Covid extensions after March 25?

Sorry If I missed it in the thread, but is there any new info as of today about Volunteer visa covid extensions?  As of Friday seemed up to the IO's, and in my smaller town they definitely aren't trying to rock the boat and make any decisions by themselves.  I guess it may be time to get a ticket, though i really wanted to wait it out with all of the the stress of testing and mask wearing required for the long trip.    The US Embassy hasn't been very helpful that seems to be around.  My apologies if this has been covered.  Cheers!

I have an under consideration stamp until 31 March and IO told me to come back on 31.

I went to Jomtien Imm at 0930 today 29 as I didn't want to wait until last day. They took my passport and said come back 2pm tomorrow. Good thing I didn't wait until last day as I could have been on overstay.

So that will be 4 trips to immigration to get the covid extension. Talk about dragging out the process ????

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, aussiexpat said:

I have an under consideration stamp until 31 March and IO told me to come back on 31.

I went to Jomtien Imm at 0930 today 29 as I didn't want to wait until last day. They took my passport and said come back 2pm tomorrow. Good thing I didn't wait until last day as I could have been on overstay.

So that will be 4 trips to immigration to get the covid extension. Talk about dragging out the process ????

Think your plan was to obtain a non O and 12 month extension?

Why did you bother with the covid extension.

4 wasted trips in my book. 

17 hours ago, samahan said:

Sorry If I missed it in the thread, but is there any new info as of today about Volunteer visa covid extensions?  As of Friday seemed up to the IO's, and in my smaller town they definitely aren't trying to rock the boat and make any decisions by themselves.  I guess it may be time to get a ticket, though i really wanted to wait it out with all of the the stress of testing and mask wearing required for the long trip.    The US Embassy hasn't been very helpful that seems to be around.  My apologies if this has been covered.  Cheers!

Still the same. Only Visa Exempt and Tourist Visa can be extended under covid extension program. I recommend exiting to Cambodia. It's the "easiest" exit point in the region.

1 hour ago, aussiexpat said:

Yep, the process of getting covid extensions at Jomtien seems to have changed again. Last time it was 3 trips to immigration, this time around it seems like its going to be 4 trips..Tommorow you won't need to go into the building, there will be a table outside at the gate, just hand your ticket and collect your passport.easy.

6 minutes ago, audaciousnomad said:

Still the same. Only Visa Exempt and Tourist Visa can be extended under covid extension program. I recommend exiting to Cambodia. It's the "easiest" exit point in the region.

Appreciate the advice, and not being vaccinated seems like time to take a trip back home.  Cheers!

1 hour ago, aussiexpat said:

Unless the extension has been rejected (in which case they would have called you to tell you) you cannot be on overstay because you go a few days after your report back date when your application is under consideration. It is, in fact, fairly common that immigration is late in approving the extension, and you are given a new report back date (not stamped in your passport) when you go to immigration on or shortly after the report back date.

1 hour ago, Daithi85 said:

Yep, the process of getting covid extensions at Jomtien seems to have changed again. Last time it was 3 trips to immigration, this time around it seems like its going to be 4 trips..Tommorow you won't need to go into the building, there will be a table outside at the gate, just hand your ticket and collect your passport.easy.

Only the first time you need to queue up and go in the building. Other 3 times are all done at the tent at the front. Very quick but still a pain having to come from Pattaya in this heat...must be getting old ???? 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, samahan said:

Appreciate the advice, and not being vaccinated seems like time to take a trip back home.  Cheers!

It's worth a shot to try for a covid extension if you've had a Non-O, Non-ED etc.. according to the changes in the new order. I read this: "people on Non-Immigrant type visas or extensions CAN now apply for the 60 day covid extension (the previous program they could not)

You need to fill out the form stating your embassy doesn't issue a letter asking for you to get an extension and you should be able to apply for a 60 day covid extension now for 1900baht."

