Provincial governors in Thailand told to prepare plans for COVID-19 surge

webfact

20 hours ago, smedly said:

again Thailand well behind the curve - other countries with high case loads are removing restrictions as we speak - Thailand should be doing the same, what is wrong with these people, a class of 6yo's could run the country better than these plonkers

Time to move on - there is no "new  normal" - just "normal", people want their lives back we have had over 2 years of this ### - enough is enough

Find some other reason to keep your emergency powers - covid is now old news

The soldiers government need to keep certain restrictions so they will keep getting the  brown envelopes from hotels, hospitals and pharmacies.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, possum1931 said:

The soldiers government need to keep certain restrictions so they will keep getting the  brown envelopes from hotels, hospitals and pharmacies.

Can you disclose how does it work? As I read elsewhere it is the other way round, the hospitals are better paid if it is classified as Covid. 

But in Thailand the govt is paid by hospitals? And also by hotels? What a surprise...

• Confused 1

40 minutes ago, ed strong said:

Less than 2 % different in populations between UK and Thailand.

I can't help you if you can't understand the mathematical superior percentages of the UK's vaccination campaign versus Thailand.

They are simple mathematical facts.

What point are you trying to make?

Do you even know yourself?

• Like 2

9 hours ago, stephenterry said:

Yes, 0.1% is correct, missed the %. Statistically, 0.1%  is not serious enough for governments to lockdown everything. That's the fear factor again.    

Your opinion that having   0.1% of the population hospitalized for a single disease is not serious. Please remind us where you received your medical degree. 

Also, please note that 0.2% in hospital represents 100% of all beds, so if 0.2% are hospitalized for Covid, even you would agree that would be serious. 

So.. Dr. Stephenterry, at what point between 0.1% and 0.2% does the number of Covid hospitalizations become serious? 

Edited by Danderman123

Did any of you posters notice in the picture, the people were all Thais and they were all wearing their masks properly.

I doubt that a crowd of expats would look the same, as so many just, boo hoo, cannot wear those uncomfortable

masks, or if they do,  the mask is beneath their noses.  Just  Saying...

• Haha 1

On 2/18/2022 at 4:45 PM, KhaoYai said:

Do you really think that will make a difference? I'd change your words slightly so they read 'stopping test and go would be insane - because that's exactly what it would be.  Its been 2 years now, we have vaccines and reasonably effective treatments now and as the rest of the world is realising, Omicron cannot be stopped without a complete closedown - and even then its doubtful.

I fully agreed with the initial lockdowns and other strict measures but things are different now - the economic hardship with the physical and mental damage it causes are more dangerous than the virus in my opinion. Covid can't be stopped and slowly the world is realising that - we just have to live with it and take whatever simple measures we can. The signs are the virus is beginning to burn itself out.

I liken it to this:  In Thailand my main form of transport is my motorbike, I rent a car on the odd ocassion when I need one.  I'm fully aware of the risks involved with riding a bike and I do everything I can to mitigate my risk.  I wear a decent helmet and my jacket has built in back, shoulder and elbow protection - I also 'ride aware' at all times.  None of those measures provide 100% protection and nothing will.  There is very limited public transport in my area and close to home, none at all. What should I do?  Stay home? Not go shopping? Starve?

Its much the same with Covid, we now have a reasonable level of protection - provided we choose to use it, its time to get on with life.

Exactly.

9 hours ago, Stargeezr said:

Did any of you posters notice in the picture, the people were all Thais and they were all wearing their masks properly.

I doubt that a crowd of expats would look the same, as so many just, boo hoo, cannot wear those uncomfortable

masks, or if they do,  the mask is beneath their noses.  Just  Saying...

Every day I see just as many Thais not wearing masks as I do foreigners not  wearing masks. Not really a big deal anymore anyway.

4 hours ago, Daithi85 said:

Every day I see just as many Thais not wearing masks as I do foreigners not  wearing masks. Not really a big deal anymore anyway.

Where is this? Not the case in and around Pattaya...... Thais still wear masks mostly, foreigners less so..... obviously a sizeable number of foreigners around here. 

• Like 1

On 2/19/2022 at 11:20 AM, Cherrytreeview said:

I can't help you if you can't understand the mathematical superior percentages of the UK's vaccination campaign versus Thailand.

They are simple mathematical facts.

What point are you trying to make?

Do you even know yourself?

Bill Gates said yesterday, they are now more vaccines available then what is actually needed and that natural immunity is best.....however they still have alot of stock left which i guess is still being pushed to those countries that will still take it.

Listen here and even Bill is upset that the vaccines are not really needed.

The point i am making is that there is very little difference between the amount of people whom are considered fully vaccinated with the UK and Thailand (Both well ahead of what was deemed enough to stop the spread)

However then you add Africa's figures and the whole model falls apart.....less than 10% full vaccinated and the hospitals are certainly nut full or health capacity pushed to the edge (also take into account the countries dont have the facilities we have)

Look at the UK we are ending all restrictions on Thursday, even if you have covid you dont have to self isolate.

