How do Thai women compare with Western women as a wife?

webfact

Ever so slightly off topic. But, concerning the whole expectations part of the equation. 

On the last night of my last trip to Cuba, quite some time ago, I finally got with this spectacular 20 year-old who I had been oogling the entire trip. She literally would not give me the time of day, prior to that. I was at the door talking to the guy who was working the door, at this little bar/cafe where she was hanging out. I had chatted with him a few times, as my Spanish is pretty good, and he was a cool guy. I could look in the window and see her sitting there and the guy asks me what are you looking at, and I said I have had the hots for that gal, (pointing to her) for the entire two weeks I've been here. He says oh that's Julia, she's a good friend of mine. I said you know her? He asked me if I wanted to get with her? I said are you kidding me, yes I would love to, and he said let me talk to her for a minute, then comes back a few minutes later he said yes she'll get with you but she wants $60. At that time that seemed like a lot of money, as it was three times the going rate, but I felt it was worth it!

I took her back to this sweet, large apartment I was renting for my two week stay, in the best section of town, and I had the time of my life with this stunning super model type. I used to bring duffel bags full of lingerie, bras and panties, as they were nearly impossible to find there, and cost $40-100 each in Cuba. My women friends in LA, most of whom are very successful, would donate them to the cause of "helping poor Cuban women", as well as aspirin, vitamins, and other things I would bring to help out the locals on my trips. The typical salary at that time was $40 a month.

She literally lost her mind, when I showed some of these gorgeous bras and panties to her, as all of them had been barely ever worn, and she proceeded to do a super erotic fashion show for me. She stayed all night and she was exquisite. She got some lingerie as bonus prizes! It was maybe equivalent to six months salary for her. 

I was dating a gal in Los Angeles at the time and I had a date set up for her for the night after I came home. We had dinner at a nice place, it was the third date, we hadn't even kissed yet, and she was kind of hinting that she needed some money for rent. She was pretty, not gorgeous, and was in her late twenties and I was already 50-ish, so there was an age disparity which in America is a big deal. So, the expectation of some sort of sponsorship thing is common in cities like LA, if the guy is alot older, and the woman is young and fine enough. Anyway she kind of hinted at needing assistance and that I would get what I wanted if I was willing to help her out. So I kind of played along with it and at one point I said , so what is the extent of your need this month, and she said she was about $1,100 short. It was near the end of the month. So I glossed over it, and deftly moved on to the next subject. For the next 15 minutes she was very anxious, she tried to steer the conversation back and finally I looked at her and I said, I'll help you out no problem. And I then I changed the conversation again. She was getting very anxious and finally she said okay, okay what about that thing we were talking about before, what can you do to help me? She could not bring herself to mention the topic of money, as that would reveal her as being a clandestine hooker. So, she had to dance in circles. I said no problem I'll give you a 60, she said what do you mean 60, 60 what? I said $60. She asked what am I supposed to do with $60. What makes you think that is an appropriate thing to offer? I said look, all I know is that last night I was in Havana, and I spent all night with a woman ten years younger than you and 30 times more beautiful, and that's what I paid. The look on her face was precious. I asked her, what on earth makes you think you're worth any more than that? The best she could do was to say that was Havana, and this is LA! I said no big deal for me. Means next to nothing to me, after being with her!

Needless to say it was our last date, but that was worth it, to see the look on her face, it was priceless. And she was long overdue for someone telling her like it is! You are not a civilian. You are a hooker!

Anyway, unless you are worth over $50 million, or are in your 20's and look like Brad Pitt, the chances of getting with a pretty woman, who is under 36, in the West is remote. Most settle for old, ugly, fat, or highly unpleasant. 

3 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

Ever so slightly off topic. But, concerning the whole expectations part of the equation. 

On the last night of my last trip to Cuba, quite some time ago, I finally got with this spectacular 20 year-old who I had been oogling the entire trip. She literally would not give me the time of day, prior to that. I was at the door talking to the guy who was working the door, at this little bar/cafe where she was hanging out. I had chatted with him a few times, as my Spanish is pretty good, and he was a cool guy. I could look in the window and see her sitting there and the guy asks me what are you looking at, and I said I have had the hots for that gal, (pointing to her) for the entire two weeks I've been here. He says oh that's Julia, she's a good friend of mine. I said you know her? He asked me if I wanted to get with her? I said are you kidding me, yes I would love to, and he said let me talk to her for a minute, then comes back a few minutes later he said yes she'll get with you but she wants $60. At that time that seemed like a lot of money, as it was three times the going rate, but I felt it was worth it!

