Ukrainian nationals and supporters stage peaceful gatherings in Thailand to demand end of war and Russia’s invasion of Ukraine

webfact

6 minutes ago, tgw said:

Thousands are going back, thousands of foreign fighters join Ukrainians and Ukraine itself already had around 130.000 volunteers before the invasion.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/davidaxe/2022/01/31/kiev-could-mobilize-130000-volunteers-to-fight-the-russians/?sh=5614b0621190

Ukrainians are absolutely galvanized and highly motivated.

I expect many more to join the volunteers.

Many men drove their family to the Polish border and then did a U-turn to drive back to combat zones.

Men drove their families out of the cities and put them in country houses, before collecting their gun and ammo.

130.000 volunteers before the invasion ... you just imagine how many volunteers there are now.

Russian orcs from Mordor stop people on the roads and ask them for papers, brave Ukrainians reply that they have no business doing that on Ukrainian soil, tell them that they stay in Ukraine illegally and have no authority.

Thanks, I already gave him some other links on that too but he then focused on why women were not coming back to fight, he obviously did not read the links if he did he would have seen

Ukrainian men and women are returning home from across Europe to help defend their homeland in the face of Russia’s invasion.

Still he's deleted both his posts on that now.

Klitchko, mayor of Kyiv:

Klitschko said he was "not ready" to answer how long Kyiv could hold out against the Russian invasion but added it could be a "long time."

In a message to Russian President Vladimir Putin, the mayor said Ukraine used to be part of the Soviet Union and it doesn't want Russia back.

"We see our future as a democratic, modern European country. That's it. No discussion. It's our goal. We're fighting for that. We're fighting for our country. We're fighting for our dream," he said.

https://edition.cnn.com/europe/live-news/ukraine-russia-news-02-28-22/index.html

• Like 1

22 hours ago, poskat said:

calling for ukraine to not get into nato or try to get nukes, which would be right on russia's border, would go a lot further in keeping russia from wanting to invade and set up a puppet government who wont do that might be more effective.

It's a little late for that discussion don't you think?

All the current situation does is drive Ukrain further to the west. The battle isn't over. I don't see how Putin is gonna get out of this any bit stronger. He's sending Russia into bankruptcy if he keeps this up. He's also alienating his closest allies. China had no idea about his plans and they've already stated several times that they recognize Ukraine's sovereignty.

Putin is an anachronism in this 21st century world with a mindset of a long passed era. He will quickly learn he has no partners in this, Russian or abroad. This is very clearly Putin's war not Russia's. The man is clearly out of wack and the only way out of this is if someone or something removes him from the world stage. One way or the other...

• Like 2

****Misquoted post edited out****

Maybe you will think differently if someone wiped out your family and they were the bodies in the count. 2 wrongs don't make a right. Doesn't matter who is doing the killing. Evil is Evil and you should never support either,

Putin has attack a nation who are peaceful and content for his own mission to create a state that died nearly 50 years ago,

My mother and grandmother are trapped in Zaporozhe. Bombs are falling around the and Russian missiles crash into buildings. They are shaking with fear day and night and have no food left.

So keep your opinions to yourself please.

Edited by metisdead
  • Like 2

In truth there are some Nazis there and many other countries but war criminal Putin is lying that his goal is to liberate Ukraine from Nazis. That lie plays in Russia. He needed some totally fake war justifications.

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 1

44 minutes ago, Dmitry2222 said:

Nazi in the Ukraine it is reality. There is no a dispute.

74% of the Ukraine population voted in a free democratic election for Volodymyr Zelenskiy who just happens to be Jewish & who lost relatives in the Holocaust.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

74% of the Ukraine population voted in a free democratic election for Volodymyr Zelenskiy who just happens to be Jewish & who lost relatives in the Holocaust.

Indeed and he is Number One on Putin's kill list. There is no doubt whatsoever which side is similar to Nazis. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AgentSmith said:

It's a little late for that discussion don't you think?

All the current situation does is drive Ukrain further to the west. The battle isn't over. I don't see how Putin is gonna get out of this any bit stronger. He's sending Russia into bankruptcy if he keeps this up. He's also alienating his closest allies. China had no idea about his plans and they've already stated several times that they recognize Ukraine's sovereignty.

Putin is an anachronism in this 21st century world with a mindset of a long passed era. He will quickly learn he has no partners in this, Russian or abroad. This is very clearly Putin's war not Russia's. The man is clearly out of wack and the only way out of this is if someone or something removes him from the world stage. One way or the other...

There is a reason that he talks when sitting at the far end of a very long 6 meter table . Reports said to avoid the covid virus but some say to give him plenty of warning space between him and a possible assassin . 

