How many forms and copies (How many pieces of paper) was required of me for 90 day Non-O Visa??

On 2/15/2022 at 4:15 PM, kimamey said:

I can't say I've ever had to draw a map for my visa based on marriage. I know where I live and I could probably do a map although it might depend on how detailed they want it.

As the hand written map was/is the last thing they ask for, I was watching them prosses my 58 pages of docs, I got bored and started drawing areas of trees they would pass, a bridge, and the klong in flow using wavy lines. 7/11 & gas station..................

57 minutes ago, EVENKEEL said:

Agents are time savers.

Yea, I get that.  I just have a hard time not paying myself about 4 or 5k baht an hour just to sit there, and that's if it takes 2 hrs.   I think that's about the cheapest ballpark price for agent, 8-10k ... if ... having all require docs & financials.  

Plus gives me a reason for a day out to another city.

• Like 1

Very happy to pay an agent.Just coming up to my 3rd retirement extension.If I had brought 800k from Australia at less than 20 baht to a $ I would have lost more than 3 times what i paid the agent for a visa and 2 extensions

Edited by sjd123
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

last december doing my 12th.retirement ext.at korat immigration,after being [deleted] by volunteers checking my papers i eventually got to see the IO with 38copies of what is normally 10 at the most,it took the officer 5minutes to check them .this is the second time 2020 and 2021 i have had trouble with these so called IMMIGRATION POLICE VOLUNTEERS who dont understand how a fixed deposit account works.for 10yrs i have had no problems at all.what normally takes 1hr.at the most,the last 2visits took over 13hrs.A PXSSED OFF FARANG.

On 2/15/2022 at 6:47 PM, Orinoco said:

Go ahead man

Lay all them, 100% risk free investment opportunities on us all.

Are you also suggesting,  getting a third party ( agent) to bribe a immigration officer to circumvent the 800k money in the bank method rules.? or did i read your post wrong ?

Also doing this could be a problem down the road if the rules change slightly and you don't have the funds to show immigration one way or the other.

BTW everything has a cost in life even Thailand.

You fail to understand Thai immigration police  business strategy . Make life difficult for visa applicants and receive money through agents . 

End of story 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

47 minutes ago, itsari said:

You fail to understand Thai immigration police  business strategy . Make life difficult for visa applicants and receive money through agents . 

End of story 

My first time now getting a visa myself and I know she probably was having a bad day, but the lady IO I had was a 100% bitch that day. Your theory has been the same as mine everytime they come up with more rules for getting a visa.

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

On 2/16/2022 at 7:11 PM, KhunLA said:

I just have a hard time not paying myself about 4 or 5k baht an hour just to sit there, and that's if it takes 2 hrs.   I think that's about the cheapest ballpark price for agent, 8-10k ... if ... having all require docs & financials.  

Plus gives me a reason for a day out to another city.

About an hour, and 108 pages, so actually fast.  Again, no agent, so extra whatever fee they would have charged, for my 1 ish hour of time.  7-8-9-10k ... nah, don't think so.  Now, what to buy myself.

Had a nice sandwich, cake & coffee at a favorite place, and a bit of shopping for things not available where I live.  Nice day out.

• Thanks 1

On 2/15/2022 at 1:29 PM, EVENKEEL said:

Nope, 800K in bank. I even had to draw a map to my house. Something I've been chuckling about when I read about guys with marriage visa.

On 2/15/2022 at 2:38 PM, buick said:

i don't understand the handrawn map thing, is that to prove i know where i live ?

On 2/15/2022 at 3:05 PM, DrJack54 said:

3. Map of my condo location (not hand drawn)

4. Copy first page of lease. (not looked at and I doubt if was required).

I've never understood the map thing.  First time I gave them a printed Google Map that I had annotated clearly.  They rejected it and had me draw a map by hand, which basically looked no more detailed than this....

map.thumb.jpg.6eb09f092f8974ddbf83e6b99e3781c2.jpg

So what do people think the reason is for the map?

My personal theory is similar to what buick said.  It's to test see if you have familiarity with the area you live in (in which case bluffing with any map would probably satisfy).

2 hours ago, asiacurious said:

map.thumb.jpg.6eb09f092f8974ddbf83e6b99e3781c2.jpg

So what do people think the reason is for the map?

