60 Days «covid» VISA extension. Need a letter from my embassy?

I will extend my 60

Days TR VISA by 60 Days as stated in this website url. I already have everything I need. But im not sure about “A letter from home country’s embassy in Thailand” what should such a letter contain? And is it really necessary?

https://thethaiger.com/coronavirus/deadline-to-apply-for-60-day-covid-visa-extension-pushed-to-march-25

D40D6B87-C4A1-4634-8D32-74AE4B759A86.png

You may be required to obtain 30 day standard extension to your TV.

If you have already obtained 30 day extension then this affidavit satisfies embassy letter request.

https://aseannow.com/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=727659

Which immigration office are you dealing with. 

Edited by DrJack54
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, BKKTRAVELER said:

Some office are requiring that you show emails from your embassy that they do not issue these letters anymore

Indeed..

Here is an exchange (messenger) of couple I met from USA. They had trouble Hua Hin where the io wanted to view the refusal email or letter from embassy. 

We had to use agent.

Anyone asking advice on most matters regarding immigration  need to state which office. 

Screenshot_20220218-075649.jpg

17 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

You may be required to obtain 30 day standard extension to your TV.

If you have already obtained 30 day extension then this affidavit satisfies embassy letter request.

https://aseannow.com/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=727659 229.8 kB · 1083 downloads

Which immigration office are you dealing with. 

Thanks a lot! I will use that affidavit. I allready emailed my embassy asking for a letter stating there’s an ongoing pandemic in my country. If/when I get a letter or just a reply stating they won’t issue a letter, by email. I will screenshot and add to my application 

I will deal with Nonthaburi immigration office.

12 hours ago, BKKTRAVELER said:

Some office are requiring that you show emails from your embassy that they do not issue these letters anymore.

OP, like DrJack54 mentioned, which immigration office are you dealing with?

Thanks. I emailed my embassy this morning. So I will screenshot or print the reply from them. I will use Nonthaburi immigration office. It’s a month until my 2 months tv runs out. So I have a good time. But I heard that 1 week prior is a good time to meet up there. I heard people going only 1 day prior.. I will not take a chance on that. But I understand people do so because they risk getting 30/60 days from the date they get the stamp. And that’s a bummer if going there 2 weeks prior 

7 minutes ago, lostintransit said:

I will deal with Nonthaburi immigration office.

I asked about your office to see if it was one that had been playing games with covid extension hurdles.

Haven't seen Nonthaburi in posts.

They previously had reputation as difficult to deal with however in recent times have read positive posts re that office.

Good luck.

Edited by DrJack54
  • Like 2

T

On 2/18/2022 at 11:10 AM, DrJack54 said:

I asked about your office to see if it was one that had been playing games with covid extension hurdles.

Haven't seen Nonthaburi in posts.

They previously had reputation as difficult to deal with however in recent times have read positive posts re that office.

Good luck.

Thanks. Ive been to that office one time before to get a normal 30 days tv extension. That was around 4 years ago. But I brought my GF and her mother to. To help with the language and just in case if there would be any misunderstandings. It went flawlessly. Got 30 Days from the day my TV expired. Not from the date I showed up. I believe it may help bringing a local Thai friend or family-in-law, if going to a place like that. Tho I never tried going there alone yet.

• Like 1