Assault on Kiev: Russian helicopters swoop above Ukraine's capital

Chris.B

Traitors/Russian sympathizers are not easy to find lately... solution??? in shear desperation bring Siberians (more cannon meat feeders) down to Ukraine

Russians bring officials from Novosibirsk to temporarily occupied territories of Ukraine

https://www.yahoo.com/news/russians-bring-officials-novosibirsk-temporarily-111629931.html

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

The prospects for peace talks between Russia and Ukraine in the near future remain dim, António Guterres, the United Nations secretary general, said on Monday, adding that he expected the war to rage on as Moscow escalates its attacks on Ukraine’s already decimated infrastructure.

“I am not optimistic about the possibility of effective peace talks at the immediate future,” Mr. Guterres said in a year-end news conference. “I do believe that the military confrontation will go on, and I think we’ll have to still wait a moment in which serious negotiations for peace will be possible.”

^ The power company manager had barely begun explaining how his workmen were restoring service, when a residents’ representative from a nearby housing block interrupted to give thanks. Gesturing to the workmen repairing buried power lines, the middle-aged woman declared they were heroes.

“I want to say that all the workers of communal services, electric companies and others are all our soldiers: heroes in the rear,” she told the Telegraph, before walking off.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Black Ops said:

Re the Patriots, before anyone starts claiming it is a winner in the war, according to what I saw on Al Jazeera, one Patriot missile is 4 million US$ and one Iranian drone is 250,000 US$, so all Russia has to do is use up all the Patriot missiles in attacks with massed drones. Depends on how many new missiles the US is prepared to pay for, and from the 3rd of January the GOP control the money. Apparently they are somewhat reluctant to have a blank cheque policy for Ukraine.

There was a comparison with WW2 when the US loaned Britain weapons, which had to be paid for after the war, but I don't know if that is the same with Ukraine, or if the US taxpayer is going to pay.

Just now, thaibeachlovers said:

Re the Patriots, before anyone starts claiming it is a winner in the war, according to what I saw on Al Jazeera, one Patriot missile is 4 million US$ and one Iranian drone is 250,000 US$, so all Russia has to do is use up all the Patriot missiles in attacks with massed drones. Depends on how many new missiles the US is prepared to pay for, and from the 3rd of January the GOP control the money. Apparently they are somewhat reluctant to have a blank cheque policy for Ukraine.

There was a comparison with WW2 when the US loaned Britain weapons, which had to be paid for after the war, but I don't know if that is the same with Ukraine, or if the US taxpayer is going to pay.

I have read they won't be used against the drones for that reason unless they are protecting something vital. The US is concerned that Iranian made missiles will start arriving in Russia very soon.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

I have read they won't be used against the drones for that reason unless they are protecting something vital. The US is concerned that Iranian made missiles will start arriving in Russia very soon.

Something else to think about is that the US will not be manning the Patriots for obvious reasons, and the Ukrainians need to be trained. So now that the Russians know they have a window before the Patriots are functional they are IMO likely to launch even more drone and missile attacks on infrastructure, just as winter is getting really cold.

Given the offensive on Russians in the east seems to be stalled, the possibility of a winter offensive by the Russians and the possibility of a new front on the Belorussian border towards Kiev, it could be getting even worse for the Ukrainian people.

Edited by thaibeachlovers
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Something else to think about is that the US will not be manning the Patriots for obvious reasons, and the Ukrainians need to be trained. So now that the Russians know they have a window before the Patriots are functional they are IMO likely to launch even more drone and missile attacks on infrastructure, just as winter is getting really cold.

I just saw an interview on CNN where the guy said that they have likely already been trained in Germany.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

I just saw an interview on CNN where the guy said that they have likely already been trained in Germany.

Not according to the Ukrainian person ( I think an ex Ukrainian politician ) interviewed on Al Jazeera who was complaining that the training had not already taken place. However, we shall see in due course which version is correct.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Given the offensive on Russians in the east seems to be stalled, the possibility of a winter offensive by the Russians and the possibility of a new front on the Belorussian border towards Kiev, it could be getting even worse for the Ukrainian people.

Likely to launch more drones? Because they're not launching as many as they can now? How do you know that?