Assault on Kiev: Russian helicopters swoop above Ukraine's capital

Chris.B

1 hour ago, BarraMarra said:

All his threats mean nothing he is in serious trouble and it's only a matter of time before he is toppled. What doe's a bully do when someone squares up to him? runs away shouting threats about what he is going to do. As for his Troops well they can't even supply them with socks. 

he's (Vlad) starting to play the victim on all the new reports, it's the west who did this and that and all because the west didn't respect Russia,

No need' for nuclear strikes on Ukraine, Putin says

https://www.9news.com.au/world/russia-ukraine-vladimir-putin-says-kremlin-not-intending-to-use-nuclear-weapons/7ab0234c-cadb-41f9-b8c2-05305c1eb464

Russia’s Putin says he has no intention of using nuclear weapons in Ukraine

https://www.syracuse.com/us-news/2022/10/russias-putin-says-he-has-no-intention-of-using-nuclear-weapons-in-ukraine.html

43 minutes ago, Mavideol said:

not long ago Putin did say that he was not bluffing about using nuclear weapons in Ukraine but yesterday he said the he "never" said that, if I remember correctly, back February 2022, he also said that he was not invading Ukraine, he just wants to be respected and for the west to believe him 555

Sep 21, 2022, 3:34 PM

Putin threatens to use nuclear weapons as he escalates his invasion of Ukraine: 'This is not a bluff'

https://www.businessinsider.com/putin-threatens-nuclear-weapons-over-ukraine-says-not-bluffing-2022-9

yesterday 10/27/22 12:43 PM ET

Putin: Russia has no plans to use nuclear weapons in Ukraine

https://thehill.com/policy/international/3707948-putin-russia-has-no-plans-to-use-nuclear-weapons-in-ukraine/

just don’t know how he kept a straight face in that speech yesterday. While Russia is still denying they are using Iranian drones, yet they are being shot down daily.

• Thumbs Up 2

21 minutes ago, coolcarer said:

just don’t know how he kept a straight face in that speech yesterday. While Russia is still denying they are using Iranian drones, yet they are being shot down daily.

Russian way.... denying for them is telling the truth 555

• Like 1

Here we go again...............more nonsense 

US and allies condemn Russia for wasting UN security council time on bioweapons claims – video

"The United States and its allies slammed Russia for wasting the time of the UN Security Council and spreading conspiracies by again raising its accusation that the US has ‘military biological programs’ in Ukraine.

‘How much more of this nonsense do we have to endure?’ UK’s ambassador to the UN, Barbara Woodward, asked the council.

Russia has previously raised at least twice at the Security Council the issue of biological weapons programs in Ukraine – both Washington and Kyiv say they do not exist. Russia is now pushing for a formal inquiry"

https://www.theguardian.com/world/video/2022/oct/28/us-allies-condemn-russia-wasting-un-security-council-time-bioweapons-video

Edited by Bkk Brian
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

16 hours ago, Bkk Brian said:

Here we go again...............more nonsense 

US and allies condemn Russia for wasting UN security council time on bioweapons claims – video

"The United States and its allies slammed Russia for wasting the time of the UN Security Council and spreading conspiracies by again raising its accusation that the US has ‘military biological programs’ in Ukraine.

‘How much more of this nonsense do we have to endure?’ UK’s ambassador to the UN, Barbara Woodward, asked the council.

Russia has previously raised at least twice at the Security Council the issue of biological weapons programs in Ukraine – both Washington and Kyiv say they do not exist. Russia is now pushing for a formal inquiry"

https://www.theguardian.com/world/video/2022/oct/28/us-allies-condemn-russia-wasting-un-security-council-time-bioweapons-video

Just kick them out of the UN.

• Like 1
  • Love It 1

Because countries like Russia and Syria prefer to keep their Atrocities under their chests. Is it not better for the UN to Condemn Putin's troops for Rape and Torture being committed in Ukraine or keep it hush hush like Putin wants to do.

Edited by BarraMarra
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

10 minutes ago, rudi49jr said:

Seriously? You are asking these questions while defending a country that invaded another sovereign nation? 

I don’t recall defending any country that invaded another. If you are referring to Russia, all I’m saying is that Russia saw NATO’s expansion as an existential threat and warned NATO numerous times over numerous years about continued expansion. I believe that the US instigated the war in Ukraine as a means of weakening Russia (US has a long history of fighting proxy wars) and if successful, will do the same with China (the writing is already on the wall with granny’s visit to Taiwan).

NATO also wants to expand to Indopac. North Atlantic Treaty Organisation; see the irony?

My belief is based on observation, common sense and independent research. Unfortunately these researches do not tie in with western narrative and will most likely not be allowed as reference. In any case, most posters on here would just dismiss it as nonsense as it doesn’t suit their narrative either (human nature).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gweiloman said:

Let them police themselves. Not my business. No one likes an interfering neighbour.

