Bank letter for 1 year marriage extension

For Chaengwattana immigration can you give them a bank letter printed the day before the visit?

My wife says that last time the officer said it had to be a letter from the same day. Though she processed my application when I provided a photocopied ATM receipt. I don't remember this conversation...

I'm wondering if you guys have any insights?

14 minutes ago, dairy queen said:

For Chaengwattana immigration can you give them a bank letter printed the day before the visit?

I have read report similar to yours for CW.

Basically io stated next time letter same day.

I always obtain letter at CW same day and make small deposit to show activity and update.

You can't do letter same day?

I realize SCB bank does not have branch there. 

Many reports of bank letter day previous for CW was ok.

Edited by DrJack54
  • Like 1

CW's stated policy is that bank letters are acceptable if issued within seven days prior to the application, but that you must also update your bankbook on the day you apply (which for most banks requires a transaction). Of course, any individual officer might have her own idiosyncratic policy on the matter that you won't know about until you're in front of her...

At Jomtien I always get the 12 mths income letter from my branch of BB using credit advices obtained throughout the year, the day before and then update with 100 bht deposit on the day to get the further certificate immigration require. Always works for me and avoids the uncertainty of getting the income letter on the day especially as we can now make an appointment in advance

In Phuket one needs both a bank statement and a bank letter.

For Phuket immigration, the bank statement can be 1-week old, but the bank letter has to be the same day !

Since I use Bangkok bank, to get a 1-year bank statement my local Bangkok bank branch needs to order that from Bangkok.  Once the 1-year statement (from Bangkok) arrives in Phuket at my branch, it is basically only useful for a week. On then needs to decide the day (in the next few days) to go to immigration, go to the local Bangkok Bank early that same planned day, get the Bank letter (where amounts in the letter, the bank statement, and one's Bankbook have to match) ... and then after leaving the bank, immediately go to immigration on that same day.

It requires a bit of coordination.  ... Its relatively easy for me as I live a 10-minute car drive from immigration.  I have sympathy for anyone who is hours away from a local immigration.

Edited by oldcpu