COVID-19: Thailand reports 25,804 new coronavirus cases, 87 deaths, 18,801 recoveries

webfact

15 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

The tourist and business owners want to lift things because it is killing their ability to earn money and the tourists feel it is a major inconvenience to be tested and then wear masks as many in their own countries are not required to do so.

Not just the business owners, there are 4.37 million people in the tourism sector in Thailand who after 2 years want their jobs back,  you fail to see the larger picture.

https://www.statista.com/statistics/1143477/thailand-employment-in-tourism-sector/

Edited by sungod
  • Thanks 2

20 hours ago, Bkk Brian said:

Not getting vaccinated is like walking into speeding Bangkok traffic: Dr Yong

People should study the benefits and side effects of available brands in order to make the best decision, he said.

But deciding not to get vaccinated was like inviting an accident by stepping off the pavement into the busy traffic on Silom Road, he added.

https://www.nationthailand.com/life/40013563

He was also a big proponent of Sinovac from China which provided almost zero protection from alpha onwards while subjecting people to risk of side effects

Update for Sunday (since there apparently won't be a separate Sunday news thread on this):

1073408380_Dash2022-03-20b.jpg.f9fb5c2ebe1b2db3345df18c7e6b036c.jpg

https://www.facebook.com/prbangkok/posts/281150867526403

24,996 new COVID cases reported Sunday, classified as:

--24,965 domestic patients

--31 patients from abroad

Down from the 25,804 reported Saturday

Total of 1,130,534 cases (since 1 January 2565)

-------------------------

84 new COVID deaths, down from the yearly record high 87 reported Saturday

1,432 serious condition COVID pneumonia cases being treated in hospitals

A new record high for the year, up from the 1,414 reported Saturday

On average, 18 serious condition COVID cases per province (77 provinces)

National average hospital bed occupancy rate of 25.9%, up from the 25.6% rate reported Saturday

240,139 current COVID patients being treated, up from the 237,519 reported Saturday

---------------------

22,292 recovered COVID patients

Total 921,090 recovered patients (since 1 January 2565)

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 3/19/2022 at 10:30 AM, sungod said:

Couldn't agree more, but there is no need to call them arrogant is there?

"no need to call them arrogant is there?"  What???? There is plenty of need to call them arrogant. They are just a bunch of poorly educated tinpot soldiers who should not be dabbling in politics, and care for nobody but themselves and their bank balances.

• Confused 1

"The first batch of Molnupiravir antiviral capsules for treating COVID-19 has arrived in Thailand and will be distributed by the Department of Medical Services (DMS) to hospitals starting this week.

The DMS received 2 million Molnupiravir pills manufactured by Merck & Co, purchased under an agreement between the DMS and Merck's subsidiary, MSD Thailand.

The 2 million capsules are sufficient for treating 50,000 patients, with each course consisting of 8 capsules taken daily for 5 consecutive days. DMS Director-General Dr Somsak Akksilp said the drug will be prescribed for elderly patients and those with underlying health conditions who are not yet in need of respiratory support."

https://www.facebook.com/nbtworld/posts/10158555650532050

This medication has a relatively low effectiveness rate, about 30% if I recall correctly, whereas the similar medication Paxlovid has a much higher rate of effectiveness. The article said a government purchase contract for Pfizer's Paxlovid pills will be signed next week, no estimate on their arrival time.

1 hour ago, mtls2005 said:

thai health authorities did say they wanted to declare COVID endemic by July.

mophbb022022.jpg

and you believe the Thai health authorities??  We are talking here about a Health Minister with a degree in engineering. No qualifications on anything to do with health.

1 hour ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Newly reported official COVID cases dipped for a second consecutive day to 24,996 on Sunday, which is common for weekend reports, while the numbers of serious cases in hospital (1,432) and hospitalized patients requiring intubation to breathe (521) both set new record highs for the year.

Newly reported COVID deaths declined slightly to 84, down from the yearly record high tally of 87 on Saturday. But the total number of current COVID cases under care (hospitals and alternate arrangements) rose to 240,139 and also hit a new record high for the year.

Sunday's update from the Ministry of Public Health continued a recent pattern of new COVID case numbers declining on the weekends, only then to rise to new highs during the following week.

