Forum upgrade in progress! ×

Chang beer price increase

itsari

3 hours ago, Dmaxdan said:

The ever increasing fuel prices are going to  have a knock on effect on what we pay  for many things.

You can blame Putin for that...

And anyway, is 57 baht really that expensive?

Well, for the price of one beer in a Thai supermarket I can can get four or five in a Spanish supermarket. Tastes better too.

• Like 1

OP, go and buy a bag of baking soda at your local supermarket. 20 baht, it will last for months. Dissolve one teaspoon in a glass of water, and skoll it down.

You will get the same burping effect as a glass of beer, and your kidneys and liver will rejoice.

If anyone asks, you can always say it is a Stroh's.

1 hour ago, JoePai said:

I’m always surprised when posters have the temerity to call Leo, Chang, Singha et al, beer in the first place

Its as good as any other beer Joe , 

But maybe your favoured beer is Budweiser 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, DezLez said:

So you appear to be buying from a local shop, I assume a "Mom&Pop", in which case as they buy very small amounts at a time their delivery driver's fuel costs have gone up.  The supermarkets may absorb it but not the small local units.

The local shops get most of their supplies from the supermarkets!  Why do so many posters keep referring to "fuel prices going up" in Thailand as though they're suddenly going through the roof?  

1 minute ago, Liverpool Lou said:

The local shops get most of their supplies from the supermarkets!  Why do so many posters keep referring to "fuel prices going up" in Thailand as though they're suddenly going through the roof?  

The logistic companies have forced the government to reduce the tax on diesel due to the rising price of imported oil . Not many countries are ready to do the same .

Makes you wonder who is running the country , big business or the government 

3 minutes ago, Lt Frank Bullitt said:

Archa went up as well, 528 to 550 a ctn, or 48 to 50 a bottle at 711, Chang brewery must be hard up

I believe chang beer is sold by Thailand Beverages that is registered in Singapore . 

They are a long way from being hard up . 

• Like 1

Just now, NONG CHOK said:

People don't realize or care that most of us on this forum are retired expats with limited income and supporting our Thai wives and in some cases their family members. So any increases of daily requirements needs to be multiplied by 365 to get the real picture.

There are a few crypto dealers on here that have there tail up at the moment .

Yes, i agree 100 percent what you say 

2 hours ago, ChrisKC said:

Well, I have sympathy for the OP: after all, B2 is B2 and it all adds up (he said with just a hint of sarcasm) but...

For the last year I have been buying Leo Strong Brew, for me at least, better than Chang and Leo tama dar!

Big C - B52 for the large bottle - I bought three, only two hours ago. 

CHEERS!!

Think of the traveling costs 555

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, NONG CHOK said:

People don't realize or care that most of us on this forum are retired expats with limited income and supporting our Thai wives and in some cases their family members. So any increases of daily requirements needs to be multiplied by 365 to get the real picture.

55 baht to 57 baht is around 3.6 percent 

If you have a pension that is not indexed then you can have real problems in these inflationary times we find our selves in.

Then the beer has risen more like 7 percent over a 12 month period .

Most countries have forgotten about the damage inflation can cause in the last 30 years 

1 minute ago, DezLez said:

My next door Mom&Pop do not get from the Supermarket!

They have theirs, and mine, delivered by a bike and sidecar delivery bloke who delivers a box of Chang for 20 Baht cheaper than collecting from the local Big C in CM.

I know i can buy cheaper from the wholesalers . But i honestly think its positive to shop locally . 

6 hours ago, itsari said:

having to pay 57 baht  for a beer instead of 55 baht

For reference Yahoo UK News 4th March 2022:-

Thailand’s retail inflation accelerated at the fastest pace since 2008 as the net oil importer struggled to cope with rising energy and fresh food costs, posing a policy dilemma for the central bank that’s kept interest rate at a record low to support a nascent economic recovery.

https://uk.yahoo.com/finance/news/thai-inflation-surges-highest-since-050708549.html

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Burma Bill said:

For reference Yahoo UK News 4th March 2022:-

Thailand’s retail inflation accelerated at the fastest pace since 2008 as the net oil importer struggled to cope with rising energy and fresh food costs, posing a policy dilemma for the central bank that’s kept interest rate at a record low to support a nascent economic recovery.

https://uk.yahoo.com/finance/news/thai-inflation-surges-highest-since-050708549.html

I honestly believe that Thailand is doing there best to strengthen the baht to reduce the cost of oil imports .

I just wonder how much longer they can play that game .

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Hoppyone said:

Ha ha for 2 baht cheap Charlie can stop drinking 

The thing is not a few more baht 57 baht beer then 66 baht for SMS cigs damn round it off to 5 baht s we get too many 1 bahts back then when you pay with like 10-20 pieces of 1 bahts they turn a face and do away with those 1/2 and 1/4 bahts as no one takes them back. I got a whole damn jar full of them

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

Try buying a case of 12 but its still gone up by 2 baht a bottle. Last week 12 large Chang 585 baht and this week 605 baht. Not that I drink the stuff its horrible. Federbrau German beer is my drink at home beer, 719 baht for a case of 12. But being a cheap charlie you wouldnt drink that.

49 minutes ago, portlandtree said:

The thing is not a few more baht 57 baht beer then 66 baht for SMS cigs damn round it off to 5 baht s we get too many 1 bahts back then when you pay with like 10-20 pieces of 1 bahts they turn a face and do away with those 1/2 and 1/4 bahts as no one takes them back. I got a whole damn jar full of them

No sheep stations there

4 hours ago, ChrisKC said:

Well, I have sympathy for the OP: after all, B2 is B2 and it all adds up (he said with just a hint of sarcasm) but...

For the last year I have been buying Leo Strong Brew, for me at least, better than Chang and Leo tama dar!

Big C - B52 for the large bottle - I bought three, only two hours ago. 

CHEERS!!

An absolutely *cracking* beer. 
I tried it when it came out and haven't looked back.  It's  55 baht per bottle where I am (a five baht discount on the original Leo to stimulate sales ,I assume) but I buy it by the box at 585.