Anutin - "Returning happiness and income to the people" via marijuana - opens big fair this week

webfact

42 minutes ago, RocketDog said:

No doubt there is some pretty potent weed around these days and it can be a real kick occasionally. I hear ya, party on dude!

Certainly with the correct 'set and setting' as Timothy Leary said, drug experiences can be enhanced. Telling ghost stories in a darkened room is with proper mood music is an example.

The somatic experience can also be varied and intense at times, so could qualify as a physical hallucination (out of body), and there can be auditory hallucinations as well. But true visual hallucinations, not colorful geometric patterns and 'breathing walls', generally only happen under high doses of true ethnobotanicals such as DMT, LSD, mescaline, and psilocybin. They can be pretty unsettling even to experienced users, and potentially very dangerous. Synesthesia, the scrambling of sensory input is also common with low doses of psychedelics, and can be pretty entertaining too for short periods. Hearing color, seeing music, feeling smells,etc. Some poor souls are afflicted with this naturally.

I was really just poking some gentle fun because a trip heavy enough to cause true hallucinations is generally pretty uncomfortable in other ways. I don't take such excursions here  in my later (wiser?) years.

With you all the way, "man"! ???? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Wagga said:

Bloody hell, when will you (non-ganja smoking) armchair experts learn to get your facts straight before you post. The 'marijuana' they are talking about is Hemp, non-hallucinating cannabis. That will have absolutely no effect on a persons driving ability.

You won't get much health benefit without the THC either, muppets....

• Like 2

10 hours ago, WEBBYB808 said:

All the plants in the photo are male...  male plants dont bring much joy, needs to be female plant to offer happiness 

Friends in Canada used to keep the female plants sealed in polythene as they swore they keep producing 'resin' until they are fertilized. Don't know if it's true or not. I'm not a user, prefer my couple of G&T's at night, or a couple of good single malts. Hic!!

Edited by overherebc
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, vandeventer said:

We must keep an eye on the accident rate if everyone can get this stuff. Can't the government see this will not make them better drivers but the worst in the world.

Please try to keep up, Thais are already running first or second as the world's worst drivers.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

5 hours ago, vandeventer said:

We must keep an eye on the accident rate if everyone can get this stuff. Can't the government see this will not make them better drivers but the worst in the world.

You ever had medical marijuana - the CBD kind? Wouldn't get a fly high. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, thailand49 said:

He should check if the stuff can prevent the spread of Covid now that would certainly bring some happy smiles. 

Shhh! Don't give him ideas - because he believes that everybody believes everything he says! Also, it's just the sort of innane comment he would make, and he's maybe got "trillionaire" in his sights, apart from being the next PM! (Buddha forbid!)

Edited by sambum
Additional text
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, RocketDog said:

There are always those who believe that morality can be legislated, similar to the religious zealots that spend their lives proselytizing (annoying) their neighbors while offering no evidence to support their rants. Fear is a time honored tool of those wishing to control others.

They become self-appointed experts in how people should live, and simply ignore any evidence to the contrary of  their opinions.

As marijuana legalization moved across the United States government authorities funded study after study to prove that cannabis would raise traffic death tolls. Needless to say, no substantial evidence was found; that ship sailed years ago. At the time it seemed as intuitively obvious as cannibis use lowering the blood sugar levels of users, hence the 'munchies'. Of course that is also false, otherwise it would be a huge boon to diabetes patients.

Some people cling to any idea that forwards their argument regardless of its veracity. It's called 'willful ignorance' and is just a quirk of human nature.

"............similar to the religious zealots that spend their lives proselytizing (annoying) their neighbors while offering no evidence to support their rants."

Hear, hear!  And some of these "religious zealots" are normally quite "sensible" people!

I once had a Warehouse Manager that was one of these "RZ's", and used to say things like "I know that when I die I am going to go to Heaven". So I said "If you say that you BELIEVE 100% that when you die you are going to Heaven, I will believe you, but you can't KNOW! How do you KNOW? Have you ever had a postcard from "the other side"? His answer?:- "Now you're just being silly - I KNOW!"  

So who was being "silly"?

