Dates for Retirement Funds i.e. 800k/400k

2 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

Having got mine a couple weeks ago the key date is when they issue the new extension as opposed to the normal yearly extension date

I can understand that for the 3 months before application, but the 3 months after could be very subjective as it is part of the new extension requirements and therefore could be argued that it is the annual date that it should be calculated from.

12 minutes ago, foreverlomsak said:

I can understand that for the 3 months before application, but the 3 months after could be very subjective as it is part of the new extension requirements and therefore could be argued that it is the annual date that it should be calculated from.

It is 2 months prior to application for extension and the 3 months post. 

The date is on stamp in your pp. 

Here is two examples. The 3 months is from 15/Oct (first one) and 2/Nov second one.

IMG_20220323_123915_955.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, foreverlomsak said:

It is 2 months before the date that you got your approval and 3 months after.

The officer wants to see your 2 months 800k bank statement on the date that you applied which can be 45 days before expiry date.

Edited by EricTh
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, EricTh said:

The officer wants to see your 2 months 800k bank statement on the date that you applied which can be 45 days before expiry date

Yes, I assume the op is obtaining his first extension.

Ongoing extensions require 12 month of bank records. 

1 hour ago, foreverlomsak said:

the 90 day check is 90 days after the day they give you the extension, same as i mentioned above so not subjective it seems

1 hour ago, DrJack54 said:

Yes, I assume the op is obtaining his first extension.

Ongoing extensions require 12 month of bank records. 

Not my first extension, and only been asked for a bank statement once, that was last year, and they appeared happy with a 3 month issued on the day.

Rumor has it that the local office want's everybody to switch to Bangkok Bank, while I have an account with them the balance would not meet 3 months from the annual date (falls short by 4k) but is OK from the issue date (hence the question).

I plan to keep using the bank/account, I have been using for years, which does not have any balance issues, until instructed otherwise by Immigration.

7 minutes ago, foreverlomsak said:

Not my first extension, and only been asked for a bank statement once, that was last year, and they appeared happy with a 3 month issued on the day.

Rumor has it that the local office want's everybody to switch to Bangkok Bank, while I have an account with them the balance would not meet 3 months from the annual date (falls short by 4k) but is OK from the issue date (hence the question).

I plan to keep using the bank/account, I have been using for years, which does not have any balance issues, until instructed otherwise by Immigration.

Perhaps I'm confused. Don't quite understand your post.

First up I mentioned "bank records" not bank statement.

In other words photocopies of my bank book pages along with bank letter. 

The io would then check my balances right back to my previous extension.

In particular checking that I maintained min 800k for the 3 months and not below 400k and back up to 800k+ two months prior to current application.

Which immigration office. 

4 hours ago, foreverlomsak said:

No.

Its 2 months before the application date and 3 months after the extension is granted.

Edited by Jingthing

19 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

First up I mentioned "bank records" not bank statement.

In other words photocopies of my bank book pages along with bank letter. 

In the past a copy of the bankbook was always OK, but last year they insisted I go get a bank statement.

Can only assume that they didn't believe the entries in the passbook gave all details, e.g. there might have been consolidated entries that might meant that I didn't have the correct amounts at the correct times.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, roobaa01 said:

Gday 

My question if I would deposit thb 800 k in a fixed deposit 12 to 36 months am I required to a bank Statement and bank book update ?

Wbr

Roobaa01

Bank letter and updated bank book at every application for a 12 month extension.

2 hours ago, roobaa01 said:

Gday 

My question if I would deposit thb 800 k in a fixed deposit 12 to 36 months am I required to a bank Statement and bank book update ?

Wbr

Roobaa01

When I had one Bank Certificate (showing ownership of account and balance) and copy passbook only, does depend on which Immigration Office you are with if they will require an actual statement or not.

48 minutes ago, foreverlomsak said:

When I had one Bank Certificate (showing ownership of account and balance) and copy passbook only, does depend on which Immigration Office you are with if they will require an actual statement or not.

Yes "bank letter" as distinct from "bank statement".

A bank statement would not be required at most offices.

Photocopy of bank book pages cuts it. 

I also have an FD account and make deposit 1000 baht at same time as obtaining bank letter on the day of application for extension. 

Edited by DrJack54

It all seems rather confusing.  I've never done a retirement visa but may at some point.  Do the funds all need to come from outside of Thailand?  Just wondering for those that may have worked in Thailand for 20 or more years,  They may very easily have 800K in a Thai bank but it was all earned in Thailand.  

2 minutes ago, Hanuman2547 said:

It all seems rather confusing.  I've never done a retirement visa but may at some point.  Do the funds all need to come from outside of Thailand?  Just wondering for those that may have worked in Thailand for 20 or more years,  They may very easily have 800K in a Thai bank but it was all earned in Thailand.  

There no requirement for the 800k baht to be transferred from abroad to apply for a extension of stay based upon retirement.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Hanuman2547 said:

Have been doing extensions (marriage & retirement) with money in the bank for over 15 years and have never been asked once where did the money come from.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

There no requirement for the 800k baht to be transferred from abroad to apply for a extension of stay based upon retirement.

That's only half the story though, a non Imm O visa based on retirement does need the 800k from abroad, not sure about income earned in Thailand

17 minutes ago, foreverlomsak said:

......have never been asked once where did the money come from.

That is true for extensions.

For those obtaining a non O retirement inside Thailand then the funds would need to shown to have come from outside of Thailand.

Exception is if the funds had been in Thai bank for 'some time'

Edited by DrJack54
  • Like 1

On 3/24/2022 at 9:50 AM, foreverlomsak said:

In the past a copy of the bankbook was always OK, but last year they insisted I go get a bank statement.

Can only assume that they didn't believe the entries in the passbook gave all details, e.g. there might have been consolidated entries that might meant that I didn't have the correct amounts at the correct times.

Which particular immigration office is it that's been requiring bank statements instead of relying on passbook entries in your case? This thread is of particular interest to me since I, too, will be switching to retirement based on 800k in the bank for my next extension (except that in my case it will be from retirement based on 65k monthly income rather than marriage based on 400k in the bank).

On 3/23/2022 at 12:38 PM, EricTh said:

The officer wants to see your 2 months 800k bank statement on the date that you applied which can be 45 days before expiry date.

Only 45 days if it's Bangkok/Chaengwattana (+ Chiang Mai, maybe??). At most other offices it's 30 days before max.

EDIT: @skatewash - that said do I recall you stating fairly recently that it was also 45 days at Phuket? Unfortunately senior moments have a blurring effect on my memory these days!☹️

Edited by OJAS

30 minutes ago, OJAS said:

Only 45 days if it's Bangkok/Chaengwattana (+ Chiang Mai, maybe??). At most other offices it's 30 days before max.

EDIT: @skatewash - that said do I recall you stating fairly recently that it was also 45 days at Phuket? Unfortunately senior moments have a blurring effect on my memory these days!☹️

can confirm it's 45 days in Phuket

m