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Ohyesuare said:

It's worth a shot to try for a covid extension if you've had a Non-O, Non-ED etc.. according to the changes in the new order. I read this: "people on Non-Immigrant type visas or extensions CAN now apply for the 60 day covid extension (the previous program they could not)

You need to fill out the form stating your embassy doesn't issue a letter asking for you to get an extension and you should be able to apply for a 60 day covid extension now for 1900baht."

Is this a definite that people who had non o visa type can now once again get covid extensions? My mate is about to pay alot of money to get an education visa because they were told no more covid extensions.

11 minutes ago, Daithi85 said:

Is this a definite that people who had non o visa type can now once again get covid extensions? My mate is about to pay alot of money to get an education visa because they were told no more covid extensions.

Not a definite but the wording exclusively forbidding it is not in the new order so it's worth a shot to try and apply. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Tropicalevo said:

A friend went to Samui immigration today and was given a 'Covid' extension until May 2nd.

Looks like it is up to the local office to make a decision.

Yes but what type of visa did he enter Thailand with? 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Tropicalevo said:

A friend went to Samui immigration today and was given a 'Covid' extension until May 2nd.

Looks like it is up to the local office to make a decision.

Is May 2nd an "under consideration" report back date? An application accepted today for the full 60 days would expire 28 May (most likely later if this was not a first Covid extension).

Did your friend enter Thailand visa exempt, with a tourist visa, or some other way? Did your friend convert to a non immigrant entry type (by applying for a visa at immigration) since his initial entry into Thailand?

Pleasant surprise from Jomtien today. I read on here the first covid extension was from the date of application, while following extensions would apply from date of expiry.

However, I applied on 3 March and picked up my final stamp today granted until 13 May (so full 60 days from my 14 March exempt extension date). Nice extra 2 weeks I didn't think I'd get ????

• Like 1

5 hours ago, aussiexpat said:

Pleasant surprise from Jomtien today. I read on here the first covid extension was from the date of application, while following extensions would apply from date of expiry.

However, I applied on 3 March and picked up my final stamp today granted until 13 May (so full 60 days from my 14 March exempt extension date). Nice extra 2 weeks I didn't think I'd get ????

What documents you needed to produce? Was TM30 required? Embassy letter required?

12 minutes ago, sas_cars said:

What documents you needed to produce? Was TM30 required? Embassy letter required?

Normal documents needed same as general extension (TM7 extension form, copies of passport page, entry stamp, TM6, TM30 and Photo) + affadavit + form to acknowledge penalties for overstay (all forms provided at immigration)

• Like 1

Any good news for us Non O volunteer visas looking for another extension?  Got a ticket booked for tomorrow night barring a miracle announcement tomorrow.  Weather is <deleted> as usual at home and would be a blessing to get the extra two months.   Cheers!

1 hour ago, samahan said:

Any good news for us Non O volunteer visas looking for another extension?  Got a ticket booked for tomorrow night barring a miracle announcement tomorrow.  Weather is <deleted> as usual at home and would be a blessing to get the extra two months.   Cheers!

Have you tried to get one and been denied?

• Like 1

On 3/15/2022 at 5:51 AM, CrunchWrapSupreme said:

It puts me in a pickle. I'm a teacher and my contract's up for renewal. My visa's running out. Word is the start of the next term will be delayed a month or so due to Covid, as it was last year. Word is they want to start my new contract a few months late. In the meantime, they're hinting I take the Covid extension to fill that gap. Hah. I gotta tell them it doesn't look like they're giving them out anymore, now they're sending folks home. They can go ahead and not pay me for those months school's not open, but I need my visa.

Maybe they could put all teachers hanging around waiting for the term to start on a volunteer visa .. I mean, you are giving up your time for free while they are postponing the term.

Maybe they could give you some coriander seeds to grow to keep you going.

4 hours ago, Ohyesuare said:

Have you tried to get one and been denied?

