Assault on Kiev: Russian helicopters swoop above Ukraine's capital

Chris.B

2 minutes ago, Mavideol said:

appears it's still going.... doesn't look good for the Orc's

Russian units near Kherson negotiating surrender, Ukraine says

https://news.yahoo.com/russian-units-near-kherson-negotiating-111100694.html?fr=sycsrp_catchall

I hope it's true. I posted this news yesterday. But it's not a sure thing by any means. Could even be Ukrainian disinformation to get the Russian troops in Kherson to surrender.  Who knows?

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, placeholder said:

I hope it's true. I posted this news yesterday. But it's not a sure thing by any means. Could even be Ukrainian disinformation to get the Russian troops in Kherson to surrender.  Who knows?

sorry mate but it (my post) was updated a couple minutes later.... they surrender by raising the white flag

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, Mavideol said:

doesn't look good for the Orc's

Russian Troops Come Out To Surrender Under White Flags In Kherson Region

https://charter97.org/en/news/2022/9/2/513852/

Well that report is dated Sept 2, I haven't seen anything recent. And i've been obsessively searching for a lot of the past 24 hours for the good news.

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, placeholder said:

Well that report is dated Sept 2, I haven't seen anything recent. And i've been obsessively searching for a lot of the past 24 hours for the good news.

the report shows on the left side ( Хартыя_ 13 September 2022, Tuesday, 11:48 ) a different date

2 minutes ago, Mavideol said:

the report shows on the left side ( Хартыя_ 13 September 2022, Tuesday, 11:48 ) a different date

Well, I cllicked on that link. And the only reference I can see to Russians surrendering is to the same story about there being ongoing negotiations from spokeswomen Nataliya Humenyuk. That story is about a day old now. I'm not saying it's untrue but there's nothing new in the Sep 13 story about Russian soldiers surrendering to Ukrainian forces.

29 minutes ago, rudi49jr said:

It’s never a good idea to adopt the brutal methods (i.e. war crimes) of your opponent, and I’m sure those in command in the Ukrainian army will do anything to prevent that from happening. Show the world, and Russia in particular, that you can take prisoners of war and treat them according to the Geneva convention. 

In general I agree whole heartedly .... however,   it would be hard to refrain from being a nice guy if your brother or auntie or gf got shot in the back by these soldiers,  or if your sister was raped then shot ??

I couldn't refrain in that situation i'm afraid and I don't think most honest folks would.   Just saying ..... but it's a true circumstance. 

The Geneva covention didn't save your auntie or grandmother when she needed it most ....   see what I mean 

Edited by steven100

14 hours ago, Mavideol said:

sorry mate but it (my post) was updated a couple minutes later.... they surrender by raising the white flag

Where do you get that idea? A white flag indicates a "truce" ie no shooting and can be used for safe passage when negotiators are sent to talk with the opposing side.

While it is used when surrendering, a white flag does not mean surrender in and of itself.

7 hours ago, tgw said:

here is a good translation of Zelenskiy's Telegram post addressed to Ruzzians:

Do you (Ruzzians) still think that we are ‘one nation?’ Do you still think that you can scare us, break us, make us make concessions?

You really did not understand anything? Don’t you understand who we are? What are we for? What are we talking about?

Read my lips:

Without gas or without you? Without you.

Without light or without you? Without you.

Without water or without you? Without you.

Without food or without you? Without you.

Cold, hunger, darkness and thirst are not as scary and deadly for us as your ‘friendship and brotherhood’

But history will put everything in its place. And we will be with gas, light, water and food … and WITHOUT you !

A shortened meme version:

image.png.cbd7c346a1874ef928ca0cfd3df553b0.png

• Thumbs Up 1