Another : Can't log in at Lazada topic.

FlorC

Shopee's latest cunning move seems to be that you can only really function using the app.

You log on online and try to check your order, it tells you to download the app and use that.

So you do (or rather you try) using a Thai number, calling in Thailand and (this is the really cunning bit) it tells you that the Shopee Th app is not available in your country!

Absolute genius!

• Like 1

I sign in LAZ using laptop/Chrome.  From bookmark bar:

Click on LAZ icon, opens

Click on sign in, sec. check comes up, ask to pick one, I ignore and

Click on LAZ icon again in bookmark bar

Click on sign in.  LAZ opens

• 1 month later...

This issue started yesterday for me.  The issue started when I foolishly tried to log in from my phone, instead of my computer.  Got the login "security" options.  Got logged in fine now from the phone, but now the computer won't.  Logs in and sends email fine IF from a phone, but never sends email on the computer, or SMS.  SOLUTION:  (sorta)  Click the SEND button after you first click the email box (it never emailed me, and SMS never SMS'd).  For some reason, that email with 6 digit code sends, and it logs you in, but once.  When I log out, the entire stupid scenario starts again.  Laz chat help just wants a screenshot.  OMG.

On 3/23/2022 at 9:15 AM, KhunLA said:

Click on LAZ icon, opens

If you are using W11, once you are logged into Lazada, or ANY site for that matter, hit Alt F, go to the list which opens on the right, hit Apps, and you can then install that page as an App., set up a Start or Desktop icon, and that's it.

18 minutes ago, fdsa said:

Lazada became a pile of <fertilizer> after they were bought by the Aliexpress/Alibaba.

Just use Shopee - it has lower fees thus lower prices and an _actually working_ search engine.

Shopee app? for me has less search results everytime, delivery fee is higher, much of the text isn't translated

On 2/27/2022 at 11:58 AM, illiterate said:

Login in incognito mode or similar. Lazada sux anyway switch to shopee 

You are right about Lazada, they are the worst company I have ever dealt with in my life, always problems signing in, cheating sellers, telling you an item is out of stock then another seller having it and almost doubling it's price.

One item in particular that I have been buying for years, price 125Bt, now 235Bt.

On 4/23/2022 at 1:50 PM, scubascuba3 said:

Shopee app? for me has less search results everytime, delivery fee is higher, much of the text isn't translated

website of course, I do not use any "apps" as I value my and my friends' privacy.

On 3/23/2022 at 9:15 AM, KhunLA said:

Click on LAZ icon, opens

Thanks

I'm techie and computer savvy but no expert in web technology. I too found myself in a new era of receiving Lazada authentication requests that led to nowhere when trying to login. I found that I could always login if I followed the 'forgotten password' route. Lazada would then send me the email verification code which, it would then process and allow me to continue, after it forced me to reset my password.

This looked like a cookies problem and given that I clear cookies on browser exit (Firefox) seemed likely. I installed some browser addons to inspect resident cookies and manage them by whitelisting and it would appear that a Lazada login does not tolerate a 'clean slate' and expects the cookies from the last successful login to be present. My take on this is Lazada wants to know who is using the website even without login and making a purchase.

My personal solution is clumsy, I have exported the Lazada login cookies to a file and import them when I want buy something. This may have limited mileage as cookies have expiration dates. It's just me, I regularly purge web data (using an addon) and have my regular web pages loading into unique Firefox containers. All a bit tin hat but I feel if I don't have the options to control the usage of my data it's because they don't want to risk me saying - no thanks.

• Thanks 1

On 2/23/2022 at 6:24 PM, FlorC said:

Security allerts come to my mail address, but no verification code.

I had this problem. I did eventually get my account unblocked after contacting them but by then I had switched to Shopee and stayed there. I also sent them choice pictures of buffalo looking at their most stupid and hinted that was what online shops who locked customers out of their account were. Whether that helped or hindered I don't know.

Edited by mokwit