No Covid Ext'n at Nakhon Phanom IMO, is Mukdahan better?

went to get a 60day covid ext at Nahkon Phanom IMO today, after talking to 5 different IM officers "mai chai, not possible" I insisted that it was infact still possible upto March 25 and that farang were getting them in such places as Pattaya, Koh Tao, Phuket etc. They sed well just go there ! They were basically clueless and didnt want to contact Changwattana  to verify  it's possible. I entered Dec 12 on 60 day TR visa and got a 30 day standard visa ext in Prachuap Khiri Khan. at that time HuaHin and Chumphon and moderators on here all  sed after standard ext I can apply for 60 day Covid ext. Anyone have any luck in Mukdahan,or Nong Khai or whatevers?? Please suggest something ....THK U, MrR

• Haha 1

What visa did you have before your covid visa ? If non-immigrant visa, can only get 30 days covid extension with Embassy letter. With previous visa tourist visas or visa exempt can get 60 day covid visa as normal.

• Confused 1

4 minutes ago, wmlc said:

What visa did you have before your covid visa ? If non-immigrant visa, can only get 30 days covid extension with Embassy letter. With previous visa tourist visas or visa exempt can get 60 day covid visa as normal.

Firstly, the OP said he came in on a 60 day tourist visa. And secondly, non-immigrant entrants can only get 7 days, and no embassy letter is required.

1 hour ago, wmlc said:

Think your bit mixed up there.

There is no such thing as a 30 day covid extension. 

Perhaps your thinking of the under consideration period. Then return for final stamp. 

That sucks, since many seem to be getting covid extensions without issues. I mean they said continued it till March 25, so it seems very inconsistent as usual that some offices refuse it. 

I've posted the same topic with many helpful replies too if you want to check this one out.

• Like 1

Sak Nak nearest and easiest to try, then if no go, carry on to Udon. I think Udon would be aware of the latest rules and are, I think, more user friendly.

Good luck!

Edited by SunsetT
  • Like 1

a Good Report Finally ! Today i went to Mukdahan IMO by friendship bridge, was greeted by smiling IMO's and in a very un-busy office had a very easy time getting all the necessary forms like Covid affidavit filled out and plenty of copies of stuff like even my original E-Visa from last Dec. signed. Biggest snafu and wasted an hour was my hotel did not do TM 30 last nite ,even after requesting the reception staff to do the TM 30 when we checked in . We myself in English and my Thai gf in Thai asked the staff but of course the lites were not on and no TM 30 when I went to get ext at 9 am sooo  the IMO called the hotel and the manager actually went to the intown IMO and submitted the TM 30. This was the B2 chain hotel and the manager sed he hadnt done TM30's online only  on the first day each month he  submitted all the previous month's Tm 30's....interesting ! Anyways after waiting 1 3/4 hours I got a stamp in my passport that sed I should return on March 8 because the boss IMO wasnt in the office. Quite frankly the whole system stinks but least I got something outa this wait this time and the staff was very pleasant. Good luck to who ever is going to deal w/ Thai Immigration, Cheers ! MR

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Daithi85 said:

Does anyone know which immigrantion offices are allowing people to apply for extensions 30 days before there current extension expires? 

Jomtien always allows it for me, through an agent though. Any longer than 30 days they refuse, even with an agent.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Ohyesuare said:

Jomtien always allows it for me, through an agent though. Any longer than 30 days they refuse, even with an agent.

Same as my self, have always used Jomtien and always applied around 3 or weeks before my extensions ended. This time around people are reporting they can only apply 3 days before their extension ends. Like you say visa agent is probably the best bet. 

On 3/3/2022 at 6:20 AM, Daithi85 said:

Does anyone know which immigrantion offices are allowing people to apply for extensions 30 days before there current extension expires? 

Both Yala and Pattani Immigration refuse any Covid extension. My friend, who is on a tourist visa, went to both and they literally said "We do not want foreigners here. It is dangerous here for you so you must go back home."

Such bullsh*t.

Edited by MarcelV

Just now, MarcelV said:

Both Yala and Pattani Immigration refuse any Covid extension. My friend, who is on a tourist visa, went to both and they literally said "We do not want foreigners here. It is dangerous here for you so you must go back home."

Such bullsh*t.

In all fairness to them their probably right, down the deep south  isn't the safest place in world to be. 

20 hours ago, Daithi85 said:

In all fairness to them their probably right, down the deep south  isn't the safest place in world to be. 

Still, that seems like a non-valid reason to refuse. If someone decides to possibly get blown up, it's still his choice.

Just now, MarcelV said:

Still, that seems like a non-valid reason to refuse. If someone decides to possibly get blown up, it's still his choice.

Yes I a agree with u, did they find another immigration office to get their extension? 

1 minute ago, Daithi85 said:

Yes I a agree with u, did they find another immigration office to get their extension? 

No, he just went back to Saudi Arabia. He wanted to be a dawah (=strict Islam) teacher in Yala, but immigration in the south made it too difficult too stay there in his opinion. He flew back home yesterday.

• Like 1