Government to Offer Aid and Visa Services to Tourists

webfact

2 hours ago, webfact said:

Yuthasak said travelers can renew their 30-day visas without paying the application fee of 1,900 baht for Ukrainians and Russians. Additionally, tourism operators are working with China’s UnionPay to provide an alternative payment channel for Russian visitors.

Such compassion.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Danny Australia said:

If true, it would be the first time I hear of such a thing by a Thai government towards tourists and would be incredibly humane and compassionate gesture.

Generosity!!! Nice to be compassionate! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Wuvu2 said:

The government of my country has done a bunch of heinous deeds around the world in my lifetime, despite the fact that I've always participated by voting, attending peace and environmental protests, waved signs, signed petitions, and writing letters to my elected representatives.

I suggest we give Russian citizens the benefit of the doubt before assuming they support Putin's war, or had any real opportunity to be effective against it. 

To be safe put the Russians and Ukraine's on different flights when they leave, just  to be sure.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, smedly said:

why have Russia stopped flights to Thailand or have have they

Most of Russia aircraft are leased and must be returned of if they land abroad they can be repossessed. 
Shame they destroyed the Ukrainian Antonov last week, the largest aircraft in the world, they could have taken all the Russians back home in one go. 

Edited by Ricebarnandrooms
Extra.
  • Like 1