Assault on Kiev: Russian helicopters swoop above Ukraine's capital

Chris.B

2 hours ago, Hummin said:

I do not believe Syrian soldier will manage the clima, and making war on a foreign soil. What would the motivation be? Defending their position in their home country is different than invading another country, and as said with different clima and culture, They will not last long. 

Chechens is a different story, as well Wagner, but those soldiers will have more priviligies than normal soldiers.

Putin will have to withdraw, can not see any other solution. 

Horrible escalating the last week's. Tragic

I hope you're right but according to a western diplomat based in Damascus a first contingent of 300 Syrians have already left for Russia for military training before going to Ukraine, 1,000's more are being recruited. This was a report from 5 days ago.

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/03/31/world/middleeast/syrian-mercenaries-ukraine-russia.html

10 minutes ago, Hellfire said:

I will tell you the truth about Chechens. Deep inside, every Chechen hate Russians and Putin personally more than anybody else. I mean, even Kadyrov’s collaborates have the same feelings deep inside. They may pretend they are ready to die for Putin - but it is just a mask. They will never forget Kremlin for what they have done to their people. Don’t expect these people die for Putin - this will never happen. Until now, there was not a single case of Chechens taking part in any serious operation in Ukraine. But instead, you can find them on Instagram, where they pose constantly in their uniform (much better one than the regular Russian soldiers wear) and the guns. They are already named the Kadyrov’s Instagram army. 
The Russians should not count on Chechens in any way and I think Putin knows this very well and just uses Chechens for the propaganda purposes.  The moment something serious changes in Kremlin - the Chechens will be first to start a new war for their independence.

Chechens are diversed in large numbers, and enjoy priviligies as long Ramzan Kadyrov are in power. At once or eventually he is removed they are the Quislings that will be tracked down and prosecuted.

They motivation is to keep their relations to Russia.

Just now, Bkk Brian said:

I hope you're right but according to a western diplomat based in Damascus a first contingent of 300 Syrians have already left for Russia for military training before going to Ukraine, 1,000's more are being recruited. This was a report from 5 days ago.

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/03/31/world/middleeast/syrian-mercenaries-ukraine-russia.html

Time will show if it's just propaganda to create more fear on Ukrainian side. To much information floating around. Because of the spring coming, Russians need to withdraw, and can not move further on, and the question is, what will they gain to keep lines that is not secured? 

We will see more bombings, killings where they use burned soil tactic same as Germans did when they withdraw from Northern Norway. Leaving nothing behind.

2 hours ago, rudi49jr said:

Very scary stuff. This is the official Kremlin line and it shows that they have gone completely off the deep end, insane doesn’t even begin to describe it:

https://ccl.org.ua/en/news/ria-novosti-has-clarified-russias-plans-vis-a-vis-ukraine-and-the-rest-of-the-free-world-in-a-program-like-article-what-russia-should-do-with-ukraine-2/

From the people tossing the bodies of murdered civilians into mass graves.

How Putin lost the plot had me think back about the scenarios used in some movies around the year 2000, about evil, crazy nostalgic Russian generals wanting to revive the Soviet Union by starting the 3rd world war, using nuclear weapons.

At the time I thought that was completely unrealistic, that the Russians would NEVER do such a thing ... and look now.

Putin is exactly that.

A colonel who wants to revive the USSR.

The film stories hit close to home.

It's a stretch, but I don't own much things in Thailand, and all my family's possessions risk irradiation if Poo-Tin launches his rockets ????

Edited by tgw
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

Moscow’s U.N. ambassador, Vassily Nebenzia, said that while Bucha was under Russian control, “not a single local person has suffered from any violent action.” Reiterating what the Kremlin has contended for days, he said that video footage of bodies in the streets was “a crude forgery” staged by the Ukrainians.

“You only saw what they showed you,” he said. “The only ones who would fall for this are Western dilettantes.”

https://apnews.com/article/russia-ukraine-putin-zelenskyy-biden-business-1b84b61ca7b7bf3c31bb856845269efd

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Bodies of dead Russian soldiers piled high, war loot seen in Sumy

More than 400 were executed by Russia’s soldiers in Bucha, in actions branded as “genocide” by international observers.

https://www.news.com.au/world/europe/bodies-of-dead-russian-soldiers-piled-high-war-loot-seen-in-sumy/news-story/e0832e7eda39c5a0d79b92b9177b859d

• Sad 3

This what has allegedly  occurred to peace negotiators, no doubt done in "good faith" as some would claim.

Putin’s poisonous past: Why Russia always poisons its enemies

https://www.news.com.au/world/europe/putins-poisonous-past-why-russia-always-poisons-its-enemies/news-story/00bd891e741f08a348178bac091304d1

1 hour ago, sammieuk1 said:

Its obvious to a blind man now supply Ukraine with every conceivable weapon they request including planes then simply deny it play the Russian game ????  

or pretend instead that Russia supplied the F-16 to make it look like the USA supplied them ...

there are no limits to Russian bad faith

As gruesome videos and photos of bodies emerge from the Kyiv suburb of Bucha, Kremlin-backed media are denouncing them as an elaborate hoax — a narrative that journalists in Ukraine have shown to be false.

Denouncing news as fake or spreading false reports to sow confusion and undermine its adversaries are tactics that Moscow has used for years and refined with the advent of social media in places like Syria.

In detailed broadcasts to millions of viewers, correspondents and hosts of Russian state TV channels said Tuesday that some photo and video evidence of the killings were fake while others showed that Ukrainians were responsible for the bloodshed.

https://apnews.com/article/russia-ukraine-kyiv-business-media-facebook-21d36ea4370bab98b1cc93baa0815dd8

42 minutes ago, Chris.B said:

Czech Republic T-72 tanks sent to Ukraine

Daily Mail

The Czech Republic has become the first NATO country to send tanks to Ukraine, providing T-72 and armoured infantry vehicles following President Zelensky's plea for help (pictured, tanks loaded on a train bound for Ukraine on Tuesday)

(pictured, tanks loaded on a train bound for Ukraine on Tuesday)

I don't get published stuff like this I take it Russia doesn't know this. 

How will they get over the border into Ukraine. ?

• Confused 1

3 hours ago, ozimoron said:

As gruesome videos and photos of bodies emerge from the Kyiv suburb of Bucha, Kremlin-backed media are denouncing them as an elaborate hoax — a narrative that journalists in Ukraine have shown to be false.

Denouncing news as fake or spreading false reports to sow confusion and undermine its adversaries are tactics that Moscow has used for years and refined with the advent of social media in places like Syria.

In detailed broadcasts to millions of viewers, correspondents and hosts of Russian state TV channels said Tuesday that some photo and video evidence of the killings were fake while others showed that Ukrainians were responsible for the bloodshed.

https://apnews.com/article/russia-ukraine-kyiv-business-media-facebook-21d36ea4370bab98b1cc93baa0815dd8

Even the (nutbag) leader of a right-wing political party in The Netherlands, that has 8 seats in the Dutch parliament, called the news that came out of Bucha, and is still coming out, fake news. Putin has stooges all over Europe, and they won’t hesitate to defend everything Putin/Russia does. They live in their own little fact free world.
In many ways they remind me of the communist parties in the West, which also for a very long time slavishly and blindly followed the Kremlin line, no matter how many people Stalin and his successors killed, tortured or locked up in the Soviet Union.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Kwasaki said:

I don't get published stuff like this I take it Russia doesn't know this. 

How will they get over the border into Ukraine. ?

Probably detrain near the border and drive 'em across in small groups at night.

There are quite a few road crossings.

• Like 2