I took her back to this sweet, large apartment I was renting for my two week stay, in the best section of town, and I had the time of my life with this stunning super model type. I used to bring duffel bags full of lingerie, bras and panties, as they were nearly impossible to find there, and cost $40-100 each in Cuba. My women friends in LA, most of whom are very successful, would donate them to the cause of "helping poor Cuban women", as well as aspirin, vitamins, and other things I would bring to help out the locals on my trips. The typical salary at that time was $40 a month.

She literally lost her mind, when I showed some of these gorgeous bras and panties to her, as all of them had been barely ever worn, and she proceeded to do a super erotic fashion show for me. She stayed all night and she was exquisite. She got some lingerie as bonus prizes! It was maybe equivalent to six months salary for her. 

I was dating a gal in Los Angeles at the time and I had a date set up for her for the night after I came home. We had dinner at a nice place, it was the third date, we hadn't even kissed yet, and she was kind of hinting that she needed some money for rent. She was pretty, not gorgeous, and was in her late twenties and I was already 50-ish, so there was an age disparity which in America is a big deal. So, the expectation of some sort of sponsorship thing is common in cities like LA, if the guy is alot older, and the woman is young and fine enough. Anyway she kind of hinted at needing assistance and that I would get what I wanted if I was willing to help her out. So I kind of played along with it and at one point I said , so what is the extent of your need this month, and she said she was about $1,100 short. It was near the end of the month. So I glossed over it, and deftly moved on to the next subject. For the next 15 minutes she was very anxious, she tried to steer the conversation back and finally I looked at her and I said, I'll help you out no problem. And I then I changed the conversation again. She was getting very anxious and finally she said okay, okay what about that thing we were talking about before, what can you do to help me? She could not bring herself to mention the topic of money, as that would reveal her as being a clandestine hooker. So, she had to dance in circles. I said no problem I'll give you a 60, she said what do you mean 60, 60 what? I said $60. She asked what am I supposed to do with $60. What makes you think that is an appropriate thing to offer? I said look, all I know is that last night I was in Havana, and I spent all night with a woman ten years younger than you and 30 times more beautiful, and that's what I paid. The look on her face was precious. I asked her, what on earth makes you think you're worth any more than that? The best she could do was to say that was Havana, and this is LA! I said no big deal for me. Means next to nothing to me, after being with her!

Needless to say it was our last date, but that was worth it, to see the look on her face, it was priceless. And she was long overdue for someone telling her like it is! You are not a civilian. You are a hooker!

Anyway, unless you are worth over $50 million, or are in your 20's and look like Brad Pitt, the chances of getting with a pretty woman, who is under 36, in the West is remote. Most settle for old, ugly, fat, or highly unpleasant. 

Have you seen Sicko? https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0386032/?ref_=nv_sr_srsg_0

3 hours ago, Hummin said:

A  guy I ride with frequently, described a fantastic agogo dancer with the perfect sensual sexy body showing off big time on stage. Teasing and showing what she got, to finely find himself in the bed with her, and it was his worst nightmare he had experienced.

Where he went wrong IMO was thinking a fantastic body translates to good in bed. I always went with less attractive ones as they tried harder to please.

However, unless he didn't have to pay seems a waste not to at least have an ending of some sort. If they didn't like the lights on I would leave the bathroom light on and the door open.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, GinBoy2 said:

Well you won't get many 'likes' from that post!

I'm 5 years older than my Thai wife, and I'd have to say the wide age difference of many I've seen can be a little disturbing.

But I've been slammed enough on here for those views, so each to their own, but head back to farangland and I guarantee it'll raise eyebrows

Yeah. Women will hate the guy for having an attractive young wife, and the guys will be jealous.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hummin said:

Walk over me? It is all about timing and how you formulate the messege, but accept we are different. It wouldnt have been smart to say in my inner circle, but again, different inviroment different culture, background and people. 