• Like 2

5 hours ago, sambum said:

"Skunk" from Holland comes pretty close - I think I had an "out of body" experience once with it while listening to "War of the Worlds" on headphones in a darkened room!

Okis, if you're confused by my post, you obviously have not tried "skunk"!

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, RandiRona said:

If it does nothing, why take it? I am not against people taking it, I am for some controls to manage it.

Btw,  below is research study if you care.

https://nida.nih.gov/publications/research-reports/marijuana/does-marijuana-use-affect-driving#:~:text=Marijuana is the illicit drug most frequently found,and because people frequently combine it with alcohol.

Marijuana is the illicit drug most frequently found in the blood of drivers who have been involved in vehicle crashes, including fatal ones.10 Two large European studies found that drivers with THC in their blood were roughly twice as likely to be culpable for a fatal crash than drivers who had not used drugs or alcohol.11,12 However, the role played by marijuana in crashes is often unclear because it can be detected in body fluids for days or even weeks after intoxication and because people frequently combine it with alcohol. 

so the studies conclusion is,  it's unclear if THC is a contributing factor or not. 

18 hours ago, webfact said:

But INN's report indicated that no one will be getting high.

It's all about parts of the plant that don't have or have extremely low quantities of the chemical that makes recreational users high - THC. 

I am very curious how many people will choose to visit Thailand for this reason. At the beginning, I thought, finally Thailand is doing something more other than building another temple. It is sad that the powers that be don't see that other things like craft beers will help out domestic society. I smoke, but this does not attract me to Thailand at all if I am not able to feel anything from it. Good to get medical marijuana off the floor though. 

18 hours ago, overherebc said:

Friends in Canada used to keep the female plants sealed in polythene as they swore they keep producing 'resin' until they are fertilized. Don't know if it's true or not. I'm not a user, prefer my couple of G&T's at night, or a couple of good single malts. Hic!!

The bags might be a good idea just to keep the rain from washing away the trichomes if planted outside. Good tip worth a try. Thanks.

15 minutes ago, RocketDog said:

The bags might be a good idea just to keep the rain from washing away the trichomes if planted outside. Good tip worth a try. Thanks.

As I said, just what I was told. Never really bothered with weed myself. Always find it slightly amusing when expat 'retirees' go on about it here. 99% of them sound a bit ridiculous when they go on about it. Maybe takes them back to school days, or something.

Edited by overherebc
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, overherebc said:

As I said, just what I was told. Never really bothered with weed myself. Always find it slightly amusing when expat 'retirees' go on about it here. 99% of them sound a bit ridiculous when they go on about it. Maybe takes them back to school days, or something.

With some people it just fits their personal style.

Many people have a favorite drug of choice. Mammals and many primates seek out and enjoy various plant drugs. Butterflies get drunk on fermented fruit.

Do you drink coffee? If you do does it take you back to your younger days? No? Didn't think so.

I don't and haven't for over 50 years. I was always amused by the long lines at the coffee machine when I went to work in the morning. No conversation, just scowling faces and grunts as they waited for their fix.

Whatever pulls your trigger is OK with me and it's OK to be amused. Trying to draw conclusions beyond that is just a waste of time though. Potato Pattato.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, RocketDog said:

With some people it just fits their personal style.

Many people have a favorite drug of choice. Mammals and many primates seek out and enjoy various plant drugs. Butterflies get drunk on fermented fruit.

Do you drink coffee? If you do does it take you back to your younger days? No? Didn't think so.

I don't and haven't for over 50 years. I was always amused by the long lines at the coffee machine when I went to work in the morning. No conversation, just scowling faces and grunts as they waited for their fix.

Whatever pulls your trigger is OK with me and it's OK to be amused. Trying to draw conclusions beyond that is just a waste of time though. Potato Pattato.

they didn't think of having a coffee before they left home? they waited until they got to work?

jeez, no wonder they were grouchy 

14 minutes ago, GeorgeCross said:

they didn't think of having a coffee before they left home? they waited until they got to work?

jeez, no wonder they were grouchy 

Different cultures, different ways. In Italy people would go for a coffee in the morning and it was always 'chatty' before and after. Can't remember any grumpies, just guys chatting and enjoying the time.

Maybe the weather made a difference.