Online booking for annual visa renewal in Bkk

Is this the site you went to for the appointment? 

https://outlook.office365.com/owa/calendar/ImmigrationOfficeGovernmentComplexChaengWattanaRd@imm1division.onmicrosoft.com/bookings/

When I checked that site I found that first appointment available is on March 7th.

Appointment are not mandatory at Chaeng Wattana. You can just walk in to do it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, webcrawler00 said:

Yes that’s the same site. I’m amazed they are fully booked until March 7. I’ll just go and spend the day waiting and waiting. Thanks. 

AFAIK, there are only six slots per day each for retirement (6) and marriage (6) so they sell out quickly.

When the new system first popped in early December there were a lot more slots per day for retirement, I think they were at 15 minute intervals. Marriage was six ooer day from the beginning.

Current booking window is ~ -30 days, so 23 March is the farthest out date you can book today. Maybe they'll expand that, or add more slots for retirement?

4 hours ago, mtls2005 said:

AFAIK, there are only six slots per day each for retirement (6) and marriage (6) so they sell out quickly.

When the new system first popped in early December there were a lot more slots per day for retirement, I think they were at 15 minute intervals. Marriage was six ooer day from the beginning.

Current booking window is ~ -30 days, so 23 March is the farthest out date you can book today. Maybe they'll expand that, or add more slots for retirement?

It's very strange. Back when they had the previous appointment system, there were retirement slots every 15 minutes, all day.

Then they announced that appointments would become mandatory (the starting date was supposed to be July 2021, I think), and shortly after that the appointment function was taken down completely in reaction to a data leak, and the mandatory appointment idea was never mentioned again.

A couple of months ago the appointment system reappeared in a different form, but didn't include Bangkok. A bit later, Bangkok began using it as well, but with the absurdly small number of non-O extension slots that you mentioned - and no explanation of why they would want to keep the number so low.

Over at MTT, meanwhile, there are appointment slots for 90 day reporting every five minutes throughout the day.

Go figure.