I just bought $200,000 of Bitcoin

5 minutes ago, Longwood50 said:

I never said that cash was "an investment"  I said cash is an asset.  A car generally depreciates each year but it is an "asset" and has a tangible value. 

Again, you are demonstrating a tremendous amount of ignorance on investing terminology and meaning. 

I was working at Merrilly Lynch in the 90's when the dot.com era burst into full swing and people were making fortunes trading dot.com stocks with the same "logic" you have about crypto currency.  They said "This Time Is Different" you don't understand.  Well I have repeated this numerous times.  You may make money buying crypto currency.  Just understand it is not a tangible asset and its sole reason for the selling price going up is because some other person is willing to pay more for it.  Cryto currencies produce nothing, do not have any earnings, have no potential to ever make any earnings, and have zero tangible assets.  That is the classic definition of a Greater Fool investment program.  You exhibit exactly what Arron Sorkin said the perfect blend of ego and self delusion that somehow "knows more" than Warren Buffer, Charlie Monger, the two leading investment professionals for the past 50 years and of course lets not forget Jamie Dimon the CEO of JP Morgan Chase the largest bank in the USA.  Because "you know more than they do", and "this time it will be different" 

Let me share with you what other "acknowledged experts" say about cryptocurrency including the person who founded bitcoin and the person who founded dodgecoin

image.png.4e90f0223a3e104d5b1c0e2bbffc7f05.png

15yos know more than 95yos about tech.

You have posted the same stuff 10 times. Yet you are wrong. Musk is 1 smarter than Buffet 2 more tech savvy 3 half his age

Guess what Musk likes coins.

Like I said before Buffet cant even use email. Has no idea about crypto.

Plus he lost money 6 out of 20 years. He is wrong 30% of the time. And thats on areas he knows. On crypto he knows zero.

A vet knows more about human hearts than Buffet knows about btc.

Nobody goes to a vet for human heart surgery.

Ive read Buffets book. Good read. Good at stocks old school. Hopeless for tech stuff.

15 minutes ago, Longwood50 said:

I never said that cash was "an investment"  I said cash is an asset.  A car generally depreciates each year but it is an "asset" and has a tangible value. 

Again, you are demonstrating a tremendous amount of ignorance on investing terminology and meaning. 

I was working at Merrilly Lynch in the 90's when the dot.com era burst into full swing and people were making fortunes trading dot.com stocks with the same "logic" you have about crypto currency.  They said "This Time Is Different" you don't understand.  Well I have repeated this numerous times.  You may make money buying crypto currency.  Just understand it is not a tangible asset and its sole reason for the selling price going up is because some other person is willing to pay more for it.  Cryto currencies produce nothing, do not have any earnings, have no potential to ever make any earnings, and have zero tangible assets.  That is the classic definition of a Greater Fool investment program.  You exhibit exactly what Arron Sorkin said the perfect blend of ego and self delusion that somehow "knows more" than Warren Buffer, Charlie Monger, the two leading investment professionals for the past 50 years and of course lets not forget Jamie Dimon the CEO of JP Morgan Chase the largest bank in the USA.  Because "you know more than they do", and "this time it will be different" 

Let me share with you what other "acknowledged experts" say about cryptocurrency including the person who founded bitcoin and the person who founded dodgecoin

image.png.4e90f0223a3e104d5b1c0e2bbffc7f05.png

Doge coin creator was the fool. He sold early. Missed out on $500m+

17 minutes ago, Longwood50 said:

Jamie Dimon the CEO of JP Morgan Chase the largest bank in the USA.  Because "you know more than they do", and "this time it will be different" 

People only have 1 or 2 areas of expertise. 

Musk knows tech

Buffet knows old school compound returns

Brain surgeons know brains

Mechanics know cars

You dont take your car to a brain surgeon for an oil change. The smart guy has no clue how to do it.

Buffet isnt even that smart. He admitted that. Most of his money came pre 2000.

26 minutes ago, Longwood50 said:

was working at Merrilly Lynch in the 90's when the dot.com era burst into full swing and people were making fortunes trading dot.com stocks with the same "logic" you have about crypto currency. 

Edited by Sparktrader

27 minutes ago, Longwood50 said:

was working at Merrilly Lynch in the 90's when the dot.com era burst into full swing and people were making fortunes trading dot.com stocks with the same "logic" you have about crypto currency. 

Me too. I worked too. Lasted 2 years.

Btc 13 years later booming cause of use case.

Most dot com stocks had no use case hence the collapse.

Bad stock loses money goes under. Google no 1 wins.

Cryoto coins are hedge against inflation. Btc no 1 wins. Many small ones will fall away.

27 minutes ago, Longwood50 said:

I was working at Merrilly Lynch in the 90's when the dot.com era burst into full swing and people were making fortunes trading dot.com stocks with the same "logic" you have about crypto currency.  They said "This Time Is Different" you don't understand. 

Did you tell them that there was no future in the internet? 

I bet you wish you had listened to Mark Cuban.

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/02/12/mark-cuban-compares-blockchain-crypto-to-early-days-of-the-internet.html

32 minutes ago, Longwood50 said:

ego and self delusion that somehow "knows more" than Warren Buffer, Charlie Monger, the two leading investment professionals for the past 50 years and of course lets not forget Jamie Dimon

These dinosaurs :cheesy: 

https://www.coindesk.com/markets/2021/08/05/jpmorgan-launches-in-house-bitcoin-fund-for-private-bank-clients/

37 minutes ago, Longwood50 said:

person who founded bitcoin a

Who founded btc? The person is unknown.

Given you dont know this fact, your comments are therefore null and void.

At least do some basic research 9n btc before posting stuff. That is just embarrassing.

• Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, Sparktrader said:

Jamie Dimon

Of course, while Dimon has his own personal beliefs – they don’t quite measure up to the position of JPMorgan. In recent years, the largest bank in the U.S. by assets has rolled out its own digital currency, JPM coin, has moved hard into crypto asset research and, in August, has opened access to crypto funds for its wealthy clientele.

17 minutes ago, Sparktrader said:

Who founded btc? The person is unknown.

Given you dont know this fact, your comments are therefore null and void.

At least do some basic research 9n btc before posting stuff. That is just embarrassing.

He used to work at Meryl Lynch :cheesy:

He said he wasn't an expert in crypto.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Sparktrader said:

Look at what they do, not what they say. Pretty right.

So Buffet and Monger are buying bitcoin! lol lol

I'd love to hear what @Longwood50 thinks about that?

Everyone will be buying BTC, even the haters here. They will kick themselves for not buying BTC at 34k when I suggested we were at a bottom. 

There is a real danger of exchanges being cut off, just like Russia is experiencing right now. The war may be a perfect excuse and then how do you transfer the money?

15 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

So Buffet and Monger are buying bitcoin! lol lol

I'd love to hear what @Longwood50 thinks about that?

Everyone will be buying BTC, even the haters here. They will kick themselves for not buying BTC at 34k when I suggested we were at a bottom. 

Digital bank not btc itself. Still its the realisation that digital is the future. Even 95yo guys can see that.

Its just makes sense. Buffet doesnt like gold either. He is a stock guy. Do gold traders listen to him? No. 

Buffet has 1 area of expertise. Stocks.

7 minutes ago, Sparktrader said:

Use a different one

That's not so easy bud. I have account with a few of them. Only 2 will let me withdraw to my account. The rest require this and that. If USA decides crypto is being used by Russia to bypass sanctions. Bye bye

Edited by Pravda