Thai citizens apply to join the fight in Ukraine

webfact

1 hour ago, peter zwart said:

And because you like the russian, their leader can do whatever he wants? Besides that, its not the russian population that decide to attack their neighbour. What if the Russian bomb the hell out of your country/family? Still like them. Sorry mate, a complete BS post of you.

To be honest I like the leader, Mr P. and most of the team that surrounds him. About the average Ivan I have not much knowledge, positive or negative. They way I think about Russia is out of respect how they crawled up after the Boris Y. period, although I like Gorby as well. Another reason is a plain simple one, the enemy of my enemy is my friend.

Edited by Henk Langeweg
Spell
  • Like 1
  • Sad 2
  • Thanks 1

On 3/2/2022 at 7:44 AM, josephbloggs said:

That's all you can say?  He is volunteering to put his life at risk to fight for a cause and you can only make a pathetic comment like that?  More bravery in his little finger than you have in your whole body...

Have you ever volunteered to fight for a cause you believe in, at great personal risk to yourself...  I guess not.

No never, but been in Lebanon on a so called peace mission, but mainly because I wanted an interesting/adventurous (mandatory) army time. Never killed anyone and never will on orders from someone I don't know.

Guess I am a lousy soldier. Proud on that actually. ????

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The war in Ukraine is a terrible thing.  Ukraine is not a perfect country.  
But at least it’s citizens have pride in their country and are willing to defend it.  Both physically and verbally.

Not like some people on here regarding their own countries. 

5 hours ago, meechai said:

This is pretty hilarious when you consider they sat still while a Military Junta overthrew its own Thai government....Then again "Thais with military experience" may have been part of that overthrow problem...so again hilarious in this context

Thai bashing at its finest. 

One wonders why you stay here. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

On 3/2/2022 at 8:00 AM, Bkk Brian said:

Yet 74% of Ukrainians voted for President Volodymyr Zelensky in free and democratic elections. President Volodymyr Zelensky is Jewish with family who were killed in the holocaust, as is the Prime Minister of Ukraine. 

Its pure propaganda from Russia media and P

Watch the Oliver Stone docu "Ukraine on Fire 2016" and hear how the Jews received the Nazi's in Ukraine. YT has it, well at least they had it yesterday. I can upload it to the cloud if you can't find it.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, KhaoYai said:

This war isn't being waged by 'Russians' - its being waged by a meglomaniac dictator that just just happens to be Russian.  If the Russian people weren't fed the continous diet of lies and fantasies that they are, they wouldn't support their 'leader' or his 'special operation'.

The people have the power to oust their leader. 

All Russians should be made suffer. 

For a start, they should not be allowed entry to Thailand and their assets should be seized. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

I understand the need to help others and here in Denmark several people are heading to Ukraine to help, but they risk end up dead or as captives in Russian prisons.

So they better think twice before heading to Ukraine.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, webfact said:

“Children are dying, and they [Ukraine] are asking for help from anyone who can help them and I want to help.” 

Not sure if ping-pong ball bombs will help?

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, marcusb said:

Good for him, takes a lot of guts.  Wish him well. 

Not sure if the only experience they have is playing war games on their phone will help in a real war zone.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Recent decades the Thai military experience seem to be limited to overthrowing and illegal power grabbing.

Are the Ukrainians really after that type of expertise this point?

But if the plan is to build a military junta, yes, they knocking the right door. 

• Sad 1

On 3/2/2022 at 8:22 AM, Virt said:

I understand the need to help others and here in Denmark several people are heading to Ukraine to help, but they risk end up dead or as captives in Russian prisons.

So they better think twice before heading to Ukraine.

Human stupidity is limitless all over the world

3 hours ago, Kiwiken said:

I am sure many will travel to fight but whether they can handle the harsh reality of partisan fighting against a merciless enemy. While western Countries may take mercenaries Prisoners Russia's history is that it does not

I seem to recall solid reputations of Thai soldiers in Korea and Vietnam?

• Like 1

I highly doubt any of these people had real military combat experience (including the army), the amulets of course will protect. 

However, where were all these volunteers in Afghanistan, Libya, Syria AND MOST importantly Palestine or YEMEN where genocide takes place. Oh yeah, afraid of sanctions or cross path with uncle SAm or Israel. 

They have zero understanding of this conflict. They will be surprised what national battalions are up to it's either do what you are told or get shot on the spot. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

I bet non of them know where is Ukraine, name countries surrounding her, name 5 major cities.

even more so about its history, that includes during the 2 ww. 
Same goes for their knowledge about russia. 

ukrainian and russian military conscripts, recruits are running away from their own countries over the land borders to neighbouring countries and claim refugee status. Some wealthier once are already in thailand for the last several months. Russian being a large part of those entering thailand

On 3/2/2022 at 8:13 AM, Neeranam said:

Thai bashing at its finest. 

One wonders why you stay here. 

Get some glasses...It is not Thai Bashing I love Thailand & its people but........

These types sat & let their country be taken from them ...AGAIN....in 2014

Look at how that has worked out for the people??

There is a well known saying....Every nation gets the government it deserves....You should get up & work on cleaning your house first before offering to help others with clean theirs

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, hotchilli said:

Not sure if the only experience they have is playing war games on their phone will help in a real war zone.

every hand counts,  especially if it comes down to fighting in the capital. In the confines of a city every gun counts.  And truthfully even if/when he fails he had the guts to give it a go. Hats off to him.
Also stated in article he has basic training.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 3/2/2022 at 10:14 AM, meechai said:

Get some glasses...It is not Thai Bashing I love Thailand & its people but........

These types sat & let their country be taken from them ...AGAIN....in 2014

Look at how that has worked out for the people??

There is a well known saying....Every nation gets the government it deserves....You should get up & work on cleaning your house first before offering to help others with clean theirs

So the guy should stay here and fix Thai problems.  What a stupid statement. 

Every country gets the gov they deserve. .....another stupid statement 

I sure hope your ancestors weren't from a European country.  The Canadians, Americans, Australians, shouldn't have helped during WW2. No they should have stayed at home till their country was perfect.  <deleted> sakes man. Cant you acknowledge someone doing a good thing without tainting it!  Maybe you best go sit with Putin. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

‘I did not join Ukraine as a Thai national, but as a human being’: former airman volunteers to fight Russian invasion

When Chanapong arrived yesterday morning at Ukraine’s Bangkok embassy on Wireless Road, he carried a passport and proof of his military experience. He told its staff that he was there to enlist to help Ukraine’s army fight off Russian invaders. 

“I want the Ukrainian people to know that they are not alone,” he said in an interview last night, identifying himself only by his first name. “If they ask for help, I’m willing to answer.”

In Thailand, the Ukrainian Embassy in Bangkok has publicized an email address for those who want to enlist. 

https://coconuts.co/bangkok/news/i-did-not-join-ukraine-as-a-thai-national-but-as-a-human-being-former-airman-volunteers-to-fight-russian-invasion/

I reckon all leaders here, wearing a uniform have very little knowledge about real military work.

• Like 1