Delicious sausages may pose health risks

webfact

32 minutes ago, Ralf001 said:

The Isaan Sausages  ((Soi Krok Isaan I think they are called) that I buy from street food vendors are next level delicious, I'd hate to think what is in them !

I’m in Oz and my wife’s friend makes Isaan Sausages and sells them for $25Aud kg.

I asked her husband what’s in them (they taste delicious) and he showed me a packet labeled “Isaan Sausage Seasoning mix” Absolutely devastated me…  ????????

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, scorecard said:

In a long discussion with my respected doctor in Australia I asked him what I can do to limit my chances of heart attach and/or stroke. A quick summay of his response:

- A big reducion in alcohol intake and stop altogether if you can.

- Reduce coffee down to 1 cup/mug per day, in the morning.

- Plenty of fresh water, e,g, 4 or 5 big glasses of water every day and after exercise/walk around the block etc. He agrees with the concept of waking up once or twice during the night to drink a glass of water.

- Take a blood thinner every day (same time of day if you can, e.g. Cardiprin).

- Reduce the oversall size of meals if you can.

- Reduce red meat a lot.

- Zero processed meats; sausages, cooked ham, etc., etc.

- Ensure you have fruit and veg every day / several times every day, doctors' own diet (re fruit and veg etc.), one orange, one apple, one banana every day and any other fruit on hand and at least one carrot every day, potatoes and cooked onions etc., regularly but potatoes in small quantities.

- Garlic every day, can be garlic tablets if you find eating garlic raw or cooked to be unpleasant.

- Daily exercise, even just a walk around the block.

That's all I can remember. 

Horses for courses mate. Some of the fittest people on Earth die in or before their 30s some of the unhealthiest people live to 90 plus. Children have strokes and heart attacks. Its all the genes. FOX03A. 

Edited by starky
  • Like 2

20 minutes ago, starky said:

Horses for courses mate. Some of the fittest people on Earth die in or before their 30s some of the unhealthiest people live to 90 plus. Children have strokes and heart attacks. Its all the genes. FOX03A. 

I don't disagree at all, however there's nothing wrong with asking a few questions, getting some good advice and trying to keep healthy. 

• Like 1

One of my favorite sausage restaurants is The “Wurstkuchl” in Regensburg Germany’s the oldest bratwurst tavern still in existence. It was established shortly after 1146 and served “slow-simmered meals” to dock workers.

Bratwurst.jpg

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Ralf001 said:

Yeah, think I mentioned earlier I dont eat rice.

Won't be making an exception sticky or not.

congrats on googling and discovering "Sai Krok" is fermented, you have learnt something new today.

You don't eat rice.

I don't google. Like something duckier.

Nice to live in friendly up2u land.

2 hours ago, scorecard said:

I don't disagree at all, however there's nothing wrong with asking a few questions, getting some good advice and trying to keep healthy. 

Also dont disagree but being super healthy eating all the right food and listening to respected doctors may or may not have some determination in when your number gets punched. Unfortunately some dont even stick around long enough to ask or understand a respected doctors opinion

https://www.globalissues.org/article/715/today-21000-children-died-around-the-world

Edited by starky
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, starky said:

it seems this subject has triggered some poster's strong disdain for sausage or processed meat no matter how or where is made. 

hate to say it but everything you eat these days has some sort of chemicals and preservative. moderation is key. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, starky said:

Also dont disagree but being super healthy eating all the right food and listening to respected doctors may or may not have some determination in when your number gets punched. Unfortunately some dont even stick around long enough to ask or understand a respected doctors opinion

https://www.globalissues.org/article/715/today-21000-children-died-around-the-world

Sure, nobody knows if their number will come up tomorrow even if you try to be healthy.

But surely there is room to get some basic knowledge about what can often help to prevent heart attacks and stroke, and following a regime that will, in the big scheme of things possibly help to stay alive longer and be healthier longer. Seems reasonable to me.

2 hours ago, BayArea said:

it seems this subject has triggered some poster's strong disdain for sausage or processed meat no matter how or where is made. 

hate to say it but everything you eat these days has some sort of chemicals and preservative. moderation is key. 

Sure, well accepted, but it doesn't take much effort to try to avoid the foods which contain large amonts of chemicals etc.

It's a choise; try a little to be healthy or just eat whatever. I've made my choice and I do well understand that my number could still come up tomorrow regardless of what I eat.