Hotel reservation for 3 months

Hi again,

I wish you guys could share your knowledge about this: The embassy of thailand in my country is asking me for a hotel reservation of the WHOLE stay in thailand. I, however, want to travel around the country, and dont know in advance about all the accomodation. Will be enough if a I do a non-payed booking, show them, and then cancel? The embassy is 550 km (340 miles) from me, so I want to be sure before going there with the papers (I cannot get an evisa in my country)

Another question: The embassy told me with spanish passport I can go visa exemption and then ask for 30 days extra, for a total of 60. However, I dont see this info anywhere else, and I am beginning to think the are missinformed.

Thanks a lot to all of those that take the time to respond and help others. I am sincerely grateful.

Yes, Spanish citizens are included in the 64 countries entitled to Visa Exempt Entry.

You would get 30 days Permission to stay on arrival and could apply for another 30 day extension.

Getting the 90 days you want will depend on how Covid decides to act.

Edited by Ginkas

I assume you are applying for a single entry tourist visa. You can just upload a unpaid reservation for any hotel to satisfy that requirement.

Spain qualifies for a 30 day visa exempt entry that can be extended for 30 days. The airline can ask for ticket out of the country within 30 days of arrival. It can be a one way ticket to anywhere or a temporary onward ticket (search for onward ticket and you will see several sites offering them).

• Like 2

Ridiculous ask by the morons at Thai Embassy in your country. Great idea by Joe just above...book online with Booking.com or similar with option to pay later and with Free Cancellation. Send to embassy, then cancel and stay wherever and whenever you want. As it should be from the get-go. 

Many used to give a hotel address for first night and then move on. Some just gave any address from a travel guide and went elsewhere, but that MIGHT be risky now.

Seems to be the age of idiots in places where they can make things difficult for normal people. Probably won't change when covid finally ends as anything important, because the bureaucratically minded won't give up their power to inconvenience easily.

Whatever, I doubt they will listen to common sense, so just play the game.

• Like 1