2 hours ago, Jingthing said:

In truth there are some Nazis there and many other countries but war criminal Putin is lying that his goal is to liberate Ukraine from Nazis. That lie plays in Russia. He needed some totally fake war justifications.

... well, the originals should slowly but surely be wormfodder by now, thanks time.
Sure, you probably mean Neonazis, no-f'n-clue-of-anything types - couple of 'em around I guess - poor misguided youth mostly, Doc Martens and skinny noggin, no?
Nothing that couldn't or can't be dealt with, informal of course, funny times but I would digress ...

Anyhow, none of them would present a problem for Pukin, they're exactly his bffriends actually!
Wherever they exist in Europe they will vote far right like AFD or FPOe - if they manage to X the appropriate box that is, which ain't that cut & dried.
And all these parties respective Führers are so far up vladboys crusty backside, they are tingling his tonsills ... FACT!!

So something clearly doesn't align with the comrads sob story here ... (personally I still think it's the Ruderalis ...)

Guest Isaanlife
14 hours ago, CrunchWrapSupreme said:

Ukraine looks poised to win. Putin made a gross overestimation. A lot of his equipment is outdated and not up to the task, his fighting forces have long been out of it. The Ukrainians haven't given up as easily as he'd thought. He's getting far less intl support than he hoped for. He probably expected some backlash, yet this turned out to be a lot more. Russia's economy and world reputation have now been crushed.

I expect Ukraine to gain EU and NATO membership, and enjoy an economic resurgence with the support and sympathy they've been getting. Europe speaks many languages, but most should be aware the one they rely upon for intl communication is English. Heh. Us farang English teachers here in the LOS are up to the task. My Thai wife and I planned to go back to the US, but hey, we're ready to do our part for those in greater need. MA in Education and nearly a decade of experience here, and my wife with years of experience in BKK hotels and restaurants. Let us know, Ukraine.

A decade of teaching experience in Thailand is worthless outside of Thailand.

With a MA, I am sure you already know that.

On 2/28/2022 at 6:18 PM, BritManToo said:

Maybe ....... but unless the send them DHL/Fedex they no longer have a delivery system.

I'm not convinced their ICBMs ever worked in the first place, but now they're just holes in the ground filled with rusty worthless junk. 

America always 'bigs' up their enemies in an attempt to justify their own excessive military budget.

But it's all just propaganda.

Well they posted video somewhere on youtube, maybe RT, i dont remember. Submarines going underwater, mobile launchers moving their usual parking spots and  spreading out in Siberia, long range bombers aka Doomsday planes going up, stationary silos switched to death hand mode (if they dont receive signal from command center over some time period, meaning command center was destroyed then they initiate launch at the designated target) + this stuff set to ready

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Status-6_Oceanic_Multipurpose_System#:~:text=The Poseidon (Russian%3A Посейдон%2C,delivering both conventional and nuclear.

Was not CGI, real things. I dont want to test if all of that was fake and i am afraid there is always possibility of human or machine error and unexpected start happen and everybody begin pew pew pew

Edited by TacoKhun

14 hours ago, CrunchWrapSupreme said:

Ukraine looks poised to win. Putin made a gross overestimation. A lot of his equipment is outdated and not up to the task, his fighting forces have long been out of it. The Ukrainians haven't given up as easily as he'd thought. He's getting far less intl support than he hoped for. He probably expected some backlash, yet this turned out to be a lot more. Russia's economy and world reputation have now been crushed.

I expect Ukraine to gain EU and NATO membership, and enjoy an economic resurgence with the support and sympathy they've been getting. Europe speaks many languages, but most should be aware the one they rely upon for intl communication is English. Heh. Us farang English teachers here in the LOS are up to the task. My Thai wife and I planned to go back to the US, but hey, we're ready to do our part for those in greater need. MA in Education and nearly a decade of experience here, and my wife with years of experience in BKK hotels and restaurants. Let us know, Ukraine.

You have been watching too much fake news on CNN. The truth is most of Ukrainian military infrastructure is already taken out by high precision missiles. Ukrainian forces in the east are surrounded.

One thing that is delaying Russian forces is Ukrainian army using civilians as a shield when Ukrainians place their artillery units inside residential areas of the cities.
Russian army cannot use heavy artillery on those because Ukrainian civilians are not enemies, they must be spared as much as possible. Unlike US forces that usually destroy entire cities from air killing everyone before letting their ground forces step in the cities.

It won’t be long now, even the blind will see that they had been fed fake reports about the “winning” Ukrainian army. It will be a rude awakening, give it a few days. Ukrainian nationals can protest as much as they want. It’s a little too late to protest right now. They should have protested when their neo-nazy government was dragging them into this.

• Confused 1