Police Sued for B72m for Doctor’s Death at Crossing

snoop1130

41 minutes ago, KhaoYai said:

Don't understand that answer at all. However, if what mtis2005 states above is correct, that explains it.  The lawyers are going after the police because he was allowed to go out on an impounded bike and they can achieve a bigger payout.  I very much doubt they'd be able to extract 72 million baht out of the policeman but his employers will have the means - insurance or otherwise.

...apologies, i had not read he took the bike illegally.

17 hours ago, DezLez said:

Also is it really worth it in mental health issues etc to pursue a case against the RTP in Thailand?

It won't be just mental health issues they'll have to worry about. Even Big Joke had to have bullets removed from his car.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, soalbundy said:

It is only my opinion but I think that the policeman is personally responsible not the force as an institution, whether he was on duty or not he can be expected to drive with due care and attention.

There is a lack of traffic law enforcement here. That is not the policeman's personal responsibility. It could also be added, there is a lack of police training as well.

On 2/17/2022 at 11:59 AM, seedy said:

I feel sorry for the family, and sad at the death of their young daughter.

That being said ...

I learned to cross the street at about 5 years of age. Look both ways, and if someone is coming, stop.

This was a long time before zebra crossings.

Moral of this story - Keep your head up and pay attention. I see so many staring at screens, walking with headphones on, oblivious to the world around them.

Death is a heartbeat away.

Wow you must be Old!???? crossings with 'Belisha Beacons' have been in use since the 1930's in the UK. The first formally named Zebra Crossing was introduced in 1951 (so you are at least 74?) I fully agree with you about the inattentive mobile phone users I am a crippled old fart and it is impossible for me to dodge them when I stagger out with my stick, their poor legs get tangled in my walking stick and I have ended up falling after them (fortunately they fall first and act as a cushion for me when I go down????)

14 hours ago, Henryford said:

Hitting them in their pocket is the only way to get anything done in Thailand.

Whose pocket are you hitting by taking financial action against either the Cop or the RTP?

The Cop has no money and the Goverment/Taxpayer pays if it is won against the RTP!

Totally pointless excercise that just lines the pockets of the legal brigade as usual, not to mention my previously stated reservations about the mental anguish/issues for all involved.

Edited by DezLez
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, DezLez said:

Whose pocket are you hitting by taking financial action against either the Cop or the RTP?

The Cop has no money and the Goverment/Taxpayer pays if it is won against the RTP!

Totally pointless excercise that just lines the pockets of the legal brigade as usual, not to mention my previously stated reservations about the mental anguish/issues for all involved.

Well I know one thing, if one of my daughters was killed that way by this reckless and irresponsible rider we and I mean my whole family would fight tooth and nail to seek damages. I can assure you my mental health would not suffer and the publicity will drive home the need for something to be done about law enforcement or lack of on Thailand’s roads

• Thanks 1

On 2/17/2022 at 6:09 PM, DezLez said:

I wrote about the mental health issues and said that it would (obviously) be against the RTP in Thailand (as it happened in Thailand)!

It does not take a legal genius to work out that taking a  case to court against the (Military?) Police of a country is very difficult and has emotional/mental stress issues which I do not believe outweigh any monetary value that may or may not be gained!

Principles. 

5 hours ago, DezLez said:

So what's your angle?

Let the police get away with impunity for the actions of their staff?