Cabinet Discusses Help for Stranded Russian, Ukrainian Tourists

webfact

So, Russian aircraft are banned from EU. UK and US airspace.  Someone help me here, I must be missing something.  Exactly which piece of EU, UK or US airspace do Russian planes have to fly in on their way from Thailand to China to repatriate their citizens?  Has Laos, China or Mongolia joined the EU then?

Edited by KhaoYai
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

Everybody understand that Ukraine people cant return they own country right now and they should be helped. But Russia should pick up they own citizen and go to use they toilet paper (ruble) in they own country.  Its only Russia duty to take care own citizen's now! Even only few russian's fold is hole sht!

13 minutes ago, KhaoYai said:

So, Russian aircraft are banned from EU. UK and US airspace.  Someone help me here, I must be missing something.  Exactly which piece of EU, UK or US airspace do Russian planes have to fly in on their way from Thailand to China to repatriate their citizens?  Has Laos, China or Mongolia joined the EU then?

If you have a ticket from another company , which is not Russian , suddenly you can be stuck . Buying a new ticket with Russian company is not possible thx to transactions might be refused , and also your money exchange rate is down the drain . Do not over simplify the situation , as it isn't that easy all the time .

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, 2 is 1 said:

Everybody understand that Ukraine people cant return they own country right now and they should be helped. But Russia should pick up they own citizen and go to use they toilet paper (ruble) in they own country.  Its only Russia duty to take care own citizen's now! Even only few russian's fold is hole sht!

It might be it's duty , but if they don't do it , then they still stuck .

3 hours ago, webfact said:

The minister said he would ask hoteliers' association to postpone their room charges on the tourists. Otherwise, the Tourism Authority of Thailand would find accommodations for them until the

Has the 300 baht fee been applied to arriving tourists yet? If it has then here is an opportunity for it to be put to good use. 
A Wartel  may be the answer if hotels get government support. 
I can’t see this problem ending anytime soon for those trapped here. 

4 hours ago, webfact said:

As the cabinet met and discussed the matter today, Tourism and Sports Minister Phiphat Ratchakitprakarn said about 6,000-7,000 Russian and Ukrainian tourists were stranded in the country and their financial transactions, especially those through credit cards, were blocked.

This should be interesting, I suppose the Russian & Ukrainian tourists will be staying in very separate accommodation locations as a safety measure ......... 

4 hours ago, webfact said:

The cabinet discussed help for the Russian and Ukrainian tourists who were stranded in Thailand and whose financial transactions were stalled.

Are Russians really stranded..?

• Like 2

3 hours ago, ryane66 said:

Russian planes unable to fly to Thailand to repatriate their citizens??? Did any country assist Thailand when repatriating their citizens during covid.

I'm sure Thailand would allow flights from Russia, [commercial or military] to repatriate natives back home.

10 minutes ago, hotchilli said:

I'm sure Thailand would allow flights from Russia, [commercial or military] to repatriate natives back home.

Of course, U-Tapao previously accepted many many charter flights from Russia, Phuket too. . 

Edited by jacko45k

Charter flights to Ruskyland for the lot of them. Ya let someone like Putin get control of the country ya' pay for what ya gets!

They can enjoy no free press, no cable tv, no Apple shop, no Ikea, Ruble crumbling, harshest sanctions yet seen in world history, oligarchs ripping the heart out of the nation, a totally mad dictator to 'lead and care for them', no way to leave the country once they go home.

Temporary asylum for the Ukrainians if they wish it. Free flights back to Ukraine if they wish as a form of acknowledgment of the sickening war crimes of Putin, and care and support to the Ukrainian people. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, KhaoYai said:

That it is quite pathetic, it looks like putin, who started the war helped many russians who could not get covid extention to continue staying in Thaialnd!! The point here is that "great super country russsa" has not aircraft. Most of its airplanes are on lease of Irish and other countries companies. So when those companies began returning their airplanes back,  super rich russia has nearly nothing now. But still they have some, they can take their passengers back Even now many russians flying in Thaialnd, if they fly in they can fly back.

Edited by metisdead
Bold font removed.
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

Im not worrying about Russian tourists stranded in Thailand or elsewhere, even tho I accept it would be worrying if I were in their shoes. I do worry about the men women and children walking for days in freezing weather, babies crying , not even warmth or food. Trying to escape despot Putin even if it means great suffering, leaving their elders and husbands who cannot leave. Loosing their homes and jobs for a difficult time ahead. It breaks my heart to see those old age men and women trying to gain freedom of the west or any friendly country. Those are the ones we should feel sorry for and help if we can. Everyone can help in their own small way, I’m sure if the technology giants and cyber experts of the world wanted to, communication in Russia, and with the outside world could be brought down. 

• Like 1