Also, I do not need to win every battle that comes along, what I stand for and what I have done, pretty much talk for it self. Nothing more to prove, not for Asean, and especially my friends or they wifes or girls

Fair enough. I tread my own path.

I suspect I might not be comfortable in your inner circle. That's OK, I can always walk away.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, spidermike007 said:

You remind me of the story of the philosopher who offered a beautiful woman $10,000 to sleep with him. When she agreed, he asked if she would take $10. Certainly not, do you think I am a whore? He responded " We've already established that, now I want to settle on a price".

• Haha 2

12 hours ago, Isaanlife said:

Find some Thai women with degrees from the western world.

I'am sure there are some of them much smarter than the posters here.

I had a Thai girlfriend with a masters degree, and another who was a hotel receptionist. After 18 years of living in Thailand I moved back to the UK in 2018. Reasons for leaving? I left long before the money ran out, When I left I hadn't worked for 3 years and got a bit bored in Thailand.

On 2/18/2022 at 4:53 AM, sipi said:

How do Thai women compare to Western women as a wife?

They don't....

Yeah, most Thai women have the mental age of an adolescent, are completely undomesticated, and couldn't take care of a Barbie doll - never mind a small human.

That doesn't mean I would want to be married to a western woman either, cos they have their own foyables.

3 hours ago, Lacessit said:

You remind me of the story of the philosopher who offered a beautiful woman $10,000 to sleep with him. When she agreed, he asked if she would take $10. Certainly not, do you think I am a whore? He responded " We've already established that, now I want to settle on a price".

Are you referring to me, or the gals? If the former, no argument here. Some men can admit they are (or at least were) whores, and some spend their whole lives in denial!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Hummin said:

A  guy I ride with frequently, described a fantastic agogo dancer with the perfect sensual sexy body showing off big time on stage. Teasing and showing what she got, to finely find himself in the bed with her, and it was his worst nightmare he had experienced. Expectations built up during the whole night, looking, drinking, fantasy about her and paying drinks for her and her friends, and finely paid her off duty, she was a complete starfish when came back home. Locked the door when shower, towel around her body when came out, lights off, and dead in the bed. He decided to send her home without having sex with her pisse off and complained to us later on about the akward situation. 

what did he do wrong? Or where did it go wrong? 

I told him she he should have understood she is playing a role on the stage and she feels safe, back home with you, she is naked and scared, just a human reaction. Is that so hard to understand? 

Sorry a bit off from your post, 

A picture of your fellow rider would probably give us a head start on guessing what he did wrong and maybe what she did right. Then again, maybe he just had too many tequila shots?

4 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Western women IMO think they are special and that men owe them large just for having female body parts, and consenting to be with them.

You really hit the nail on the head. I heard a scientist once say if you took most of the minerals and elements within the human body, and added up the value, it would be around $6. So, what is the actual value here? I was visiting a strip club many years ago in Los Angeles. It was a slow night, and I started chatting with one of the strippers, who was a cool gal from NY, where I am from. We started talking about the customers they get, and I asked her about an older man who was sitting in the corner with two strippers. She said oh yeah, that is Frank. He is a sweet man. He comes in once a month, sits with two gals for an hour, never does a lap dance, and never attempts to take any of the gals home. I asked her what he spends, usually. She said about $800! No action. Just a little bit of TLC. It shows the level of desperation in the West, and what some men will pay, for just a bit of affection. 

9 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

Are you referring to me, or the gals? If the former, no argument here. Some men can admit they are (or at least were) whores, and some spend their whole lives in denial!

Good for you. It's a double standard when men who use sex workers refer to them as prostitutes, while not realizing they are tarred with the same brush.

I don't mind admitting I've paid for sex. Why would I, when some has been the best I've ever had?

17 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

Good for you. It's a double standard when men who use sex workers refer to them as prostitutes, while not realizing they are tarred with the same brush.

I don't mind admitting I've paid for sex. Why would I, when some has been the best I've ever had?

