BA.2 sub variant of Omicron becoming dominant strain in Thailand

snoop1130

Is this one going to have an even lower death rate than previous variants?  Are we still expecting >99.7% for non-elderly?

I hope everyone who actually shows symptoms will be able to handle the sniffles. 

Maybe a couple more injections of the formula made in 2020 will be able to handle this 2022 variant. 

Edited by TooMuchTime
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

8 minutes ago, Fore Man said:

That’s a sad, selfish outlook to taunt others with.  My daughter is struggling through her infection right now with terrible headaches.  She’s slowly mending, but please bear in mind that not everyone out there is an übermensch.  Have a little consideration for others.  

Sorry to hear about your daughter ,It certainly is not easy on her and I am sure not on you either as a parent.  I hope she makes a quick and completer recovery. 

My Daughter in the US had it, it lasted about a week and she said it was the worst body pain and headaches she ever experienced. The good news is that she fully recovered in a week. 

I also know of another three more people with similar issues. 

So a bit insensitive IMO also to discount other peoples suffering by minimizing the affect of this pandemic. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Blumpie said:

I tested positive four days ago!  ????  Do you know what I had for symptoms?  I had 2 naps during the day, felt tired and a runny nose and a headache.  It wasn't even a cold.  I am 100 percent now.  

What a frigging joke it was!  

Get real kids - this thing is over.  

It sounds like you had the BA-1 as some friends of mine have a bad dry cough that never stops.

• Like 1

Just now, wombat said:

Am I wrong?

Yes.... Alpha mutated into Delta, which was certainly not weaker and less than a cold. The less pathological omicron can generate symptoms ranging from a mild cold to a bad flu.... but a bad flu can kill vulnerable people!

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Blumpie said:

I tested positive four days ago!  ????  Do you know what I had for symptoms?  I had 2 naps during the day, felt tired and a runny nose and a headache.  It wasn't even a cold.  I am 100 percent now.  

...well good for you friend...Far from over...

Many folk have not had their first shot, many others have received none, for whatever health issues and personal reasons they have; and them catching any Covid-19 variant is serious. Still no vaccine being distributed for under 5 year olds.

• Haha 1

40 minutes ago, wombat said:

As a virus weakens every time it mutates this version will be less than a cold.

Am I wrong?

More often than not, viruses weaken as they mutate, but this is not a law of nature.

You will remember the Delta variant, which I think was the deadliest of all to date. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, wombat said:

How many times do people have to read that vaxination is not protection from the virus?

The vaxination supposedly stops the viruses effects from being as bad as they could be if you catch it.

As a virus weakens every time it mutates this version will be less than a cold.

Am I wrong?

Wrong all the way. 

Delta was more lethal than earlier variants. 

Vaccination helps stop infection. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Blumpie said:

I find it interesting how so many of the Covid denying, anti-vaxxer, cabal always seem to get it and manage to find it to be nothing.  I also often wonder why people who barely believe it's a disease, would get tested?   I tend to question the validity of their reports.  I know a rather large number of people, fully vaccinated who got sick.  None of them described it as being so mild.  And, interestingly, none of them had an easy recovery.   They had lingering effects for weeks at a minimum.   

• Like 1