Additional System Approved to Welcome Visitors

webfact

The source article also included the good doctor explaining:

"Besides, CCSA approved lower fees for COVID-19 tests that would take effect on March 1, he said.

An antigen test kit that people will buy will be priced at 55 baht, down from 80 baht. An ATK for which the National Health Security Office will pay for service units will be priced at no more than 250 baht, down from 300 baht. The fee for an RT-PCR test by service units will be cut to 900 baht from 1,200 baht."

Sooo ... the health service is paying 5 x more for ATK kits than if they just bought them at 7-11? Someone's got a nice little earner there. "Ah, but these are 'special' ATK test kits etc etc".

• Like 2

11 hours ago, webfact said:

After the Test & Go had been improved and resumed this month, 32,713 travelers already registered for their entry through the scheme, he said.

Adding an additional  Day-5 hotel stay I don't believe is an improvement, just a reason many will not go. My Thai wife and I planned on going at the end of the month, due to this day-5 "improvement" my wife will be going alone, I don't fancy the risk of a lovely 10 day hospital stay.

I've read stacks of messages whereby people have created multiple T&G applications due to issues  - I wonder how many actually entered from the above figure or is submission calculated as registered, maybe skewing the figures. 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, mtls2005 said:

They do love their systems, apps and schemes.

That flow chart looks pretty complex.

I can only see expats and Thais using this.  Anyone looking to go on holiday is going to take one look at that, along with the possibility of being imprisoned for most of their holiday, and choose somewhere else.

Most comparable countries are seriously looking at how they can get tourists coming back, rather than how they can stop them.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, smedly said:

Catching foreign tourists with covid is a big earner which is why they put so much effort into it with multiple tests and also allow them to go out and mingle for 5 days just to make sure they have the best chance to get infected

...And if the falang doesn't get infected in that 5 days of mingling, there's ways around that too!

• Like 1

Well the Muppets did sign up to allow Huawei 5G into the country but such is their lack of intelligence, they don't realise the CCP will know their every move.

The dumbsters just love bureaucracy and getting people to have their every move recorded, accept when it's them and suddenly the app or camera etc seems to have stopped working.

15 hours ago, farangnomore said:

Nobody tracks tourists in China.

It is a long time ago but me and a group of guys had a couple of people waiting to interview us after we took a tour around the rural countryside of China.....hope it is no longer that way.

On 2/12/2022 at 11:46 AM, mtls2005 said:

They do love their systems, apps and schemes.

That flow chart looks pretty complex.

What's next? An obstacle course?

A bit more detail here: https://www.thansettakij.com/economy/513634

iqf3cbc4f769ad89f1b71bf1fb2587fe0f.jpg

All those bureaucrats have to justify their existence somehow. ????

They have been wanting a tourist tracking system for years.
Never let a good crisis go to waste.  They have one now! :thumbsup:  That will never go away.  The only thing that will go away are more and more potential tourists.
I'll let my friends in the US know about the tracking system.  Nobody is coming under the current conditions, but I keep them abreast every time Thailand throws another log on the fire that will become the funeral pyre for Thai international foreign tourism.  ????

On 2/11/2022 at 8:30 PM, Cherrytreeview said:

What about Test-A-Gogo or Test-A-Kathoey?

That's for successful visitor arrivals to do once they have passed: Test-Track-And-Trace, Test-Swab-And-Go and Test-Wait-Hopefully-Not-Go-Hospital.

• Like 2