Thailand drops pre-departure RT-PCR tests for overseas arrivals, allows Songkran celebrations

snoop1130

First thought was then the 1-day quarantine etc must be being removed as well...nope..bonkers.

The stupid stick seems to hit those hardest that make the key decisions in Thailand...intellect does not seem to well to the top..only people who have bought their position through corrupt means...it will have the opposite effect with foreigners...probably people will take some kind of test pre-departure to avoid being banged up....doooh !

• Like 1

7 hours ago, grego49 said:

The test and go scam continues,Bali,Vietnam and the Phillipines are all open and enjoying the dollars that used to be spent in Thailand,

NB official Ministry of Tourism, Republic of Indonesia tourism page travel to Bali scroll down to 2. Arrival protocols

https://www.indonesia.travel/th/en/news/latest-travel-regulations-to-enter-bali

8 hours ago, darksidedog said:

Well, its good news if you want to come here next month, assuming of course that you don't book and pay for a flight and hotel, only for the rules to change again just before you are due to board. That couldn't happen here though right? :cheesy:

Well you are being a little generous there. The rules can change while you are actually in flight as well. My flight last week from JFK to Singapore to BKK took 22 hours. I think there have been flip flops in far shorter time periods ????

• Like 2

Then there is always this:

The Plane Is Boarding, Where Are Your Test Results?
International travelers in search of Covid-19 tests are scrambling to find sites that can get them results before their flights take off — and sometimes failing.

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/12/31/travel/covid-test-chaos.html

But for international travelers who need tests to enter their destinations, getting tested in time is easier said than done. Finding a test has become increasingly difficult — appointments are booked and walk-in sites often have hourslong waits. And even if you can get a test, it is far from guaranteed that your results will come back in time for you to board.

• Like 2

From what i understand about it  no PCR test to fly too thailand.once there u still need 1 day hotel  and test i believe.Maybe show your nhs app and jabs up to date.People are still needing a thailand pass,but may change april 1st.So i will wait a  bit longer before i push the button again and book.

I don't think your insurance will cover costs associated with a false positive test. The reason is you are not sick and were not sick when tested. Just the test was not accurate.

They will hang on to the "Test and Go" for as long as possible. They are only interested in the money they can rake off once the tourist has arrived. The cost of the pre flight PCR test is paid in the home country so has no financial benefit to Thailand and its leaches. 

• Like 1