Thai woman wins World Snooker Championship - now Mink gets crack at the men on the main tour

webfact

8 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

I always wonder why sports like this are divided into women and men.

Additional strength makes no difference with snooker (at least I don't see how).

Why don't they all compete together?

They would distract the men, so have an unfair advantage. 

7 hours ago, Virt said:

Wouldn't be fair would it?

If the women competed in the same tournaments as the men in let's say dart and snooker, the women wouldn't win a lot of trophies/price money.

The sheer number of men competing in these sports would outnumber the women, and to win as much as the men would mean they have to be far superior in these sports.

Which they are not.

It would only lead to a very few women being in top 100, so for the most women it would mean lower price money, compared to what they make now.

For a woman like Mink it could lead to more money, but for most women it would lower their income.

Congrats to Mink ????????????

It's not easy playing snooker and i gave it up a long time ago.

I do enjoy a game of killer though ????

Generally, women have better eye-hand coordination than men.

10 hours ago, robblok said:

I agree, sports where strength makes no difference there should not be any division. 

Anyone can play on the pro tour provided they qualify. Many women do that. They just to get through to the main draw. They reserve one spot on the tour for two years for the women’s world champion. Historically women champs haven’t done all that well on mens pro circuit. 

• Like 1

Congratulations.

Jimmy White was a regular visitor to Thailand. Has a condo outside Pattaya.

Played him at an pool exhibition at Endless Lounge, Soi Bukahow a couple of years ago.

Beautiful looking girl and with Barry Hearn and world snooker opening up the game globally, i think she will find many more equal opportunities.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, FritsSikkink said:
11 hours ago, Pique Dard said:

i wonder! Mink should come to pattaya and compete with some of the ladies working in beer bars ????. some of them are amazing

Snooker is way ore difficult than playing pool on a beer bar table.

But like Mink when the bend over for a shot,

they have their crack at the men too.

11 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Additional strength makes no difference with snooker (at least I don't see how).

Excellent idea.

Definitely increase the fan base.

22 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Perhaps to give women an opportunity to be seen to compete. I suspect if there were not separate titles and championships for them, less would be seen.  Also, the option for women to watch their compatriots compete also produces a larger overall profit. and audience. 

Delighted  for  her. 

She deserves to break into the Main Tour. She's proved that she's got  courage. She's not yellow (like some on the Tour!).  She's made all the other lady players green with envy. I bet they're really browned off

Stay smiley, Mink, don't ever get blue. Remember the money you'll be able to pocket.  Take a cue from Ronnie O'Sullivan.

Go for the max. Keep chalking up the victories.

I take it as red that you'll  do well.  Take a rest before you pack for the Tour.

Maybe we'll soon see you playing Jimmy White on Pot Black!

20 hours ago, Adumbration said:

And she is a hottie.

Well, I am certain she'll be thrilled to hear an aging sexpat comment on her physical appearance, rather than her prowess in snooker.

Plus,are you unaware of the power of make up? I know she looks goid in the picture but she has so much make up on and photoshopping done, it might as well be another person.