I just bought $200,000 of Bitcoin

4 minutes ago, aldriglikvid said:

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2022-11-10/el-salvador-s-bitcoin-holdings-devalue-60-amid-crypto-selloff

Crypto-era is over buddy. You could've made a lot better money in productive assets. So sad to see this. 

I made MUCH more in crypto that in other assets, what are you talking about?

1 minute ago, Neeranam said:

I made MUCH more in crypto that in other assets, what are you talking about?

You guys keep pointing to completely unverifiable claims of successful trades, to legitimate a "currency" that has fallen -70% in 12 months. Do you see an issue with that? 

Just now, aldriglikvid said:

You guys keep pointing to completely unverifiable claims of successful trades, to legitimate a "currency" that has fallen -70% in 12 months. Do you see an issue with that? 

So you first heard of BTC 1 year ago and think it's only been around since then?

5 minutes ago, tomazbodner said:

BTC has been around many years and early adopters might have made a lot on it. That first pizza place that accepted it, for instance.

I know. The guy @aldriglikvid refuses to answer the question as to when he first started hating BTC. I suspect he missed the boat and is very angry. 

16 minutes ago, Walker88 said:

The Daisy Chain story.........BlockFi was on the verge of collapse, but was bought by.....FTX

The remaining assets of dead Voyager Digital were picked up by......FTX

FTX loaned money to (dead) Celsius Network, which used the funds to ramp CEL coin (after Celsius had illegally used customer assets to support its CEL token).

Now FTX blows up because it loaned money (and also tapped customer assets) so that Alameda (owned by FTX) could buy FTT (a coin created by FTX)

Anybody see a pattern emerging between 'exchanges' and 'coins'?

Anybody still remember Terra/Luna?

This is not an 'exchange' problem; it is laying bare the entire crypto bubble.

Hey, but it's unregulated ! Isn't that a plus?

Might be a good time to look at the underlying 'assets' of Michael Saylor's MicroStrategy, and also dig deep into his liabilities. I suspect we would find he's levered for btc purchases and pledged his btc holdings as collateral for his loans.

It was copycats who conjured new coins, after seeing the 'success' of btc. It seems copycats also created 'exchanges' to be used to ramp what the exchange creators owned. Step aside, Charles Ponzi; there's a new scheme in town.

Coinbase even notes in some of its disclosures that in the event of bankruptcy, any assets anyone keeps there are dead until the bankruptcy is resolved, which would be years.

Ah.....But you don't use an exchange; you have your own wallet!  That's great, except the coins you hold have been manipulated by levered large holders. Their rise or 'stability' wasn't a result of new money, but leverage by large holders. When they and their exchanges fall---as FTX and SBF have---so goes all the coins they manipulated.

If anything truly depended on the confidence of holders, it is crypto. No coin has any underlying value save for what the Greater Fool is willing to pay. Each of these bankruptcies shakes confidence in the entire field, and confidence is all any coin ever had.. Terra/Luna, Three Arrows Capital. Voyager Digital. Celsius Networks. Now FTX. DeFi?  DEAD. It seems regulation might actually have some merits, as does credit analysis.

Even supposedly savvy market players did not really understand the nature of what they were buying. Most merely jumped in so as not to miss out, Their confidence is now shaken, which means the confidence needed to keep even mainstream tokens like btc and eth is being shaken. Also, one can now expect much more demand for regulation, which will additionally keep people out of the space. Funds and banks who stepped into the crypto space---just in case it became something from which they could profit---are already reassessing. Maybe, just maybe, they can let others play the crypto game. Exchange failures and coin collapses are coming now at an accelerated pace. There's no longer any excuse shareholders would accept if a major fund got caught in another FTX. Burn me once, shame on you; burn me twice, shame on me.

The Daisy Chain is imploding. Stay tuned. The show is just beginning.

No its $17,000. Crashed 6 times before. 3.4x higher than than not long ago.

Anyone in under 10k is miles in front.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, aldriglikvid said:

Are you guys still investing in made-up internet-money such as Bitcoin and the other Ponzi's? If you can't spot the fraud a mile away, I don't know what to tell you. 

So, 9 if the largest exchanges worldwide have either ben outright criminal frauds, hacked clean or ponzi's. But not yours, right? ???? Chasing that legit 17% APY. 

True but you dont think banks do the same thing? Remember the 2008 crisis?  People in Lebanon now robbing their own banks to get their own money. 

Imo this crypto purge is to destroy the exchanges and hand the technology over to government custodians. 

1 hour ago, Sametboy2019 said:

True but you dont think banks do the same thing? Remember the 2008 crisis?  People in Lebanon now robbing their own banks to get their own money. 

Imo this crypto purge is to destroy the exchanges and hand the technology over to government custodians. 

Lebanon yes. Cash isnt safe. Nothing is. Thats why you spread the risk. Having ETH would  be good for them.

Argentine Peso also a disaster. ETH or Peso? Pay me in ETH if I was living there.

22 minutes ago, Sparktrader said:

Lebanon yes. Cash isnt safe. Nothing is. Thats why you spread the risk. Having ETH would  be good for them.

Argentine Peso also a disaster. ETH or Peso? Pay me in ETH if I was living there.

No thanks. ETH gas fees are a joke. Thankfully there are a new gen of crypto that has solved all BTC and ETH shortcomings!

24 minutes ago, Walker88 said:

Any professional trader who tries to salve his ego by saying "I'm still ahead", when he's left on the table upwards of $52000, would be sent packing in an instant. That's a pure amateur rationalization.

No pros bought at 69,000. Why would you?

Your rants are irrational

• Haha 1

On 2/15/2022 at 4:16 PM, Don Chance said:

Crypto is not a real currency.

What baffles me about crypto is people saying 'it's worth x amount of dollars' 

If it's an alternative to cash, why do we need to know it's worth in dollars and if cash 

gets wiped out, what will crypto be worth then, a bag of potatoes?

11 minutes ago, SenorTashi said:

If it's an alternative to cash, why do we need to know it's worth in dollars and if cash 

Baht is alternative to dollars. We know the value.

Most made-up internet-money, I'm sorry "Coins", have lost in one week what the general stock market declined in a total of 1,5 years during the GFC. 

Bitcoin has lost -3% since we began this discussion yesterday. 

Embrace it's a ponzi and instead look for productive assets. I'm just trying to help you here. 

11-12 15_11_48-Cryptocurrency Prices, Charts And Market Capitalizations _ CoinMarketCap.png

35 minutes ago, aldriglikvid said:

Most made-up internet-money, I'm sorry "Coins", have lost in one week what the general stock market declined in a total of 1,5 years during the GFC. 

Bitcoin has lost -3% since we began this discussion yesterday. 

Embrace it's a ponzi and instead look for productive assets. I'm just trying to help you here. 

11-12 15_11_48-Cryptocurrency Prices, Charts And Market Capitalizations _ CoinMarketCap.png

You dont have any idea. Btc is worth $17,000 per coin. It used to be 3c.

1 hour ago, SenorTashi said:

1 US Dollar = 0.0000593 Bitcoin (BTC)