Your "observation, common sense and independent research" obviously missed Neighbourhood Watch where groups of civil-minded citizens welcomely interfere and help protect their neighbours and their property against criminals like your Putin.

Don't you have organisations like that in Russia?

Edited by LosLobo
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Gweiloman said:

Better yet, disband the UN. Totally useless and pointless organisation. My opinion.

pointless, useless, irrelevant  as I have been saying fro quite some time, UN has no power and no purpose as countries use it for political advantages and UN should be unpolitical

unpolitical
/ʌnpəˈlɪtɪkl/

adjective

• 1. not concerned with politics:

• Like 1

So if the UN is disbanded who would Police the baddies around the world Gweiloman? at least atrocities and Genocide  are being brought out at the UN.

the same ones that are doing it currently, Nobody

2 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Baiting much?

Sorry, but how am I baiting? This is a forum where members can share opinions. My opinion is that I think countries should mind their own business and not try to push their beliefs and values onto another, same like how we live in society. My neighbour is vegetarian, I’m a meat lover. Neither of us try to convert the other; that’s how we remain good neighbours with each other.

I’m not a fan of the UN, some are not fans of BRICS. It’s a free world, we can believe whatever we like.

Because countries like Russia and Syria prefer to keep their Atrocities under their chests. Is it not better for the UN to Condemn Putin's troops for Rape and Torture being committed in Ukraine or keep it hush hush like Putin wants to do.

how is Putin being punished if and big IF condemn... Putin laughs at the UN security council and yet HIS country is not a member of the UN

2 minutes ago, Mavideol said:

the same ones that are doing it currently, Nobody

To be fair its the UN security Council that is the major problem and the veto that Russia has, its used it more times than any other country. That's where it needs to be kicked out.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

Most members have seen what Russia is up to invading another country to steal its land and its assets Saddam did it in Kuwait and Argentina tried it on in the Falklands both were defeated. Would you prefer a country like Russia to invade a different country and steal, Loot, rape and murder their civilians or would you help that country to remove the threat.

37 minutes ago, Gweiloman said:

I don’t recall defending any country that invaded another. If you are referring to Russia, all I’m saying is that Russia saw NATO’s expansion as an existential threat and warned NATO numerous times over numerous years about continued expansion. I believe that the US instigated the war in Ukraine as a means of weakening Russia (US has a long history of fighting proxy wars) and if successful, will do the same with China (the writing is already on the wall with granny’s visit to Taiwan).

NATO also wants to expand to Indopac. North Atlantic Treaty Organisation; see the irony?

My belief is based on observation, common sense and independent research. Unfortunately these researches do not tie in with western narrative and will most likely not be allowed as reference. In any case, most posters on here would just dismiss it as nonsense as it doesn’t suit their narrative either (human nature).

now you pushing it to far, as you, I am not a fan of the UN on it's current status, the organization hasn't been updated for the past God knows how long, but saying the US instigated the war in Ukraine it's a long stretch, do you have any reliable source to support that

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

6 minutes ago, Gweiloman said:

Sorry, but how am I baiting? This is a forum where members can share opinions. My opinion is that I think countries should mind their own business and not try to push their beliefs and values onto another, same like how we live in society. My neighbour is vegetarian, I’m a meat lover. Neither of us try to convert the other; that’s how we remain good neighbours with each other.

I’m not a fan of the UN, some are not fans of BRICS. It’s a free world, we can believe whatever we like.

This is why you are baiting:

image.png.e3e96ffdc342a6616d4f0fc34237d700.png

You added your question as an edit after I had already replied, a dishonest method of debate.

27 minutes ago, Gweiloman said:

I don’t care what the UN says or thinks, thank you very much.

But maybe you can answer my question of what business is it of yours what another sovereign nation does? Would you be happy if I interfered in your marital or financial or social affairs?

You may like to ask about the starving People in countries in Africa that have no grain thanks to Russia stealing grain silos in Ukraine and transporting it to Russia, or parts of Europe freezing in the winter months due to Russia turning the gas off to Europe. So yes it does affect other Countries.

Just now, Gweiloman said:

Sadly, we all know which countries abuses UN the most for its own interests.

we may not agree on that either, based on past "unpunished"  activities in my humble opinion Vlad is on top of the list Chechen, Georgia, Syria, Venezuela, Burkina Farso, Congo, Mali, Crimea and so many more places whereby he committed atrocities, crimes against humanity and got away with it, not even a yellow card was shown, unfortunately the UN closed their eyes and so did the majority of the world and (in my humble) opinion that's why he proceeded with invading Ukraine, a simple mind as he is, he may have thought.... I have being doing as I pleased without any repercussions, I just keep going.... they will still buy my stuff and invest in my corrupted pariah country