Sunday's tally of 24,996 new COVID case also was a 6% increase from the 23,584 reported last Sunday.

The combination of Sunday's official new COVID cases plus the 25,859 new unofficial cases reported via positive ATK tests hit a total of 50,855, up 15.3% from the comparable 44,096 tally from last Sunday.

1820974595_Daily2022-03-20a.jpg.f7e0cbf10cb85debeae9f8877a849cd5.jpg

1373040384_Daily2022-03-20b.jpg.d490a385b060b7ff9a041b4cbfa914d1.jpg

1438046220_Dash2022-03-20.jpg.868a190699a474dfd125a10a1b267fb8.jpg

https://ddc.moph.go.th/covid19-dashboard/?dashboard=main

For added context, during the peak of the Delta wave last fall, Thailand's daily COVID case count topped out at 23,418, but the numbers of serious hospital cases and intubated patients peaked above 5,600 and 1,100 respectively, and daily deaths topped 300 for a brief period.

Every day, for weeks on end, the test positivity rate is exactly 49.11%.  Imagine the probability of that happening in real life.

1 hour ago, possum1931 said:

"no need to call them arrogant is there?"  What???? There is plenty of need to call them arrogant. They are just a bunch of poorly educated tinpot soldiers who should not be dabbling in politics, and care for nobody but themselves and their bank balances.

Your like a pit bull ready to attack, go back and read the comment your replying too. 

• Sad 1

On 3/19/2022 at 10:33 AM, ThailandRyan said:

The arrogant are those folks who could stay inside but choose to waive their "It's my right to do what I want flag" knowing they are in the wrong.  

Wrong for doing what?

19 minutes ago, 2009 said:

Wrong for doing what?

For going out and about and not wearing a mask and spreading the virus they are infected with, sort of like before covid and spreading the flu and others simply because they do not give a rats behind about others and their life comes first.  You baited and I answered so hows that.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

For going out and about and not wearing a mask and spreading the virus they are infected with, sort of like before covid and spreading the flu and others simply because they do not give a rats behind about others and their life comes first.  You baited and I answered so hows that.

Yeah, I agree people should be considerate a d wear masks when out.

I thought you were meaning people shouldn't be going out. Lol

1 minute ago, 2009 said:

Yeah, I agree people should be considerate a d wear masks when out.

I thought you were meaning people shouldn't be going out. Lol

They shouldn't at least not until after the first 5 days and symptoms have subsided and then if they do they should be wearing a mask. You still don't get it I am afraid.

• Like 1

Just now, 2009 said:

What's not to get? Haha

Find another OP to bait and troll on my friend.  Covid is still a serious threat to folks, maybe not to you, and no I am not scared of it, I have it now, but I am a responsible person who looks out for that reason and the fact I could infect others which could possibly lead to a death. That probably has never entered your mind.

• Like 2

AFAIK, the Thai media aren't doing EN translations of the MoPH's top COVID provinces case reports issued daily. But even when they did, Bangkok was always at the top of the list because of the enormous size of its population compared to all the other provinces.

But that kind of look tends to be misleading, whereas a per capita ranking (cases per 100,000 population) is a more accurate way to judge just how much COVID activity is occurring from place to place.

Here below is forum member Eaglekott's latest provinces ranking based on per capita new COVID cases, and Bangkok is nowhere near the top of the list, and not even in the top 30 excerpt of the complete list posted below. But Phuket and Chonburi are in the top 10, at least for that day:

Screenshot_29.jpg.79ba34575f0dc743a49403bc71963819.jpg

https://aseannow.com/topic/1221220-information-about-new-covid-19-cases-per-province/?do=findComment&comment=17254042

• Thanks 2

Thailand reports 23,441 new COVID-19 cases, 88 deaths, 23,153 recoveries

COV21.jpg

File photo

Thailand on Monday (March 21) reported 23,441 new COVID-19 cases, 23,153 recoveries and 88 additional deaths over the past 24 hours. 

Full story: https://aseannow.com/topic/1254117-thailand-reports-23441-new-covid-19-cases-88-deaths-23153-recoveries/

//CLOSED//

/Admin