I tried on the 25th when my time was up and they gave me the 7 day emergency.  I am in central Thailand and definitely not in a place where any IO would rock the boat or make any decision in my favor on their own.  I guess never know what tomorrow holds, worth a shot.  

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, samahan said:

I tried on the 25th when my time was up and they gave me the 7 day emergency.  I am in central Thailand and definitely not in a place where any IO would rock the boat or make any decision in my favor on their own.  I guess never know what tomorrow holds, worth a shot.  

If you got 7 days, it is unlikely. Did you check with any agencies? Otherwise, have a nice trip it seems.

36 minutes ago, samahan said:

I'm starting to laugh at your thread.

You have already obtained the 7 day get out of dodge stamp and seem to joke about overstay.

Dumb and Dumber movie comes to mind. 

Perhaps I have misunderstood.

Not many would court this plan 

6 hours ago, samahan said:

Looking at all your posts in this thread, you appear to have had your permission to stay cancelled, and been ordered out of the country no later than tomorrow (Friday). Is there something I have misinterpreted? Do you think there will suddenly be an announcement to the effect that orders to leave Thailand have all been rescinded?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, samahan said:

The bad news is that there is 0% chance of you staying here legally with the "7-days" stamp. It's a final decision and  you must leave. You can leave and attempt to re-enter, but you absolutely will be unable to get any extension with that stamp.

1 hour ago, audaciousnomad said:

The bad news is that there is 0% chance of you staying here legally with the "7-days" stamp. It's a final decision and  you must leave. You can leave and attempt to re-enter, but you absolutely will be unable to get any extension with that stamp.

The only possible exception is a medical extension. If he happened to be positive on a Covid-19 test (taken professionally, not a self test) then he could be declared unable to leave because of it. He would still need to leave as soon as medical opinion dictated that he was fit to travel, but would give him a few more days. Of course, if planning to infect yourself with Covid-19 you need a bit more forward planning than hoping for something to turn up in the next 12 hours.

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

I'm starting to laugh at your thread.

You have already obtained the 7 day get out of dodge stamp and seem to joke about overstay.

Dumb and Dumber movie comes to mind. 

Perhaps I have misunderstood.

Not many would court this plan 

I think you have misunderstood. He has a flight ticket home. But yes, as others have said, with the 7 day stamp, even if everyone started reporting successful COVID extensions on Non-Os, he would still have to leave because of that stamp unless he found an agent that could work some real magic.

10 minutes ago, Ohyesuare said:

I think you have misunderstood. He has a flight ticket home. But yes, as others have said, with the 7 day stamp, even if everyone started reporting successful COVID extensions on Non-Os, he would still have to leave because of that stamp unless he found an agent that could work some real magic.

Haven't misunderstood.

The op has a notice to exit.

Agent cannot do anything.

He could have done visa run to Phnom Penh with prudent planning.

This statement from the OP sums it up........

"Weather is <deleted> as usual at home and would be a blessing to get the extra two months."

Time to exit..

Thanks for the help and info I really appreciate it!  In this day in age there is too much info out there which almost makes it harder than not enough.  This for sure was the best place to get answers, thanks again.  

3 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Haven't misunderstood.

The op has a notice to exit.

Agent cannot do anything.

He could have done visa run to Phnom Penh with prudent planning.

This statement from the OP sums it up........

"Weather is <deleted> as usual at home and would be a blessing to get the extra two months."

Time to exit..

Misunderstood about him planning to overstay I meant. Unless I missed it, I saw nothing about him indicating he was even considering that, just that the IOs where he lives don't make decisions on their own and follow what others do. Yes he could have done a visa run but even that isn't a 100% guarantee according to some reports if he has been here for years on a volunteer visa and covid extensions. He has a ticket home and has accepted he will have to leave but I don't blame him for praying for a miracle, as unlikely as it might be. I would probably be doing the same thing if I had to return to my country's horrible weather right now. 

• Like 1