When I asked about it the nurse just shrugged and said "cannot" - which I took as meaning they were not allowed to. I understand that testing opportunities, like vaccination, are controlled by the Ministry of Public Health, rather than the hospital clinical staff. Certainly makes it easier to manage the statistics!

Edited by herfiehandbag
  • Like 1

On 2/10/2022 at 7:42 PM, Danderman123 said:

Ever heard of Ebola? 

Yes I have.

Ebola or Zika of course remain extremely dangerous. However, even though they belong to the same Realm of virus called Riboviria, Ebola is in a different family called, Filoviridae.     

The Coronavirus is in the family of Coronaviridae. Found to evolve for lower virulence. One theory is that the coronavirus that causes the “common cold” today came from a virus called OC43, which might have been responsible for a 1890 pandemic that killed over a million people. Although that being a "theory" , it is recognized that Coronavirus grows less virulent over time, becoming little more than an annoyance for us.

Even Ebola has a life-cycle, but it's evolution is apparently different.

In essence, Ebola and CoVid-19 (which I referred to) are NOT comparable for the sake of argument.

• Haha 1