Praise for Immigration

OP, I'm going to give the new online system a go next time.

Have been using mail in option.

My most recent 90 report receipt received few days ago. Turn around time over 6 weeks. 

This time no return of my photocopies which previously had been posted back.

Divorce time from "mail in option".

The love has gone. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Agius Mark said:

I was able to login,  and apply for my 90 day reporting

Ok! Good for you as you got past stage one, now please let us know if you actually succeed with an accepted report!

3 hours ago, RedArmy said:

Only time to start patting them on the back is when they completely do away with this ridiculous 90 day reporting rule.

They need to know where you are at all times. Anyone with a handle like "Red Army" is obviously a threat to the established order. ????

• Haha 2

Dont speak to soon , I found it worked perfectly as well , did mine on Dec 7th next report date being 16 March great I thought. Then I went to immigration on February 8th to renew my retirement Visa and they insisted I hadn't done my 90 day report and told me I had to pay a fine. Showed them the online report on line , no would not listen , go pay fine they said.

• Like 1
  • Sad 6

Just now, Brick Top said:

Dont speak to soon , I found it worked perfectly as well , did mine on Dec 7th next report date being 16 March great I thought. Then I went to immigration on February 8th to renew my retirement Visa and they insisted I hadn't done my 90 day report and told me I had to pay a fine. Showed them the online report on line , no would not listen , go pay fine they said.

Would be nice to know what Province you applied at.  I've been here over 20 years, live in Ubon and not once has an IO inquired about my 90 day report at extension of stay time...

• Like 1

I just registered, is there anyway to change the password?  There's no way I'm going to remember that alphabet/numeric soup they gave me.

• Haha 2

Surely the whole point of the 90 day report system is to verify that the alien is still present in Thailand and has the same address?

Internet reporting could be done anywhere and by anyone. Everyone should be required to verify their presence by physically turning up at the Immigration Office for their registered address.

Alternatively, if this is not needed, why not just abandon the 90 day requirement.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Stevemercer said:

Alternatively, if this is not needed, why not just abandon the 90 day requirement.

It cannot be abandoned.

It is required by the Immigration Act done in 1979 and it has not been amended since it was written.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, curtklay said:

I went online again, and holy smoke, it worked for the second time

I would imagine Online reporting for those who live in the sticks, many kilometers from immigration office is a fantastic option. 

Apart from spending 6 months in the sticks up in Phetchabun 20 years ago I've always lived only a couple of kms from immigration. 

The old Pattaya office was closer slightly but the Jomtien office is just a short ride.

Their 90 day reporting pre covid was a breeze, in and out in a few minutes then down the beach for a few beers. 

12 hours ago, mosan said:

Would be nice to know what Province you applied at.  I've been here over 20 years, live in Ubon and not once has an IO inquired about my 90 day report at extension of stay time...

This was in Phuket and not only do they insist on checking it , they always do a new 90 day report when they renew my extension , I have lived here since August 2001 so a little over 20 years for me. 

unless its been updated,those like myself who have not been out of the country since 2008 cannot do your 90day report on-line,although they have had over 60notifications  of my address yet it is not in the system.

13 hours ago, Stevemercer said:

why not just abandon the 90 day requirement.

Add to that the need to simplify annual extension, e.g. Bank letter showing sufficient funds..........THAT'S IT !

Edited by 4MyEgo
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, CloseShave said:

This is what I receive when using your link.

That has been discussed since Monday. There security certificate expired on Sunday.

It is working now. Their certificate is valid until May 31st now.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, meatboy said:

unless its been updated,those like myself who have not been out of the country since 2008 cannot do your 90day report on-line,although they have had over 60notifications  of my address yet it is not in the system.

You can do it online now since the new site became available.

• Thanks 1

Good the system worked for you I will try it next time, I too have never been able to use the old system.

I did my 90 days at Jomtiem yesterday and they have a new system and do not let you into the office. Had to queue in the sun for about 10 mins while I waited for the woman to take my passport and place in a box. However after that I could sit behind her in a covered area but there wasn't enough seats for every one. Every now and again she takes the box with the passports into the office for updating and brings back ones she took earlier. Sat and waited for about 45 mins before mine was returned. I would like to congratulate  immigration for making a very easy, quick and unnecessary process drag on for a hour in unpleasant conditions. You have starred again. It might help if you actually employed a person to actually carry passports etc. in and out of the building.

Got to do my visa ext. early next month God knows how difficult they will make that.

18 hours ago, bbko said:

I just registered, is there anyway to change the password?  There's no way I'm going to remember that alphabet/numeric soup they gave me.

No I don't think so.

But most browsers will allow to save it as on other sites.

What browser/device do you use?

In worst case just store it with some notepad/textpad tool.