COVID-19: Thailand reports 25,804 new coronavirus cases, 87 deaths, 18,801 recoveries

webfact

COV19.jpg

File photo

Thailand on Saturday (March 19) reported 25,804 new COVID-19 cases, 18,801 recoveries and 87 additional deaths over the past 24 hours. 

Saturday’s cases bring the total number of COVID-19 infections in Thailand to 3,328,973 with 24,12 deaths.

The news comes as Deputy Prime Minister and Public Health Minister Anutin Charnvirakul has disclosed that the ministry has prepared the required medical equipment, medicines, and vaccine to combat any Covid-19 mutations. This includes the Deltacron variant that the World Health Organization (WHO) is actively monitoring. He emphasized that preventive measures remain effective as long as people strictly adhere to the ministry’s regulations.

Meanwhile, the public health minister presided over the opening of the Thailand International Health EXPO 2022 on Thursday. During the event, WHO director-general Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus gave a speech via teleconference commending Thailand’s handling of the Covid-19 pandemic. He also expressed optimism about the Covid-19 situation and the global vaccination system.*

*NNT contributed to this report

Discover Cigna’s range of health insurance solutions created for expats and local nationals living in Thailand - click to view

Keep up to date with all things Thailand - Join our daily ASEAN NOW Thailand Newsletter - Click to subscribe

Asean-now_Covid-Dashboard-Stats-Graphic-Template-Thailand-(update19MAR).png

asean_now_BB.jpg

-- © Copyright  ASEAN NOW 2022-03-19

- Aetna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Get your business in front of millions of customers who read ASEAN NOW with an interest in Thailand every month - email [email protected] for more information
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, anchadian said:

So over 5k cases in the Chonburi province.  That seems like it could continue to rise with the cases vs. the ATK tests (reported).  Lets just say that the numbers of ATK test un-reported are 2x's the number reported that would indicate the Chonburi Province is actually seeing over 10k cases a day which could actually be more in line with what folks are seeing from anecdotal evidence.

For those who may have missed it yesterday, the government forecast that the current upward rollercoaster ride of higher COVID case counts and deaths is likely to continue for weeks more to come:

The red line projections reflect a loosening of COVID restrictions, which the government is planning to do to a limited extent. The yellow line projections reflect more or less the current levels of restrictions:

Daily COVID cases hitting 50,000 to 100,000:

1556773830_2022-03-18COVIDprojection.jpg.cf763f1cf0f17a5ab5558e15f8f85443.jpg

Daily COVID deaths hitting 140 to 250:

1074899529_2022-03-18COVIDdeathsprojectiond.jpg.967dbde8bde7e8dd7211b88eb6daa9d8.jpg

https://www.facebook.com/informationcovid19/photos/a.106455480972785/524336139184715/?type=3

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

Cases are rising and from my experiences this week I know many who have it, like my GF and now myself. 6 days in and the GF has weathered the storm.  I have a headache, low grade fever, upper respiratory issues, dizziness and fatigue. Even vaccinated and staying away from folks did not keep myself from picking up the virus, but being vaccinated instead and boosted sure seems to be making it feel like a very heavy cold or even a bad flu.  I would hate to think of where I would be or how I would feel if I was unvaccinated.

As I said I know many others here in BKK that have finally been hit by it.  However, I will not be an arrogant and ignorant person and go out and about like many are doing  and while not even wearing a mask outside to help in reducing the spread.

What are you taking for it?

4 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

Be interesting to know the proportions of the dead by brand of vaccine they took.

maybe, (could/should/would  555)  the Sinovac from China 555

• Like 1

3 hours ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

For those who may have missed it yesterday, the government forecast that the current upward rollercoaster ride of higher COVID case counts and deaths is likely to continue for weeks more to come:

The red line projections reflect a loosening of COVID restrictions, which the government is planning to do to a limited extent. The yellow line projections reflect more or less the current levels of restrictions:

Daily COVID cases hitting 50,000 to 100,000:

1556773830_2022-03-18COVIDprojection.jpg.cf763f1cf0f17a5ab5558e15f8f85443.jpg

Daily COVID deaths hitting 140 to 250:

1074899529_2022-03-18COVIDdeathsprojectiond.jpg.967dbde8bde7e8dd7211b88eb6daa9d8.jpg

https://www.facebook.com/informationcovid19/photos/a.106455480972785/524336139184715/?type=3

This is interesting from an intellectual point of view. However, predicting the future, based on innacurate data about the past, is useless.

• Thanks 1

Overall negative reaction to Thai Covid-19 center meeting, majority of business owners, tourists want much further and faster easing of restrictions

The overall reaction to yesterday's #Thai Covid Center announcements was tepid at best and outright negative, with vows to continue to fight to lift all restrictions as soon as possible, at worst.

https://thepattayanews.com/2022/03/19/overall-negative-reaction-to-thai-covid-19-center-meeting-majority-of-business-owners-tourists-want-much-further-and-faster-easing-of-restrictions/

23 minutes ago, anchadian said:

Overall negative reaction to Thai Covid-19 center meeting, majority of business owners, tourists want much further and faster easing of restrictions

The overall reaction to yesterday's #Thai Covid Center announcements was tepid at best and outright negative, with vows to continue to fight to lift all restrictions as soon as possible, at worst.

https://thepattayanews.com/2022/03/19/overall-negative-reaction-to-thai-covid-19-center-meeting-majority-of-business-owners-tourists-want-much-further-and-faster-easing-of-restrictions/

The tourist and business owners want to lift things because it is killing their ability to earn money and the tourists feel it is a major inconvenience to be tested and then wear masks as many in their own countries are not required to do so.

However, the Thai people from reading the article itself the poster above has posted see it the opposite 

"Thai people on social media, about potentially easing the outdoor mask mandate (another sore point for foreign tourists), were highly negative, causing the Thai government to reverse on mulling removing the mandate for public areas like parks and beaches"

No matter how Thailand tries to move forward this Government looks at it in the complete 180 degree inverse.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Bkk Brian said:

PCR test positive cases, total of 25,804 official new infections. 87 official covid deaths recorded.

Rapid tests positive cases, 16,658 bringing the total of PCR and ATK results to 42,462

https://ddc.moph.go.th/covid19-dashboard/

OWD rolling 7 day average, cases and deaths up to 17th March

https://ourworldindata.org/coronavirus/country/thailand

image.png.29faf4c0b6a949c57d06b66cca90a02d.png

image.png.45213039d0f8a51c9512aa399fa3cd8f.png

image.png.0885d4a2f0a6487d117deb24e2d89490.png

That's the strangest seven-day rolling average of anything I've ever seen.  Kinda suggests that somebody somewhere is manipulating the figures.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Macrohistory said:

That's the strangest seven-day rolling average of anything I've ever seen.  Kinda suggests that somebody somewhere is manipulating the figures.

You think so....yes we all think so to, well some of us do at least.

• Like 2