I try to avoid calling women whores or prostitutes. I tend to save that term for politicians. I call them working girls, semi-pros, bar girls, massage gals, or freelancers. Alot of them are pretty cool, and rather kindhearted. They are simply making the most of what they have to work with, the limitations life has dealt them, and are determined to find a better life, against all odds. I admire that. And who am I to judge them, or the choices they make?

Most men who use pros seem unwilling to admit that they themselves are whores. Or dogs. Or tricks. Or whatever you want to call them. Nothing wrong with that admission. Honestly can be very liberating. 

Edited by spidermike007
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

I try to avoid calling women whores or prostitutes. I tend to save that term for politicians. I call them working girls, semi-pros, bar girls, massage gals, or freelancers. Alot of them are pretty cool, and rather kindhearted. They are simply making the most of what they have to work with, the limitations life has dealt them, and are determined to find a better life, against all odds. I admire that. And who am I to judge them, or the choices they make?

Most men who use pros seem unwilling to admit that they themselves are whores. Or dogs. Or tricks. Or whatever you want to call them. Nothing wrong with that admission. Honestly can be very liberating. 

No disagreement at all with what you are saying, I use the term sex workers, because they work at sex for a living.

No longer in P4P. When I was, I always treated any woman with consideration, and let them set the limits on what they were comfortable with. To me, the punter who mistreats a woman just because he is paying for sex is the worst kind of animal.

• Like 2

On 2/18/2022 at 11:11 AM, Andrew65 said:

I had an old Swedish friend who had a live-in Thai girlfriend for about 17 years. He said the main difference between her and a Swedish lady was that she would get up to make him breakfast every morning, whilst a Swedish lady probably wouldn't.

I think the main difference between Thai and Western ladies is that women's-lib and 'equality' is yet to arrive in Thailand.

I have been with my wife for 15 years, the first five as my GF, and even today if I am preparing food for myself in the kitchen and she comes in, the first thing she always says to me is "you want I help" then takes over.

10 minutes ago, possum1931 said:

I have been with my wife for 15 years, the first five as my GF, and even today if I am preparing food for myself in the kitchen and she comes in, the first thing she always says to me is "you want I help" then takes over.

Yes, I have the same routine, except that she says "let me do" about almost any domestic  task.

7 minutes ago, blazes said:

Yes, I have the same routine, except that she says "let me do" about almost any domestic  task.

Well that's kinda universal.

Almost all women consider whatever task you are doing as being totally f$$$cked up, and you get the roll of the eyes, and they end up doing exactly what you were doing in the first place

Edited by GinBoy2

33 minutes ago, possum1931 said:

Different strokes for different folks.

1 hour ago, possum1931 said:

Mine just tells me to make sure I wash the dishes.????

7 hours ago, Lacessit said:

Some years ago, I was at a party in Australia. One of the women decided to take me to task for having a Thai girlfriend. She wanted to know why I would do that, when there were plenty of women available in Australia.

I said " She's 23 years younger than me. She's a great lay with a beautiful body, who worships the ground I walk on. She cooks for me, washes and irons my clothes, does a massage when I am tired, cuts my toenails. Tell me where I will find a woman like that in Australia".

Dead silence at the table, the men didn't know where to look. I thought she was going to throw her glass of wine over me, she presumably thought better of it.

To each his own, but in a social setting I prefer not to disrupt the proceedings, as it can make everyone uncomfortable.  I would feel it selfish of me to 'have to get back at her'.

If the woman who questioned you was married, I might have said:

"Well, you were already taken, so what choice did I have?"

Some would get a laugh, then things would have moved on with no feathers ruffled.

Unless the woman was painfully naive, she and everyone else in attendance would have known the reality. A woman 23 years younger than you is likely to be infinitely more sexually appealing than a woman your age, and the most basic drive of ALL living things is propagation of one's gene pool. As humans we dress it up and pretend we're better than our instincts, and we can at least separate the act from its original intent, but the drive is the same. Instinct drove her comment as well, though she likely doesn't know that. If younger women are more attractive----and she can never be younger again---then her chance to propagate her gene pool is diminishing by the second, perhaps even gone if she's past menopause. In a pure Darwinian sense, she really has little biological reason left to live. (I'm always struck by some things in nature.....male Mayflies are born without mouths, since they live for only a day and their sole reason to be is to mate with a female.....female Praying Mantises bite the head off the mating male, as his convulsions get him to finish the deed; still, male Praying Mantises mate)

Anyway, as 'civilized' humans, it is polite to maintain social nice-ities by diffusing tensions. You know, she knows, she knows you know, everyone at the table knows, etc., the reality, so her comment itself slapped her upside the face.

