Thailand-India travel bubble to fortify tourism sector

webfact

bla bla bla. Indian bubble, Malaysia border opening, no quarantine... BUT still mandatory PCR test and hotel booking on day 1 and day 5 with a high chance of being imprisoned in a hospital at your own cost.

You can guess how many tourists all this schemes will attract.... Zero

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, rainham said:

I completely agree,  Vietnam looks to be leading the way in Asia at the moment,

3 days self isolation on arrival, sensible imo not really an earner so that won't be an option everywhere 

I got to disagree with you about Vietnam leading the way. I'm not even sure if you can get a tourist visa for Vietnam at the moment. Still got to do the Pcr test  after 3 days still need 50,000 insurance..Cambodia is defenitly out in front when it comes to ease of travel.

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, Daithi85 said:

I got to disagree with you about Vietnam leading the way. I'm not even sure if you can get a tourist visa for Vietnam at the moment. Still got to do the Pcr test  after 3 days still need 50,000 insurance..Cambodia is defenitly out in front when it comes to ease of travel.

Great stuff. I will have a look at Cambodia .

• Like 1

4 hours ago, rainham said:

I completely agree,  Vietnam looks to be leading the way in Asia at the moment,

3 days self isolation on arrival, sensible imo not really an earner so that won't be an option everywhere 

Vietnam looks fresh and exciting.

Definitely a place to visit.

Great food also!

• Like 1

Just further issues etc.

They should state for all EU etc plus other countries....fully vaccinated and booster......LFT prior to boarding flight, no more hospitalisation in Thailand...end of.

I will book the following day for a month!

9 hours ago, AhFarangJa said:

I can see it now in a restaurant in Pattaya..............One coke and three straws please, oh and one fried rice with three plates and spoons...........Whatever will the restaurants do with the sudden influx of 100 Baht...

People used to say that the plethora of Indian restaurants in Pattaya was due to money laundering, but Covid showed us that those restaurants needed customers to stay open.

Maybe we will see another 1,000 Indian restaurants in Pattaya soon.

12 hours ago, Raphael54 said:

Why would India want a travel bubble with Thailand?

Without transport bubbles (as it is called in India), I don't think India has plans to start commercial airlines for people to enter India for any purpose. Here is a list of bubbles India operate right now. Thailand may be interested in Tourists but India wants people for any purpose ot enter from Thailand, I would guess mostly for business purposes. 

https://www.civilaviation.gov.in/en/about-air-transport-bubbles

Edited by CartagenaWarlock