So now the difference between UK and Thailand is even more similar taken into account Africas figures busting the theroies apart, yet UK and Thailand are miles apart in terms of restirctions imposed on their citizens.

20 minutes ago, ed strong said:

Bill Gates said yesterday, they are now more vaccines available then what is actually needed and that natural immunity is best.....however they still have alot of stock left which i guess is still being pushed to those countries that will still take it.

Listen here and even Bill is upset that the vaccines are not really needed.

The point i am making is that there is very little difference between the amount of people whom are considered fully vaccinated with the UK and Thailand (Both well ahead of what was deemed enough to stop the spread)

However then you add Africa's figures and the whole model falls apart.....less than 10% full vaccinated and the hospitals are certainly nut full or health capacity pushed to the edge (also take into account the countries dont have the facilities we have)

Look at the UK we are ending all restrictions on Thursday, even if you have covid you dont have to self isolate.

So now the difference between UK and Thailand is even more similar taken into account Africas figures busting the theroies apart, yet UK and Thailand are miles apart in terms of restirctions imposed on their citizens.

Thailand has 26% of it's population boosted, UK has nearly 70%.

I think you might find that's why the UK has cases and hospitalisations going down and Thailand has them going up.

https://www.bmj.com/content/375/bmj.n3079

The UK made a huge effort on boosters, Thailand didn't.

Edited by Cherrytreeview
Edit

Bill gates has said omnicron has been better than the vaccine.

He states that in African countries that 80% of people have been exposed to COVID through vaccine or catching it.

Remember South Africa was the first country to say that this variant wasn't as serious.

Omnicron is a upper respiratory illness as opposed to delta which was lower so let's stop counting and this will all just go away.

• Confused 2

1 hour ago, Cherrytreeview said:

Thailand has 26% of it's population boosted, UK has nearly 70%.

I think you might find that's why the UK has cases and hospitalisations going down and Thailand has them going up.

https://www.bmj.com/content/375/bmj.n3079

The UK made a huge effort on boosters, Thailand didn't.

Typical, you change the parameter when the information provided doesnt tally with your on beliefs!

No one mentioned boosted we were discussing vaccinated i.e two shots.

Anyway even your booster disparities still doesn't relate to Africa or Bangladesh for eg

37 minutes ago, ed strong said:

Typical, you change the parameter when the information provided doesnt tally with your on beliefs!

No one mentioned boosted we were discussing vaccinated i.e two shots.

Anyway even your booster disparities still doesn't relate to Africa or Bangladesh for eg

Typically you don't acknowledge the effect the developed worlds booster campaign has had.

https://www.england.nhs.uk/2021/12/more-than-three-quarters-of-eligible-adults-boosted-by-new-years-eve/

You don't like facts.

Thailand is a backward basket case when it comes to it's covid response.

Schools closed and local governors panicking at the first signs of increased infections.

Infection risk raised to level 4.

https://www.thaipbsworld.com/covid-infection-risk-raised-back-to-level-4-in-thailand

The UK officially makes Covid endemic today.

I am interested in Thailand and the UK.

Red herrings like Africa are of no interest.

Edited by Cherrytreeview
Edit

1 hour ago, Cherrytreeview said:

Typically you don't acknowledge the effect the developed worlds booster campaign has had.

https://www.england.nhs.uk/2021/12/more-than-three-quarters-of-eligible-adults-boosted-by-new-years-eve/

You don't like facts.

Thailand is a backward basket case when it comes to it's covid response.

Schools closed and local governors panicking at the first signs of increased infections.

Infection risk raised to level 4.

https://www.thaipbsworld.com/covid-infection-risk-raised-back-to-level-4-in-thailand

The UK officially makes Covid endemic today.

I am interested in Thailand and the UK.

Red herrings like Africa are of no interest.

Thailand is a backward basket case as you put it. Agree with you there.

'Red Herrings like Africa are of no interest' However, that's nearly 17% of the worlds population!

But you choose to ignore it lol!!!!

39 minutes ago, ed strong said:

Thailand is a backward basket case as you put it. Agree with you there.

'Red Herrings like Africa are of no interest' However, that's nearly 17% of the worlds population!

But you choose to ignore it lol!!!!

And about 3% of global GDP.

You left that bit out.

LOL.

On 2/18/2022 at 8:10 PM, possum1931 said:

They just don't want this pandemic/endemic to stop as that would mean no brown envelopes from hotels, hospitals and pharmacies, and not forgetting all the student protests that will start up again.

Well sure. The whole Covid Era has been one big magnificent ruse - worldwide. 

As many circles are just learning of the long standing connivery - jing jing......

• Like 1

And here we go. The "I am the toughest" madness starts.

Buriram: shutdown of all(?) entertainment business.

Khon Kaen: alcohol prohibited in restaurants aka. no alcohol in any establishment.

What a nice contrast to the planned easing of entry rules.

Now shutdown Bangkok, Pattaya and Phuket and enjoy the silence?

Madhouse.

Edited by KhunBENQ