Assault on Kiev: Russian helicopters swoop above Ukraine's capital

Chris.B

Just now, Mavideol said:

Russia no longer using Crimean bridge to supply troops in Ukraine

Perhaps they have built alternative supply routes ?

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, johng said:

Perhaps they have built alternative supply routes ?

yes, indeed, through the UK  555

• Confused 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, johng said:

Kettle black.

you did open the door, I just walked in, no sense of humor, pity

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Agree 1

41 minutes ago, Mavideol said:

and while some keep unnecessarily arguing back and forth, Russians wet their pants and decided that safer better than sorry... 555

Satellite images show Russia no longer using Crimean bridge to supply troops in Ukraine

https://au.yahoo.com/news/satellite-images-show-russia-no-093811228.html

Yes, what a coincidence 

1) this story appears in the Independent, as opposed to the Guardian or the Telegraph or FT etc

2) this story appears not long after the UK Ambassador to Russia was summoned for a meeting 

https://uk.news.yahoo.com/russia-summons-uk-ambassador-lord-150100299.html?guccounter=1

After all, it’s not as if Russia said all targets in Ukraine AND BEYOND or that Russia is conducting drills with nukes…

• Confused 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

45 minutes ago, Mavideol said:

and they are trying to kill by any means the (little) one who stood up to them

Ukraine foils Russian assassination plot targeting Zelensky

https://au.yahoo.com/news/ukraine-foils-russian-assassination-plot-130440376.html

Ukraine said it. Must be true then. Those dastardly Russians.

In other news, https://www.theguardian.com/world/2023/feb/05/putin-promised-me-he-would-not-kill-zelenskiy-says-former-israeli-pm-naftali-bennett

Putin is a smart man. Killing Zelensky runs the risk of someone smart replacing Zelensky. When playing football, you don’t “take out” your opponent’s weakest player.

• Confused 5
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

Assault on Kiev: Russian helicopters swoop above Ukraine's capital

At the rate of the Russian accelerating advance, give this thread until around August or September and the title will be relevant again.  :wink:
That is if Europe (and the entire world for that matter) isn't one large smoking hole.  Well - you won't have to worry about "global warming" caused by cow farts after the first 24 hours as "nuclear winter" sets in.  After which everyone's visceral hatred for other ethnicity and nations they have been raised to hate since birth will be a completely moot point.  Ya'll be too busy fighting off your neighbors for a few grains of rice and some canned food.  "Hummm, where's my old CD of "A Boy And His Dog?"

So I'll leave you with Mark Twain's The War Prayer for all of you wishing Hell On Earth for your enemies whomever you have been told they may be.  Thank God for satirists like Mr Clemens whose words may have forestalled the end by a few years.

“Lord our Father, our young patriots, idols of our hearts, go forth into battle—be Thou near them! With them—in spirit—we also go forth from the sweet peace of our beloved firesides to smite the foe. O Lord our God, help us tear their soldiers to bloody shreds with our shells; help us to cover their smiling fields with the pale forms of their patriot dead; help us to drown the thunder of the guns with the shrieks of their wounded, writhing in pain; help us to lay waste their humble homes with a hurricane of fire; help us to wring the hearts of their unoffending widows with unavailing grief; help us to turn them out roofless with their little children to wander unfriended in the wastes of their desolated land in rags and hunger and thirst, sports of the sun flames in summer and the icy winds of winter, broken in spirit, worn with travail, imploring thee for the refuge of the grave and denied it—

For our sakes who adore Thee, Lord, blast their hopes, blight their lives, protract their bitter pilgrimmage, make heavy their steps, water their way with their tears, stain the white snow with the blood of their wounded feet!

We ask it, in the spirit of love, of Him Who is the Source of Love, and Who is the ever-faithful refuge and friend of all that are sore beset and seek His aid with humble and contrite hearts. Amen.

• Confused 4
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, Gweiloman said:

Ukraine said it. Must be true then. Those dastardly Russians.

In other news, https://www.theguardian.com/world/2023/feb/05/putin-promised-me-he-would-not-kill-zelenskiy-says-former-israeli-pm-naftali-bennett

Putin is a smart man. Killing Zelensky runs the risk of someone smart replacing Zelensky. When playing football, you don’t “take out” your opponent’s weakest player.

https://apnews.com/article/russia-ukrainian-president-wanted-arrest-warrant-zelenskyy-e9714751f2481575aaf8935b132e0f31

That means open season on him

14 hours ago, Seppius said:

Putin has an arrest warrant out for him. What does that mean?

7 EU countries sent representatives to his inauguration. Seems like they see the arrest warrant for what it is. A politically motivated move.

• Sad 1

17 hours ago, Mavideol said:

means that u made a silly comment, and you get an adequate answer, sorry if it's too much for you to understand subtle comments

please explain what was silly about my comment ?

your comments are not subtle they are  AES 256 bit encrypted

22 hours ago, Mavideol said:

you did open the door, I just walked in, no sense of humor, pity

What door did I open   why did you walk in   where does a sense of humour come into it ?

• Confused 3

Here is what the US really thinks about  the ICC

(more blatant hypocrisy)

https://www.yahoo.com/news/republican-senators-threaten-icc-israel-203616551.html

In a letter to ICC chief prosecutor Karim Khan on April 24, 12 Republican senators, including Mitch McConnell, Ted Cruz, Tom Cotton, Marco Rubio, and Tim Scott, warned that if an arrest warrant was issued for any Israeli leaders, “We will interpret this not only as a threat to Israel’s sovereignty but to the sovereignty of the United States,” according to a report from Zeteo.

“Target Israel and we will target you,” the letter from April 24 added, noting that the senators would sanction the court’s employees and associates, “and bar you and your families from the United States.”

“You have been warned,” the letter concluded.

• Thanks 2

7 hours ago, kwonitoy said:

Seems some are clutching at straws to denigrate Putin. I didn't watch the entire parade, but I did see plenty of armoured vehicles, and the ones with great big missiles, presumably the ones with tactical nuclear warheads.

• Confused 1
  • Haha 2

51 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Seems some are clutching at straws to denigrate Putin. I didn't watch the entire parade, but I did see plenty of armoured vehicles, and the ones with great big missiles, presumably the ones with tactical nuclear warheads.

The tank in question is a WW2 tank, so appropriate to use in a parade to celebrate their defeat of Germany. Perhaps the other, more modern tanks are being used to defeat the Ukrainians, and a bit busy to take part in a parade in Moscow.

• Confused 1
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

The tank in question is a WW2 tank, so appropriate to use in a parade to celebrate their defeat of Germany. Perhaps the other, more modern tanks are being used to defeat the Ukrainians, and a bit busy to take part in a parade in Moscow.

That tank was designed and manufactured in the Ukraine!!!

Very funny really "being used to defeat the Ukrainians"

Being blown up by the Ukrainians you mean?

• Like 2
  • Confused 1