Assault on Kiev: Russian helicopters swoop above Ukraine's capital

Chris.B

49 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Yesterdays release by the Pentagon of the Military equipment already sent to Ukraine.............. thats without the new $40 billion aid just announced.

image.png.2b3c05a720edad29603b67febea2cffb.png

https://www.defense.gov/News/Releases/Release/Article/3027295/fact-sheet-on-us-security-assistance-for-ukraine/

This will be on Putin's desk now with his Generals reading it. They will be wondering how they can ever counter this as their own weapon supplies run short.

Edited by Chris.B
  • Like 1

41 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

First Russian military to stand trial for killing a civilian in Sumy region - Prosecutor General Irina Venediktova The investigation established that on February 28, 2022. — this 21-year-old Russian military man killed an unarmed resident of the Chupakhivka village in the Sumy region, who was driving a bicycle along the side of the road. He faces 10 to 15 years in prison.

What is his name and address?

Shocking footage just unearthed of Russian troops murdering civilians:

Surveillance video shows Russian forces shooting civilians

New surveillance video obtained by CNN shows Russian soldiers shooting two civilians in the back, providing a stark example of a potential war crime by

https://edition.cnn.com/videos/world/2022/05/11/surveillance-video-russian-forces-sidner-pkg-lead-vpx.cnn

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

37 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Shocking footage just unearthed of Russian troops murdering civilians:

Surveillance video shows Russian forces shooting civilians

New surveillance video obtained by CNN shows Russian soldiers shooting two civilians in the back, providing a stark example of a potential war crime by

https://edition.cnn.com/videos/world/2022/05/11/surveillance-video-russian-forces-sidner-pkg-lead-vpx.cnn

I guess this happened hundredfold, sadly.

• Like 2

With all the equipment and weapons etc Ukraine is receiving it's a shame they cannot launch an offensive to get the brave soldiers out trapped in Marapol steelworks.

In negotiations Russia doesn't sound like they will except anything other than surrender.

13 minutes ago, Kwasaki said:

With all the equipment and weapons etc Ukraine is receiving it's a shame they cannot launch an offensive to get the brave soldiers out trapped in Marapol steelworks.

In negotiations Russia doesn't sound like they will except anything other than surrender.

Maybe they are waiting for you to come up with a feasible rescue plan? ????

• Haha 2

28 minutes ago, Kwasaki said:

No they won't so the war must continue.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Jingthing said:

No they won't so the war must continue.

The Russians still think they are a great, superpower. ???? 

They think they can still make demands but they have shown they are a paper tiger. Their destiny is to be pushed back to their own borders.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Chris.B said:

The Russians still think they are a great, superpower. ???? 

They think they can still make demands but they have shown they are a paper tiger. Their destiny is to be pushed back to their own borders.

Their destiny is to be shown up, which has already happened...

Finland's leaders announce intention to join NATO

Finland's president and prime minister have said the country must submit an application to join NATO within days, dramatically ramping up tensions between Russia and the West. 

President Sauli Niinisto and prime minister Sanna Marin made a joint statement today saying they will join the security alliance 'without delay', despite Kremlin threats it would secure 'the entire destruction' of the country and 'the most undesirable consequences'.  Daily Mail

Does Finland have a powerful military?

Finland's official policy states that a wartime military strength of 280,000 personnel constitutes a sufficient deterrent. The army consists of a highly mobile field army backed up by local defence units.

Edited by Chris.B
  • Like 2

51 minutes ago, farmerjo said:

What's the news on Ukraine slowing Russia's gas supply to EU.

The news is that the Ukraine has shut down one entry point in the east because of Russian soldiers interfering with the operation of the system there. How did you manage not to know that but knew that the Ukraine was slowing delivery to the EU? That's a remarkable feat of knowledge blindness.

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, placeholder said:

The news is that the Ukraine has shut down one entry point in the east because of Russian soldiers interfering with the operation of the system there. How did you manage not to know that but knew that the Ukraine was slowing delivery to the EU? That's a remarkable feat of knowledge blindness.

Thanks,i saw the sub headline on bbc earlier today but nothing else came up about it.

1 hour ago, Kwasaki said:

Asking google about the Marapol steelworks fighters seems like they have been abandoned.

they haven't been abandoned, but they are unreachable at the moment. too many Rashists around. Ukraine tries to negociate their evacuation, at least of the wounded.

Videos keep surfacing showing there still is fighting around the plant.

Edited by tgw
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Kwasaki said:

Asking google about the Marapol steelworks fighters seems like they have been abandoned.

I did advise as you asked. And nothing I found said that the Mariupol fighters have been abandoned by the rest of the Ukrainian army. I did see pleas for the Red cross and other international agencies to work out a cease fire with the Russians so that the wounded could be rescued. 

Exactly whose interests would a suicidal attack on Mariupol serve? I don't need Google to answer that question.

Obviously, a far more sensible question would be why those soldiers refuse to surrender? I asked Google and this is the answer that it provided me:

“We, all of the military personnel in the garrison of Mariupol, we have witnessed the war crimes performed by Russia, by the Russian army. We are witnesses,” said Ilya Samoilenko, an intelligence officer. “Surrender is not an option because Russia is not interested in our lives.”

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2022/5/8/ukrainian-fighters-in-azovstal-plant-vow-to-fight-till-the-end#:~:text=“We%2C all of the military,not interested in our lives.”

Edited by placeholder
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, placeholder said:

I did advise as you asked. And nothing I found said that the Mariupol fighters have been abandoned by the rest of the Ukrainian army. I did see pleas for the Red cross and other international agencies to work out a cease fire with the Russians so that the wounded could be rescued. 

Exactly whose interests would a suicidal attack on Mariupol serve? I don't need Google to answer that question.

Obviously, a far more sensible question would be why those soldiers refuse to surrender? I asked Google and this is the answer that it provided me:

“We, all of the military personnel in the garrison of Mariupol, we have witnessed the war crimes performed by Russia, by the Russian army. We are witnesses,” said Ilya Samoilenko, an intelligence officer. “Surrender is not an option because Russia is not interested in our lives.”

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2022/5/8/ukrainian-fighters-in-azovstal-plant-vow-to-fight-till-the-end#:~:text=“We%2C all of the military,not interested in our lives.”

image.png

There still abandoned what's wrong with you its pretty obvious.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

5 minutes ago, placeholder said:

I'm sure this comment of yours means something to you. I suspect not so much to the most of the rest of us. Do you understand what a search engine is?

I asked a constructive question and you went on to belittle me with your answer at the end,what do you expect.

I get my news mostly from bbc but after just watching a reporter report about the 1st war crime when she was showing russian tanks with a V on them,maybe i will google more.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, tgw said:

they haven't been abandoned, but they are unreachable at the moment. too many Rashists around. Ukraine tries to negociate their evacuation, at least of the wounded.

Videos keep surfacing showing there still is fighting around the plant.

Marapol steelworks soldiers they are doomed along with Ukraine unless the west stops mouthing off and actually does something. 

The one sided westen reports are pathetic IMHO get back to reality.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Kwasaki said:

There still abandoned what's wrong with you its pretty obvious.

The definition of abandoned is to be deserted or cast off. The Ukrainian armed forces didn't desert them or cast them off. They were cut off by the Russian armed forces. But even if I accept your assertion that they are abandoned, what's the solution to that? You seem to think that just by possessing weapons, the Ukrainian armed forces are obligated to go to the rescue of these soldiers even if the attempt suicidal. You're spouting nonsense.

• Sad 2