Zipper replacement

PJ71

1 hour ago, Golden Triangle said:

I suppose it depends on the length of the zip, is it a short one like on jeans or trousers, or as you say coveralls, so is that from the groin area to top of chest  ??

yes, that's the issue, i'd say about 2 - 2.5ft.

Search your area for those ladies sitting out front with a sewing machine and ask, last time I got a regular sized zipper replaced from a sewing machine lady I think I paid 30b, but I live on the Darkside where things are often cheaper.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Bruno123 said:

Your best bet is the sois to the East of Tukcom. There are supply shops, tailors and workshops concentrated in one area.

Sorry i don't carry a compass, it this towards the beach or towards sukhumvit?

Thx

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, PJ71 said:

Sorry i don't carry a compass, it this towards the beach or towards sukhumvit?

Thx

Hmm...

If north is at one end of the beach and south is on the other....where do you imagine east might be? ???? 

In the soi with Osaka Japanese restaurant. From there, second alley on the left. You'll be spoilt for choice.

Edited by Bruno123
  • Confused 1

24 minutes ago, Bruno123 said:

If north is at one end of the beach and south is on the other....where do you imagine east might be?

As mentioned a compass is not part of my arsenal.

Anyway thanks, i'll have a drive about that area, SSW ish.

5 hours ago, PJ71 said:

As mentioned a compass is not part of my arsenal.

Anyway thanks, i'll have a drive about that area, SSW ish.

You have a car/motorbike and still need basic Thai dealings spoon fed to you??  How old are you? 12 or 80?

Edited by bbko

One often saw a sewing machine set up in front of shop doorways, which was an advert for such services. Seen them on Klang, on the South side heading away from 2nd Rd beach behind you... most are defunct Indian restaurants now. Also on Tai, again South side heading away from 2nd Rd out of town.  Take a walk... maybe someone trying to sell you a suit will take the job on!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, bbko said:

You have a car/motorbike and still need basic Thai dealings spoon fed to you??  How old are you? 12 or 80?

Sorry i was n't a boy scout, would most people just say "come out of Tukcom and turn left / right and it's about xx meters on your right / left" ?

I never went to boy scouts so orienteerting (sp) are not good.

6 minutes ago, PJ71 said:

Sorry i was n't a boy scout, would most people just say "come out of Tukcom and turn left / right and it's about xx meters on your right / left" ?

I never went to boy scouts so orienteerting (sp) are not good.

Do you know where CheapCharlie, is? One  sewinglady closeby.

12 minutes ago, PJ71 said:

But that would change depending on what door you came out.

Saying East of Tukcom is less prone to error and the poster probably didn't expect the only guy in Pattaya that doesn't know the darkside is east to be requesting the information.

42 minutes ago, treetops said:

But that would change depending on what door you came out.

Saying East of Tukcom is less prone to error and the poster probably didn't expect the only guy in Pattaya that doesn't know the darkside is east to be requesting the information.

Aha, but you could specify the door, ie "come out the front/back door".

I will look for a compass on Lazada, it seems to be the method of choice for directions. If you see someone walking about near Tukcom with a compass, that'll be me ( or all other forum users ) lol.

16 minutes ago, PJ71 said:

Aha, but you could specify the door, ie "come out the front/back door".

Aha, but you didn't in your post just as others might not in theirs - an easy error of omission to make  but one which would be countered by using east, west etc.

18 minutes ago, PJ71 said:

If you see someone walking about near Tukcom with a compass, that'll be me ( or all other forum users ) lol.

Just remember Naklua is north, Jomtien is south, the sea is west and the darkside is east, just like everyone else without a compass does. ????

5 minutes ago, treetops said:

Aha, but you didn't in your post just as others might not in theirs - an easy error of omission to make  but one which would be countered by using east, west etc.

Just remember Naklua is north, Jomtien is south, the sea is west and the darkside is east, just like everyone else without a compass does. ????

It's a peculiar way to give directions, i've not encountered else where....

Most would say " go straight and then turn left / right, follow that road for xx meters / kms and then next right and NOT

continue north and then go west / east and then follow that road for xx meters / kms then next east, right?

1 minute ago, PJ71 said:

Most would say " go straight and then turn left / right, follow that road for xx meters / kms and then next right and NOT

continue north and then go west / east and then follow that road for xx meters / kms then next east, right?

Correct, but conversely you would not say to the left of Tukcom or to the right of Big C etc as no one would know what way you were facing or coming from, so east is the best descriptor in this case.

Enough anyway - haven't you got to go and get a zip repaired?

7 minutes ago, PJ71 said:

Just curious.. Where is Central Pattaya? ????