Aerox VS NMAX

ricklev

I rented a fairly new Aerox in Chiang Mai for a month recently.  A slight bit of a rough ride in the city, I thought, but it really came into its own on a trip to Pai and back.  I loved it!  Smooth, powerful, great handling.  (The road is also exceptionally well-maintained and sign-posted these days also.)  Kind of made me think it's time to replace my 20 year old Honda Wave. 

I'm curious if the NMAX, which I have never rode, is better than the Aerox?  I guess I will rent one next time but what is your opinion?  Thanks.  

Edited by ricklev

I have had both and would say the Aerox is better, and cheaper. The NMAX had great brakes though and ABS, which the lower model Aeroxs don't. I am a small guy so found the Aerox easier to handle. Maybe a larger guy would prefer the NMAX.

Edited by Henryford
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I like the Aerox, the best scooter i ever had. It does have a few weaknesses. I'm not sure how they compare to the N-Max:

-Front suspension is too soft.

-Its not really good for passengers. Tail is too high.

-Its compact. If you are above 6 feet your knees will hit the plastic covering. Maybe not on the newer models as they had a redesign.

• Thanks 1

I have an Nmx for three years, very satisfied, I save money with it, compared to the Honda wave 

I don't know the Aerox,  but the things I don't like with Nmax is that suspension is not very good, degraded road unpleasant, especially for passenger, and at very slow speed , turning 90 degrees is not easy, because  pretty heavy bike ;

apart this, long trips are  very comfortable , never any problems

• Thanks 1

^ Correct not really my thing.. Lack lustre styling. 

I'm used to Indonesia where NMax /Aerox outsells them about 6 to 1 minimum based on observation. For some reason it is the opposite here.

But having just looked at the four-valve engine specs I found out where the 28mm aftermarket throttle body come from. Cheers for that. But they only have a 4v engine because Yamaha does. 

16 hours ago, MajorTom said:

PCX vs. Aerox.. I have had both. You will never want a PCX again if you had a similar Yamaha. Its like driving a bus in comparison. With the same engine.

I do like the look of the ADV type though. Never tried none.

when the PCX came out it was a game changer

When the Aerox came out it was a game changer

When the ADV came out it was a game changer ...

• Haha 1

Aerox vs NMax comparison discussed on this forum before, hopefully you can find more info via search...

Most of it mentioned above, and your mention of slight rough ride on A is correct (I notice it too), I think N is a bit smoother, saying that remember N has smaller wheels, so A can handle potholes a bit better, but N having 2x ABS is quite something for this price range and scooter size...

Once you rent the N as well you will know what is best for you...

• Thanks 1

On 3/11/2022 at 10:32 AM, Henryford said:

I have had both and would say the Aerox is better, and cheaper. The NMAX had great brakes though and ABS, which the lower model Aeroxs don't. I am a small guy so found the Aerox easier to handle. Maybe a larger guy would prefer the NMAX.

I can't use an Aerox, my knees keeps hitting the faring so Nmax for me if have to choose between the two.

I seen the Nmax in some pretty cool colors lately, likely the yearly updates.