Bottom line: in 50 years everyone at the table will be dead and buried, and nothing you did or she said will make a lick of difference. In that intervening period, you would have enjoyed your time above ground.

Best to just act like a Mayfly.

4 minutes ago, Walker88 said:

To each his own, but in a social setting I prefer not to disrupt the proceedings, as it can make everyone uncomfortable.  I would feel it selfish of me to 'have to get back at her'.

If the woman who questioned you was married, I might have said:

"Well, you were already taken, so what choice did I have?"

Some would get a laugh, then things would have moved on with no feathers ruffled.

Unless the woman was painfully naive, she and everyone else in attendance would have known the reality. A woman 23 years younger than you is likely to be infinitely more sexually appealing than a woman your age, and the most basic drive of ALL living things is propagation of one's gene pool. As humans we dress it up and pretend we're better than our instincts, and we can at least separate the act from its original intent, but the drive is the same. Instinct drove her comment as well, though she likely doesn't know that. If younger women are more attractive----and she can never be younger again---then her chance to propagate her gene pool is diminishing by the second, perhaps even gone if she's past menopause. In a pure Darwinian sense, she really has little biological reason left to live. (I'm always struck by some things in nature.....male Mayflies are born without mouths, since they live for only a day and their sole reason to be is to mate with a female.....female Praying Mantises bite the head off the mating male, as his convulsions get him to finish the deed; still, male Praying Mantises mate)

Anyway, as 'civilized' humans, it is polite to maintain social nice-ities by diffusing tensions. You know, she knows, she knows you know, everyone at the table knows, etc., the reality, so her comment itself slapped her upside the face.

Bottom line: in 50 years everyone at the table will be dead and buried, and nothing you did or she said will make a lick of difference. In that intervening period, you would have enjoyed your time above ground.

Best to just act like a Mayfly.

I have to admit I am not at ease in social situations with strangers, I would rather be with good friends who accept me as I am, or have myself for company.

Voltaire probably anticipated my reaction a few centuries ago when he said " This animal is very wicked, it defends itself when attacked".

2 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

guys biggest ooops   " calling the wife the wrong name"

girls biggest oooops  " waking up with the hubby and asking for cab fare "

13 hours ago, ChaiyaTH said:

We have a shortage of people on earth, trying to control it is the least efficient. Specially knowing that only a small percentage of rich people is responsible for all the consuming issues we have, the poor over populated countries only have a small contribution to that, which make up the majority of earths population.

Has nothing to do with population but with how things are being run and done in rich countries, by spending power populations. That aside, in 30-40 years half the population is death already.

We can easily live with double the population of today, in a sustainable manner, if desired and done correctly. At the same time Europe and USA alone are enough to ruin the planet, if desired, too.

Total nonsense. Perhaps the least informed post of the day. We have a shortage of people on this earth? Wait a minute. Are we living on two different earths? We cannot sustain unlimited population growth. It diminishes the quality of life for most everyone. The slowdown in population growth is a huge blessing for us all! God bless those who choose not to reproduce. 

I don't quite share the cynicism of Detective Rustin Colhe, played masterfully by Matthew McConaughey, but I love this quote from True Detective, Season one. Perhaps the greatest single season of TV ever, and one of the top quotes of this great show. 

I think human consciousness is a tragic misstep in evolution. We became too self aware. Nature created an aspect of nature separate from itself. We are creatures that should not exist, by natural law. We are things that labor under the illusion of having a self, a secretion of sensory experience and feeling programmed with total assurance that we are each somebody, when in fact everybody is nobody. I think the honorable thing for our species to do is to deny our programming. Stop reproducing. Walk hand and hand into extinction. One last midnight, brothers and sisters opting out of a raw deal.

Amazing writing. The entire season. 

Edited by spidermike007