Assault on Kiev: Russian helicopters swoop above Ukraine's capital

Chris.B

1 hour ago, 2 is 1 said:

Statement by Commission President von der Leyen following the announcement by Gazprom on the disruption of gas deliveries to certain EU Member States

https://ec.europa.eu/commission/presscorner/detail/en/statement_22_2682

Gazprom claims that 10 European countries opened accounts in russia to be able to pay in rubles.

That's a bit weird since that would be against the sanctions, so I'm looking forward to see which European countries they are talking about 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Virt said:

Gazprom claims that 10 European countries opened accounts in russia to be able to pay in rubles.

That's a bit weird since that would be against the sanctions, so I'm looking forward to see which European countries they are talking about 

Read that but I'm not convinced its true at least I hope not, its in Bloomberg and the source is "a according to a person close to Russian gas giant Gazprom PJSC." Its also in Russian TASS news although they both say "Ten European companies" not sure if you can have more than one oil company per country?

If true then my guess would be Hungary, Austria, Swiss and Germany?

10 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Read that but I'm not convinced its true at least I hope not, its in Bloomberg and the source is "a according to a person close to Russian gas giant Gazprom PJSC." Its also in Russian TASS news although they both say "Ten European companies" not sure if you can have more than one oil company per country?

If true then my guess would be Hungary, Austria, Swiss and Germany?

I can't imagine Germany would go against their own sanctions.

They might have to since they are so dependant on Russian energy but it wouldn't best popular decision.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Virt said:

Many country like Germany is dependent on that gas. They have been too lazy to chance where get they energy. Russian oil and gas has been more cheap and easy to get. Now western should start to watch where tanker's move from Russians oil port's. Even before many oligarch sell that secretly under market price and put money in own pocket. Think if sell even one tanker whitch has like 150000 ton of oil and put that money own pocket. 1 ton is 7.49 barrel oil so 150000 times 7.49 = 1123500 barrel of oil. Special offer just for you 10 dollar under market/barrel! Now 90 dollar times 1123500! Easy 100 million dollar in own pocket. This happen all the time in Russia before and its happen now also.

30 minutes ago, tgw said:

Interview of a Soldier defending Rubizhne, which was wrongly reported "liberated" by Russian media.

Interesting video to see what the young man 'Skipper' had to say......................................

On 4/27/2022 at 5:47 AM, Virt said:

All of the EU countries use russian energy and has been for a long time.

Which is sadly why we just can't shut off all oil, gas and coal from russia.

Many factories in Europe would have to stop production and that would mean tens of millions of lost jobs,

and the economy would go south and the inflation would explode even more.

In 2020 40% of the EU gas came from russia.

25-30% of all oil used in the EU in 2020 came from russia.

Several politicians in Europe has warned for years about being dependent on russian energy,

but many EU politicians simply just closed their ears and said it was scare mongering.

Now we learn what it means to be dependent on russian energy.

In the future EU might stop importing russian energy, and that energy will instead go to China, India and Asia,

but for now EU are pretty much painted into a corner when it comes to russian energy.

Russia has cut gas supplies to Poland and Bulgaria ( on Al Jazeera it was said because they wouldn't pay in roubles ). It might be a tad more urgent to find alternate sources of supply for Europe if they continue to supply weapons to Ukraine.

Am I the only one that thinks aiding an enemy of the country that is providing something of major importance is not going to have consequences?

BTW, so much for the posters a while back that were saying Russia would not cut gas supply to Europe if they didn't pay in roubles.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Push Russia out of whole of Ukraine, says Truss

She said Western allies must "double down" in their support for Ukraine.

"We will keep going further and faster," Ms Truss said, "to push Russia out of the whole of Ukraine."

This implies that Russian forces must leave not just the territory occupied in recent weeks since their invasion on 24 February but also those areas they invaded and annexed eight years ago, such as Crimea in the south and parts of the eastern Donbas region.

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-61251698

• Like 2

Lots of rumours circulating that the 9th May Victory Day in Russia will be the day that Putin announces a full scale war and that Russia will also be at war with Nato.

With Putin's latest threats . Any country trying to intervene in the Ukraine war will face a "lightning-fast" response, Russian President Vladimir Putin has warned.

"We have all the tools no-one can boast of... we will use them if necessary", he said, in what is seen as a reference to ballistic missiles and nuclear arms.

Together with the heightened threats on state TV, the odds are stacking up.

Putin’s Stooges: He May Nuke Us All but We Are Ready to Die

In recent days, Russian state media has been hyping up the same rhetoric, bombarding audiences with jarring declarations that World War III is imminent. Every major channel is promoting the idea of an inevitable, never-before-seen escalation over Russia’s invasion of Ukraine, which is being portrayed as a war waged against the Kremlin by the collective West. Patriotic citizens are now being primed for the idea that even the worst outcome is a good thing, because those dying for the motherland will skyrocket to paradise.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/russian-state-tv-vladimir-putin-may-start-a-nuclear-war-but-we-are-ready-to-die

1 hour ago, Bkk Brian said:

Lots of rumours circulating that the 9th May Victory Day in Russia will be the day that Putin announces a full scale war and that Russia will also be at war with Nato.

With Putin's latest threats . Any country trying to intervene in the Ukraine war will face a "lightning-fast" response, Russian President Vladimir Putin has warned.

"We have all the tools no-one can boast of... we will use them if necessary", he said, in what is seen as a reference to ballistic missiles and nuclear arms.

Together with the heightened threats on state TV, the odds are stacking up.

Putin’s Stooges: He May Nuke Us All but We Are Ready to Die

In recent days, Russian state media has been hyping up the same rhetoric, bombarding audiences with jarring declarations that World War III is imminent. Every major channel is promoting the idea of an inevitable, never-before-seen escalation over Russia’s invasion of Ukraine, which is being portrayed as a war waged against the Kremlin by the collective West. Patriotic citizens are now being primed for the idea that even the worst outcome is a good thing, because those dying for the motherland will skyrocket to paradise.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/russian-state-tv-vladimir-putin-may-start-a-nuclear-war-but-we-are-ready-to-die

The significant word in all that is "RUMOURS"!

Perhaps aliens from the planet Zog will invade planet earth and turn us all into batteries, but till it happens it's not true.

• Like 1