Invasion! Eyes towards Europe as people in Thailand ponder the consequences

webfact

35 minutes ago, KhunLA said:

Russians are not putin or represent the gov't of.

By that logic, US, UK & NATO member citizens should be banned for invading & occuppyng Iraq & Afghan ... ????

I know they are not guilty and the 1000s that are protesting at home are heroes.But it's all about decreasing his popularity. And maybe they should have banned us then if that makes you fill better I did protest against the Iraq war but at no point did I expect that to  Escalate to a nuclear war but go on then you can have that if you want.

"Health minister Anutin - an ASEAN NOW staple if ever there was one"

So that's how he got the job! Not due to his enormous wealth, or his abilities in putting up/not putting up buildings, or his excellence in diplomacy, or public relations with foreigners - no, it's his ability to keep bits of paper together! Pity he never seems to have them in the correct order as each page seems to contradict the previous one! 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Enoon said:

What is happening in Ukraine bears more resemblance to what happened in Czechoslovakia during 1938 than Poland in 1939.

In the case of the Polish invasion it triggered a declaration of war by Britain and France......they were treaty bound to do so.

At the moment Putin is being "appeased", as Hitler was in 1938.

Garry Kasparov quote: Vladimir Putin has this animalistic instinct of all  dictators: He...

Screenshot 2022-02-25 at 11-28-43 winston churchill quotes crocodile - Google Search.png

If Putin stands by his stated ambitions he will next go for the Baltic States.

If NATO manages to wriggle out of fighting him there he will go after,  from his allied Byelorussian base, the Czarist Russian Empire possessions in Poland........

766009912_Screenshot2022-02-26at14-18-03Polish-Lithuanian_Commonwealth_in_1772PNG(PNGImage18941552pixels)Scaled(39).png.d6dc1021e4299840cc194a908de3301e.png

We're not just reading about History now.......witnessing

it.

"Czechoslovakia during 1938" should read "Czechoslovakia during 1938 and then 1939."

Edited by Enoon

1 hour ago, KhunLA said:

Russians are not putin or represent the gov't of.

By that logic, US, UK & NATO member citizens should be banned for invading & occuppyng Iraq & Afghan ... ????

I was not aware that the reasoning was the same …. Still, in democratically elected countries (as Putin declares Russia is as he was elected), are the citizens not responsible for their government’s actions taken in the citizens’ name? Yes, I include the US & NATO in responding to the attack on the USA in 2001 …

• Like 1

1 hour ago, peter zwart said:

What scares me the most is that if Nato steps in there is no way that Poetin can beat that kind of force (unless China starts to back him up which i wont think they will), what will be his last move? Russian roulette with the bullet on the right place or press the button?

Unfortunately NATO is sitting back and playing by the rules.....which effectively hobbles them.

Nobody is going to do anything to NATO if it chucks away the rule book.

It's insane to "play the game" while a mad dog is loose.

• Like 1