How confident are you ?

CharlieH

29 minutes ago, RichardColeman said:

Considering I scream like a little girl on the back of motorbike taxis here, whilst the driver reads his texts, drinks his coffee, chats to his g/f, waves at friends, drives one handed (none sometimes), swerves closing train barriers, over-takes cars like he's been watching the matrix chases the night before, I'd have to say not a lot !

In the same boat.......can only manage a 5 minute ride and then cramp sets in.....legs, hands, anal ring.....

Even after 40 years riding bikes, that does give me the creeps. I would like to think the wide-angle lens makes the track look narrower than it is.

Also, any motorcyclist should be able to go in a straight line, so scientifically, there's no reason to fall off in this case unless there's a strong side wind... but my heart rate did go up watching that... and hasn't gone down yet. ????????

Let's just say I would claim to enjoy/prefer the scenic detour! Male bravado has no place here! ????

5 minutes ago, 2long said:

Even after 40 years riding bikes, that does give me the creeps. I would like to think the wide-angle lens makes the track look narrower than it is.

Also, any motorcyclist should be able to go in a straight line, so scientifically, there's no reason to fall off in this case unless there's a strong side wind... but my heart rate did go up watching that... and hasn't gone down yet. ????????

Let's just say I would claim to enjoy/prefer the scenic detour! Male bravado has no place here! ????

If you compering to the motorbike in front? 

Straight down the wide angel gives an effect, but not much on the bike when compering. 

17 minutes ago, Hummin said:

If you compering to the motorbike in front? 

Straight down the wide angel gives an effect, but not much on the bike when compering. 

An 'angel' would be useful.  

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, roo860 said:

An 'angel' would be useful.  

I used to do all kinds od things like this in my younger days, now I need a good purpose to cross that bridge, but would do if I felt confident enough and also had been riding much lately. I would need to walk it a couple of times at least.

58 minutes ago, bunnydrops said:

I think this guy would do it

I have base jumped from a dam, but this is pure stupid to become red bull sponsored or get the attention he feel he need or deserve. Attention chaser!

• Like 1

No way I could. Not even walk it.

But, if I was forced too on a bike I think the best way would be to speed up with head down looking straight ahead, easier to keep a straight line.

Edited by bkk6060
  • Like 1

I've done similar rides along the side of, or over the khlongs in Bangkok but I'm not so good with heights so there would have to be a VERY good reason for me to ride over that. 

If I had to do it, I'd do it pretty fast and I certainly wouldn't be looking left/right/down.