The reason for the hand drawn map.

Is it has the correct level of detailed information on it,  that an immigration officer can be expected process on his own. 

15 hours ago, EVENKEEL said:

My first time now getting a visa myself and I know she probably was having a bad day, but the lady IO I had was a 100% bitch that day. Your theory has been the same as mine everytime they come up with more rules for getting a visa.

it must have been the same IO that i had 2020 she lasted for 2weeks before she was banished to the north.she even told our bank manager YOU SPEAK NO GOOD along with some other remarks.

On 2/15/2022 at 12:30 AM, scorecard said:

So glad I have a Certificate of Residence (PR), issued 24 years ago. Never ever have to visit an immigration office nor supply bank letters, lease agreements, nor do 90 day reports etc.

(Never even have to visit an immigration office; except to get an exit & re-entry stamp as needed, all very mechanical, no 'approvals or interviews' of any sort, all completed very quickly.)

What are the requirements for a Certificate of Residence?

the lady IO that i am refering to was actually the boss,it was a volunteer that caused the trouble when the wife explained that she was wrong,she the vol,didnt like to be told and went straight to her boss,who then thought i will make this farang beg for my extension,when i showed her the past 10yrs.stamps her reply was, the previous IO'S were wrong.i did think about calling her bluff saying i will phone the police to arrest me for 10yrs over stay.a right cow she was.even told me next yr.i want to see ins.cover and it must be with a thai co.

1 hour ago, cdemundo said:

What are the requirements for a Certificate of Residence?

A Thai Certificate of Residence is also known as Thai Permanent Residence or PR.

If granted it's valid for lifetime / it expires on the passing of the holder also meaning that it doesn't ever need renewal (thee is no annual renewal).

Certificate of Residence holders are not required to do 90 day or similar reports.

Thai Certificate of Residence holders are required to obtain / to have an exit/re-entry stamp in their original passport and in their Certificate of Residence book whenever they leave Thailand. Getting this stamp is very simle and mechanical, there's no need for re-approval of the Thai Certificate of Residence holders and no interview. I emphasize this DOESN'T mean they have to re-apply for their Certificate of Residence whenever they leave/return to Thailand.

After issue of a Thai Certificate of Residence holders are required to hold a Work Permit if they wish to work in Thailand.

Foreigners (any nationalist) can apply for a Certificate of Residence, submissions are accepted by the Thai Immigration Bureau for a period of about 2 months near the end of every year.

The total number of Certificates of Residence that can be issued every year is subject to a maximum number per country. The last time I saw any details on this it mentioned that for the current applications the maximum number of approvals for applicants from any country is 100 persons.

However it's well known that the actual number of approvals in the past, per year, is way under the 100 maximum per country regulation.

I received my Certificate of Residence some 24 years ago, the total number of approvals from my original country for that and previous recent years was around 5 people. I was told that the total issued for many countries at that time was the same - around 5, some less. 

The main criteria to support an application for a Thai Certificate of Residence is proof of holding a Thai work permits (WP) for 3 years consecutively and holding the WP at the time of lodging the application. Plus the applicant must prove that they have lodged their Thai personal tax return for the same period, prove that the tax return has been processed by the Thai Revenue Department and prove that all taxes due have been paid to the Thai Revenue Department.

Whether the Thai Immigration Bureau is currently locked into the 3 year regulation I don't know. I do know that when I applied they were only considering applications supported by 7 continuous years of holding a Thai WP and same for clearance of all taxes.

A so called called 'retirement visa' and other types of visas cannot be converted to be a Thai Certificate of Residence.

There's also other requirements. When I applied the applicants had to prove:

- They held advanced academic degrees (masters degrees).

- They didn't have a criminal history in Thailand or in their original country.

- They had personal investments (e.g. investments in growth funds) that would provide for their longer term support.

- Prove that the actual work they work they were doing was linked to and valuable for the development of Thailand and that the Thai staff involved were gaining valuable knowledge, skills and experience.

- Prove they have a certain level of competence with Thai language.

- Recommendations from well recognized Thai people.

Not sure if the list just above has changed/adjusted in recent times. 

• Thanks 1